LFCC Crew emails have gone out

Too Tall

• Showmasters Admin

The LFCC crew emails have gone out today.

There is a copy and paste error as I based it on the C17 application. There is no Monday at LFCC.

And the deadline is Monday 30th MAY not June.

• Showmasters Admin

Oh I didn't recive one (Checked Spam box as well) I emailed about a month or 2 ago with a change of email address.

Please email in again and I'll get one to you.

Hi Guys

I know this is probably too late for my to apply to volunteer to this event but i figured i may give it a shot anyway. I've sent an Email with my CV and i live close by and i would love to assist in anyway possible. I hope you guys like what you see and i hope you'll let me show you that. In anycase i hope you all have a great time.

Send an e-mail to crew@showmastersonline.com and request the application form.

The deadline for submission is not before the 30th, so you're not too late yet.

Thank you Queen Sindel =) I really appreciate the tip. I'll do it right now.

Hi,

At LFCC I want to crew a full day sunday, but only a half day saturday.

On Saturday I have photoshoots with Karen, Shawnee and Camille, so I would like a half day off which ever side of the crewing day the majority of these fall in (if not all), however I obviously don't know yet which half of saturday it will be, and I doubt I will know the timings by the 30th??

Also, if I was crewing in the morning, regarding autographs, can I get virtual queue tickets at the start of the day, or do I have to wait till I finish my shift? (As there may be a chance Karen's could reach the limit or something?) and if I were crewing in the afternoon do I have to buy an entrance ticket?

Thanks,

Natalie :thumbup:

Hi,

On Saturday I have photoshoots with Karen, Shawnee and Camille, so I would like a half day off which ever side of the crewing day the majority of these fall in (if not all), however I obviously don't know yet which half of saturday it will be, and I doubt I will know the timings by the 30th??

Also, if I was crewing in the morning, regarding autographs, can I get virtual queue tickets at the start of the day, or do I have to wait till I finish my shift? (As there may be a chance Karen's could reach the limit or something?) and if I were crewing in the afternoon do I have to buy an entrance ticket?

Thanks,

Natalie :clap:

Karen is amazing I would love to get a shoot with her but i get the strangely unanimous feeling that everyone else is going to try and be running for her and wanting to be her assistant. I'm gonna try to crew the whole thing because i could use the experience, it sounds like fun and it might make for a great opportunity. Seeing Mark Sheppherd and Karen gillan is just :thumbup:

I'm sure everyone will get a chance including the crew will get time to spend getting autographs and shoots i'll just be glad to be a part of it.

• Showmasters Admin

Hi,

Thanks,

Natalie :WAVE:

This is just one of those Things with crewing, you sometimes have to make a decision before knowing for sure. You will need to choose before the 30th, I simply can't rota the crew based on maybes. I.e. I may want the morning or afternoon off.

We will of course do our best to allow you to go to them but we can't garentee it. It's a chose you make when crewing I'm afraid.

If you crew thr morning we will get you into any queues you need in the afternoon. If you crew the afternoon you will not need an entry ticket.

Karen is amazing I would love to get a shoot with her but i get the strangely unanimous feeling that everyone else is going to try and be running for her and wanting to be her assistant. I'm gonna try to crew the whole thing because i could use the experience, it sounds like fun and it might make for a great opportunity. Seeing Mark Sheppherd and Karen gillan is just :thumbup:

I'm sure everyone will get a chance including the crew will get time to spend getting autographs and shoots i'll just be glad to be a part of it.

No one will be TRYING to be with Karen. One person decided who works where, that's the head of crew AKA me ;)

No one will be TRYING to be with Karen. One person decided who works where, that's the head of crew AKA me ;)

Brilliant. Well in any case Captain i'll be available for the entire weekend. You know assuming you want to select me in the end. Thanks for the Clarity :WAVE:

Adam

Hi,

Thanks,

Natalie :thumbup:

This is just one of those Things with crewing, you sometimes have to make a decision before knowing for sure. You will need to choose before the 30th, I simply can't rota the crew based on maybes. I.e. I may want the morning or afternoon off.

We will of course do our best to allow you to go to them but we can't garentee it. It's a chose you make when crewing I'm afraid.

If you crew thr morning we will get you into any queues you need in the afternoon. If you crew the afternoon you will not need an entry ticket.

Thanks :) well I'll probably get the afternoon off, as I doubt ALL 3 will have their photoshoots in the morning :WAVE: and if at least one is in the afternoon then that only leaves me with 2 things ;) thanks

Cute =)

Say sorry to be a pain guys i was wondering if i could get an application form to apply to crew as a runner or guest for LFCC or any other Event i think it'd be a really good experience for me. I already sent an email so thanks guys.

• Showmasters Admin

It's me that looks after the crew email box but I can only get access to it at home. I wasn't in last night and will be away this weekend at the Hub so it maybe Monday evening before I get chance to send it through, but that will still give you a week to reply.

• Showmasters Admin

Cute =)

Say sorry to be a pain guys i was wondering if i could get an application form to apply to crew as a runner or guest for LFCC or any other Event i think it'd be a really good experience for me. I already sent an email so thanks guys.

Just to warn you, you don't apply for a specific job, like runner or guest assistant. As head of crew I assign the crew to their jobs, you could end up doing almost anything.

Please do read this thread as it does explain that jobs will be assigned and never garenteed.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=25858

Just so we're clear, new crew do not sit with guests! It usually takes at least a couple of shows before you'll get to guest assist at all and to guest assist someone like Karen you'd have been crewing with us at least 3 or 4 years and done 10+ shows.

So honestly if you're thinking of crewing because you hope to get closer to guests like Karen, please don't apply, you'll just be disapointed.

If on the otherhand you want to get involved making the shows better for everyone, do some pretty hard work at times, and have some fun, then great, we'll be happy to have you :hathor:

Cute =)

Just to warn you, you don't apply for a specific job, like runner or guest assistant. As head of crew I assign the crew to their jobs, you could end up doing almost anything.

Please do read this thread as it does explain that jobs will be assigned and never garenteed.

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=25858

Just so we're clear, new crew do not sit with guests! It usually takes at least a couple of shows before you'll get to guest assist at all and to guest assist someone like Karen you'd have been crewing with us at least 3 or 4 years and done 10+ shows.

So honestly if you're thinking of crewing because you hope to get closer to guests like Karen, please don't apply, you'll just be disapointed.

If on the otherhand you want to get involved making the shows better for everyone, do some pretty hard work at times, and have some fun, then great, we'll be happy to have you :WINCE:

I understand i just want to apologise for insinuating that was the reason i wanted to apply to crew was to spend time with the guests. The reason i'd like to crew is just to be a part of something so big would really help me develop my own skills and experience which are unbelievably difficult come by and it'd just be the best feeling in the world. Hard work is something i pride myself on and wherever you need it i'll be glad to assist. Thanks for the Information and politeness I appreciate that.

What i'm actually working towards at the moment is My Acting and Event Co-ordination skills. Sorry for coming cross ignorant.

• Showmasters Admin

Adam,

Glad to hear it :WINCE: As you can imagine we do get people applying for the wrong reasons and I'd rather be up front so people know what they're in for before they get there.

I attended the shows from 2004-2008 and have crewed for the best part of the last 3 years worth of shows - starting at LFCC 08.

It has been so worth the change from attendee to crew, we work hard but party harder. The benefits of crewing are what you make of the time and experience gained whilst working the shows.

I know I won't be giving it up anytime soon.

Michelle

Psycle-path extraordinaire

Adam,

Glad to hear it :P As you can imagine we do get people applying for the wrong reasons and I'd rather be up front so people know what they're in for before they get there.

Very well said :-) Naturally i have alot to learn but i'm definitely looking forward to it. Anyway sorry again for putting it like that but you all seem really cool.

I attended the shows from 2004-2008 and have crewed for the best part of the last 3 years worth of shows - starting at LFCC 08.

It has been so worth the change from attendee to crew, we work hard but party harder. The benefits of crewing are what you make of the time and experience gained whilst working the shows.

Michelle

That pretty much sums up exactly what i was hoping for + I just hope if/when the time comes my insane amount of energy :D ends up as a gift more than an annoyance. It's good to know there are people who do it because they want too :whistling:

Adam the...ermmm....errr...Adam :(

Michelle

I've only been crewing from 09 so 18 months or so now, and tbh I've loved every minute, it's hard graft, especially break down when everyone's fighting for tables and you're pulling splinters out lol.

I don't mind any job given to me, yeah no one particularly wants VT's or something but you get what you're given and the experience for me (I'm an events management student) is invaluable. I've met some of the most amazing people (meaning crew) who really do look out for you as a person, and don't bare grudges when mistakes are made. After 18 months I got a job I was beyond ecstatic with and felt more lucky and grateful opposed to yeah well it's about time.

Michelle

I've only been crewing from 09 so 18 months or so now, and tbh I've loved every minute, it's hard graft, especially break down when everyone's fighting for tables and you're pulling splinters out lol.

I don't mind any job given to me, yeah no one particularly wants VT's or something but you get what you're given and the experience for me (I'm an events management student) is invaluable. I've met some of the most amazing people (meaning crew) who really do look out for you as a person, and don't bare grudges when mistakes are made. After 18 months I got a job I was beyond ecstatic with and felt more lucky and grateful opposed to yeah well it's about time.

Events Management :-) That's something i'm studying too along with Acting. I gotta say you guys all seem really cool it's nice too see people doing something because they actually enjoy and want to do it. The crew all seem really enthusiastic and if theres one thing i can relate to it's hard work and enthusiasm. Aside from that i genuinely think it'd be an awesome experience. By the way nice to meet you all...i'm Adam...obviously :D