latest guest announcement - KAREN GILLAN

When QS says its a photostudio. Its a roped and (temp) walled off section of the Hall, not a living breathing purpose built photostudio. Backdrop, flash unit, brolly, and photog.

Sorry yahweh, I thought I'd use the same words that the poster asking did use because it's newbie and I didn't want any confusion.

It's as close to a studio as you'll get under the circumstances. Better? :unsure:

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say the earlier you get to see her, the more likely it is that you'll get more than her signature.

However, considering she's doing a shoot AND a talk, I wouldn't expect anything other than a signature. Anything else will be a bonus.

This is based on seeing how many came for Alex Kingston in one day, and that was without a talk!

From what I'm led to believe (and also because there will be more people wanting to meet Karen in London than there were to see Alex in MK) there will be no persoanlisations (just like Nimoy & Shatner).

I would say the earlier you get to see her, the more likely it is that you'll get more than her signature.

However, considering she's doing a shoot AND a talk, I wouldn't expect anything other than a signature. Anything else will be a bonus.

This is based on seeing how many came for Alex Kingston in one day, and that was without a talk!

From what I'm led to believe (and also because there will be more people wanting to meet Karen in London than there were to see Alex in MK) there will be no persoanlisations (just like Nimoy & Shatner).

Don't really care.

It's meeting Karen that counts :unsure:

This event is going to be very busy - am I glad I've got a Gold Pass. She will be my first guest of the day I think.

Even though i raved about the appearance of Karen at this show recently i was gobsmacked to see her auto is £25. OK she is hot property at the moment but hey she lives in this country so no airfares etc. Dont get me wrong i am glad she is coming and i really want to meet her but as i was going to get four autos off her looks like i am now down to one. Usually the Star trek guests and big stars are £25 but Karen? come on guys whats happening? I feel sorry for the people who cant afford just one of her let alone two.

Well, this is the price we pay for wanting an excellent guest who is actually on the tele at the moment. You have to ask yourself is it better that you meet her and pay 25 pounds or not meet her at all - I know which one I would rather.

Personally, I was expecting to pay more.

This event is going to be very busy - am I glad I've got a Gold Pass. She will be my first guest of the day I think.

Even though i raved about the appearance of Karen at this show recently i was gobsmacked to see her auto is £25. OK she is hot property at the moment but hey she lives in this country so no airfares etc. Dont get me wrong i am glad she is coming and i really want to meet her but as i was going to get four autos off her looks like i am now down to one. Usually the Star trek guests and big stars are £25 but Karen? come on guys whats happening? I feel sorry for the people who cant afford just one of her let alone two.

Well, this is the price we pay for wanting an excellent guest who is actually on the tele at the moment. You have to ask yourself is it better that you meet her and pay 25 pounds or not meet her at all - I know which one I would rather.

Personally, I was expecting to pay more.

I was suprised of the price first, but then again, she is atm very active on TV, which boosts the price, thats a fact, and Im willing to pay that :) She is awesome, and Im a sucker for redheads :P

I was thinking of getting a goldpass, she was the one that got me buying one in the end. She will deffo be my first visit.

I'm afraid that is the going rate for a guest that at the moment, is the Doctors current companion and I'm surprised SM have actually managed to get her so I feel quite lucky she is going to do it.

If you don't want to pay that much then either get just one signature (instead of 3 or 4) or don't bother at all. I'm pretty sure there will be many collectors with 5 or 6 or 7 items to sign so they can keep one or two and sell the rest on E-bay which won't help the situation.

Its going to manic on the Saturday.

Sorry, but photoshoots aren't set up for aesthetic reasons. It's you, and the guest, maybe 5 seconds, bye.. next.. Karen's will be crazy.. probably setup like Tyson's last year. Did you want the ATeam, or the van? When QS says its a photostudio. Its a roped and (temp) walled off section of the Hall, not a living breathing purpose built photostudio. Backdrop, flash unit, brolly, and photog. Hopefully the Delorean shoot will be on a wider angle.. depends on how/where Lloyd is arranged..

Seeing as theres the Doctor Who exhibition in Earls Court already, I guess there might be a Tardis or two knocking around. It's hardly difficult to knock up a Tardis, judging by how many kids of all ages seem to have a lookalike.. I doubt you'll get a guided tour..

If you are in the queue for an autograph with a virtual ticket, and you have a friend who has some need to hang around with you in the queue instead of leaving the umbilical cord and checking out the rest of the show.. they might let him walk along side you, but out of the queue, for at least some of the time.. but I doubt it in Karen's case..

Oh and chances are there will be NO posed photos, if any in the queues. This is just so as many folks as possibly get the Pond experience as possible.. Also discourses on Descartes and Wittgenstein might also be discouraged..

Oh and its worth mentioning, as it will be stated on the day.. once you get VT above say 400, chances are the odds on getting a sig are remote, and not guaranteed. Alex seemed to do quite a few on Sunday, but she only had lunch and a one hour shoot between setting up, and finishing.. I know William F Shatner did 1000 in a morning at MK a few years back. but I can't see Karen being THAT mechanical and fan unfriendly.

Oh and how much would you suggest they set the price for the main support role in the BBCs main PrimeTime ratings winner? Fiver? If so, unless you camp out from now, you haven't got a cat in HELL's chance of seeing the girl even from a distance.. And boy will you be pissed at how unfair it was for all those others to get her sig, and you missed out..

My Point Was It Was Advertised As a photoshoot With 2 Of The A Team And The Van .. but In The Pic u Couldn't Tell it Was the A Team van ... Very Misleading ... ALL I ASKED WAS IS THE PIC GOING TO BE THE WHOLE TARDIS IN THE PIC OR PART OF IT .... I KNOW IT'S NOT A PROPER PHOTOSTUDIO .. THIS IS NOT MY 1ST CONVENTION ...

My Point Was It Was Advertised As a photoshoot With 2 Of The A Team And The Van .. but In The Pic u Couldn't Tell it Was the A Team van ... Very Misleading ... ALL I ASKED WAS IS THE PIC GOING TO BE THE WHOLE TARDIS IN THE PIC OR PART OF IT .... I KNOW IT'S NOT A PROPER PHOTOSTUDIO .. THIS IS NOT MY 1ST CONVENTION ...

I think the photo studio reference was commenting on my reply to guardianz, not your post.

Unfortunately none of the mods do have any knowledge how exactly this shoot will be set up. There should be some confirmation coming, but this will be from the office directly.

"photoshoots aren't set up for aesthetic reasons"

OK, this does worry me a bit! Wouldn't that be a pretty strange approach? Quick doesn't have to mean bad. I might not have been clear before in regard to the backdrop so these pics (randomly grabbed via Google) will hopefully demonstrate what I mean.

Backdrop shot RIGHT:

nicebackdrop.jpg

Backdrop shot WRONG:

badbackdrop.jpg

I expect most people would appreciate the aesthetic difference between the soft glowing nebula effect of the first pic and the drab crinkled cloth in the second. The subjects just need to be positioned a little way away from the backdrop, instead of right against it. Result, much better looking photos for no extra time or effort - just a little bit of space.

As Karen will have a Tardis as backdrop her shoot will have different requirements; it will need to be IN focus rather than diffuse. I doubt the shots could be framed to get the whole Tardis in as it might leave the people a bit small, a Tardis is probably 9 feet tall after all!

The presence of a Tardis will mean that particular photo area will HAVE to be allocated a reasonable bit of space. But if a professional photographer is coming in to do other shoots too, it might be worth giving the guy a bit of room to work in when laying out the floorplan, and everyone could get a better product at the end of it.

OK, this does worry me a bit! Wouldn't that be a pretty strange approach? Quick doesn't have to mean bad. I might not have been clear before in regard to the backdrop so these pics (randomly grabbed via Google) will hopefully demonstrate what I mean.

Don't worry. Malcolm's photos are always fantastic, I have never come away with one I didn't like.

The two photo areas always have their own separate space allocated with those set up walls that almost make it a completely separate room.

Malcolm and Danielle are our two professional photographers and they do all photosessions, not only the Tardis shot.

I think yahweh was mainly referring to the concerns if the Tardis would be in the picture completely and if there was a special backdrop and all those things that have not been confirmed yet.

Hi,

I am a complete newbie at this but have just purchased a photo op ticket with Karen Gillan for my ten year old son as he is completely nuts about her!

I just wondered if anyone could help with the following questions....will I be given a time slot? Also, will my son be able to get Karen's autograph or will I have to pay again for this separately?

Sorry for being such a gormless mother - really hope someone who has done this before can help!

Thanks for reading!

Edited by pandapaws

Hi,

I am a complete newbie at this but have just purchased a photo op ticket with Karen Gillan for my ten year old son as he is completely nuts about her!

I just wondered if anyone could help with the following questions....will I be given a time slot?

Hello and welcome to the forum!

There will be a time table for the photo sessions up on the forum maybe a week or two before the show. Just be at the photo area in question (there's areas A and :D around the time scheduled. Karen is quite popular and the tickets have been on sale for a while, so you don't have to be there at exact the time given because like Pez has said there'll be groups of about 50 tickets called (there'll be a number on your ticket when you receive it).

I just wondered if anyone could help with the following questions....will I be given a time slot? Also, will my son be able to get Karen's autograph or will I have to pay again for this separately?

For an autograph you have to pay separately like pez has correctly explained.

If you want an autograph please go to the signing area right when you arrive. Somewhere near Karen's table will be a crew member (usually in a blue shirt saying "crew") who's handing out the so called Virtual Queue tickets. Those are tickets with a number on then which designates your place in the virtual queue. Get one of them for you and one for your son. It's one per person, so if you want to line up with him you will both need one. For the photo session you can line up with him no problem even if it's only him in the picture, no one expects a child to go through the process alone.

This is done so you don't have to queue for hours to get Karen's autograph. There's a sign near the line that will have the numbers on it that can join the queue. Once this number has reached the number on your ticket you can go and join the line. About half way down the line there's a table where you'll pay for the autograph. You'll be given a small receipt and you can choose a picture to get signed. Once you are at Karen's table you hand over the receipt and the picture to the crew member sitting next to her.

Thank you so much, Queen Sindel and Pez, that was so helpful - and quick!

I'm really looking forward to it now - can't wait to see his little face when he sees her! Better take lots of tissues cos I'll probably cry...

:D

gotta feeling karen will have a queue all day!!

i have a question, I have photo ticket number 1, if I decide to buy another shoot with her which will no doubt be photo 700 or something lol, can I get both done at the same time? I assume yes but best to ask just in case.

I didnt think of that, the back drop might well be the doors of the tardis rather than the full tardis. tbh personally Im not bothered as long as there is a background of some sort and you can get close to karen like a normal shoot. not separated by the tardis, which im led to believe we will (we will be able to get close like a normal shoot I mean, not separated)

Edited by timelord81r

i have a question, I have photo ticket number 1, if I decide to buy another shoot with her which will no doubt be photo 700 or something lol, can I get both done at the same time? I assume yes but best to ask just in case.

Yes, you can. Have done it myself.

Thank you so much, Queen Sindel and Pez, that was so helpful - and quick!

I'm really looking forward to it now - can't wait to see his little face when he sees her! Better take lots of tissues cos I'll probably cry...

:jason:

Glad we could help. If you have any more questions, just come on here and ask them.

Hope you'll have a fantastic time. :(

Debating buying a 2nd photo with Karen... Ahhhhhhhh.

Want a normal photo and a "Twin Amy's" RND special pose as the photo is with the TARDIS (in whatever form the TARDIS may be, full or backdrop).

Presume I've not got long to decide too... It'd be typical if I decide to buy a second one then she sells out before I get it :thumbup:

Debating buying a 2nd photo with Karen... Ahhhhhhhh.

Want a normal photo and a "Twin Amy's" RND special pose as the photo is with the TARDIS (in whatever form the TARDIS may be, full or backdrop).

Presume I've not got long to decide too... It'd be typical if I decide to buy a second one then she sells out before I get it :thumbup:

I'm having the same debate with myself. :D I really want a second photoshoot, but so far I don't have enough money for autographs as it is...But I know if I wait longer they'll go. It's such a difficult decision. D: