Guest Announcement Astronaut Bruce McCandless

Dave Phillips

• Moderators

We are pleased to welcome back Bruce McCandless.

Bruce McCandless II (born June 8, 1937 in Boston, Massachusetts) is a former naval aviator with the United States Navy and former NASA astronaut. During the first of his two Space Shuttle missions he made the first untethered, free flight using the Manned Maneuvering Unit.

Bruce7.jpg

bruce6.jpg

Bruce5.jpg

I think you are confusing Charlie Duke with Dick Gordon, besides I think it's probably worth letting this one rest now. We have a very good astronaut line-up for the show now and I'm sure if and when there is more news on Dick Gordon Dave or Jason will let us know.

Edited by Count Fooku

I think you are confusing Charlie Duke with Dick Gordon, besides I think it's probably worth letting this one rest now. We have a very good astronaut line-up for the show now and I'm sure if and when there is more news on Dick Gordon Dave or Jason will let us know.

Ooops! I do see my silly mistake! :D

It's just confusing when the deal was done and dusted, and then no update ever comes.

It makes you think that perhaps it was Dick, perhaps it was Jason..... perhaps the goal posts moved, perhaps something else happened. But your right, its clear there now isn't going to be an update which is disappointing.

You never know whats coming round the corner with these shows so never say never. Personally I think there is a fantastic astronaut line-up for this show, there is going to be one person each from the Mercury, Gemini, Apollo and Shuttle programs as well as someone from mission control. In that group we also have two moonwalkers, including one from the first landing.

With regards to Dick Gordon, I would rather Dave and Jason said nothing and let us know when there was some definite news rather than saying something which could affect him attending any future events.