...................................FRIDAY.............................

on the guest days and prices page where it says for example Mark Sheppard Fri/Sat/Sun does that mean hes free on Friday or just that he'll sign friday but not for free? just trying to work out if I can make this after work as I might not be able to get there till 8 .. do you think that would be too late? and can you buy tickets for friday at the door or only in advance?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on the guest days and prices page where it says for example Mark Sheppard Fri/Sat/Sun does that mean hes free on Friday or just that he'll sign friday but not for free? just trying to work out if I can make this after work as I might not be able to get there till 8 .. do you think that would be too late? and can you buy tickets for friday at the door or only in advance?

Mark comes under category 2 of the below explanation from earlier in this thread.

I just wanted to clarify there will be 2 DIFFERENT types of guest at the Friday Preview.

1: There will be a group of guests that will be FREE. These guests will likely ONLY be there on Friday and as of yet have not been announced.

2: There will be a group of guests already announced for the show (attending Sat and Sun), that will be doing Friday evening as an EXTRA. These guests will NOT be free, and will be charging the same as they will be the rest of the weekend. It will be announced soon who these guests will be.

You can buy tickets on the door. You will have an hour to wander around the stalls, and meet the guests.

The whole American con DW thing? "it sticks in my claw" why can't the BBC do stuff like that for us? It's a British show made with British tax payer money, all we get are 2 minute signing sessions in small locations in the middle of a week day!

However I'm not as bitter as I once was now Karen is doing lfcc, which is just super amazing! Well done Jason!! Thank you for readdressing the balance somewhat with Karenn and the beautiful Alex, Can't express how happy those 2 guests make me!

Mark comes under category 2 of the below explanation from earlier in this thread.

I just wanted to clarify there will be 2 DIFFERENT types of guest at the Friday Preview.

1: There will be a group of guests that will be FREE. These guests will likely ONLY be there on Friday and as of yet have not been announced.

2: There will be a group of guests already announced for the show (attending Sat and Sun), that will be doing Friday evening as an EXTRA. These guests will NOT be free, and will be charging the same as they will be the rest of the weekend. It will be announced soon who these guests will be.

You can buy tickets on the door. You will have an hour to wander around the stalls, and meet the guests.

ooh thanks for the quick reply :)

The whole American con DW thing? "it sticks in my claw" why can't the BBC do stuff like that for us? It's a British show made with British tax payer money,

Sadly not anymore...

Like everything else Doctor Who is PART-funded by the Beeb and Part Funded by Canadian and US Cash.

Therefore, the US cash commands more of a 'YOU WILL DO' for promo work.

Also, SDCC is a VERY exciting place to be for any show/movie.

The whole American con DW thing? "it sticks in my claw" why can't the BBC do stuff like that for us? It's a British show made with British tax payer money,

Sadly not anymore...

Like everything else Doctor Who is PART-funded by the Beeb and Part Funded by Canadian and US Cash.

Therefore, the US cash commands more of a 'YOU WILL DO' for promo work.

Also, SDCC is a VERY exciting place to be for any show/movie.

Just to nip this in the bud before the debate about other events gets under way, and as a reminder, we're not supposed to discuss or mention other events on here. It's rule 3 in the Guidelines

Its one week to go, and I'm really fired up for this event folks, cant wait. I have a quick question (ps; and it isn't who are the free guests lol)

At the friday preview, its mentioned we can have a look at the auction, do we know what times the auctions throughout the weekend are taking place? I willbe making a bee-line for the desk as soon as the doors open on Friday to book photo's for the Saturday, but i would love to go to the auction.

Also, not sure if this has been answered, but is it possible to get a VT ticket for saturday or the Sunday for autographs? If not, no probs:)

I know from some of my earlier posts i requested a joint Gil Gerrard/Erin Gray photo and i've noticed there is some interest from other threads, have SM made any decision on this, just curious.

Thanks for all you hard work on this, really cant wait to meet you all:)

• Showmasters Admin

Also, not sure if this has been answered, but is it possible to get a VT ticket for saturday or the Sunday for autographs? If not, no probs:)

I know from some of my earlier posts i requested a joint Gil Gerrard/Erin Gray photo and i've noticed there is some interest from other threads, have SM made any decision on this, just curious.

No and No :whistling:

We only give out VTs on he day.

No comment has been made by SM suggesting they'll do it.

• Showmasters Admin

Thanks Too Tall, oh will the crew have name tags on the day so we can recognise them and say thanks for their help:)

Yes, all crew members will be wearing passes that will have their names on.

And mine says Too Tall :thumbup: As well as my shirt. But then again I'm pretty impossible to miss.

OOOPS POSTED IN WRONG PLACE BEFORE SORRY

Re photo shoot Christopher Lloyd 10.05 saturday travel to event inc b & b (friday ) costing over £100 as cant get up on saturday I have standard ticket so cant get in until 11 am means i will miss the photoshoot ive paid for because of time it set for .....comments advice please am already on low budget

Regards Gaz

OOOPS POSTED IN WRONG PLACE BEFORE SORRY

Re photo shoot Christopher Lloyd 10.05 saturday travel to event inc b & b (friday ) costing over £100 as cant get up on saturday I have standard ticket so cant get in until 11 am means i will miss the photoshoot ive paid for because of time it set for .....comments advice please am already on low budget

Regards Gaz

You can upgrade to an Early Bird ticket on the day. Just join the Early Bird pay on the day queue, hand over your Standard ticket and pay the price difference of £6. Then you will be able to enter after 9am. Edited by 1of2

How long will we have to wait for the rest of the guests?

I think it's getting ridiculous as I have to buy train tickets if I'm going and the later people leave it the more expensive my train tickets will be.

Youd think with 2 days to go someone would be more fussed about telling people who's actually attending?

• Moderators

Guests are announced when everything is finalised. It's not a case of withholding them just to annoy people. Of course SM would rather they were able to announce guests in advance so people can plan, but I assume things are still being worked on.

Unfortunately we just have to wait. It's not a case of not being fussed.

Hi there,

Are there plans for bringing in any more free guests for Friday? I realise that the intention was to bring in 6 guests but thus far only 2 have been announced.

I understand that contracts need to be finalised etc but unfortunately I have to echo some other posters on here who are a little concerned with the lack of announcements.

I'm certainly not trying to say that Showmasters are with holding information from us but if only 2 free guests can be signed I'd rather that they announce that as opposed to leaving a tight deadline to Friday with no one else to announce.

Please don't think of me as a moaner but just someone offering an opinion. I had fully intended in coming down for the Friday preview providing the free signers were someone of interest to me. Thus far that hasn't proven to be the case and if a guest was to be announced that I do want to meet I probably wouldn't be able to afford another train fare to London. If guests had been announced sooner I could have pre-booked my train ticket and not had this problem.

Again, please don't look at this as just a customer complaining, take this as feedback and an opportunity to improve for the future if you decide to offer free signing guests for other events. Leaving guest announcements like these near to deadline will discourage fans who are undecided about coming.

This all being said I am very much looking forward to LFCC this and all the usual fun that goes with it. There are many guests over the weekend that I'm looking forward to and thank you Showmasters for bringing them over.

Hi there,

Are there plans for bringing in any more free guests for Friday? I realise that the intention was to bring in 6 guests but thus far only 2 have been announced.

I'm 'cheating' with the forum equivalent of copy and paste as Too Tall has just answered the same query in another thread.

I know the office are working on more, but everyone please remember it did say "up to 6".
Edited by 1of2

Only if they can get some.

Like everyone on here has said, it was always 'up to 6' not '100% for certain 6'

Its why SM never say 'next LFCC will have x number of guests' or anything. Things fall through or dont happen as planned so they cancel or go to other events or whatever.

Same went for these free ones. SM still had to get them in the way they do for all the other guests. Just asking people and hoping they said yes.