latest guest announcement - KAREN GILLAN

• Moderators

I was simply saying that the Tenth Planet price isn't a clear indicator i.e. £10 dearer or whatever, because it had already been posted that they hadn't based it on an official price. But hey, I won't try to be helpful in future I guess if that's such an issue.

If you have any personal issue (which you seem to) then please contact me off-forum instead of creating an argument out of someone trying to help.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm yes of course "I" have issues! Lol! Heard it all now!

Anyway, back to the thread....if the Tenth Planet price is less than the show will they want more or is that the maximum they will charge?

we've read the previous posts..
That is why I, and I assume David, replied. To me it wasn't entirely clear if you were aware of that post from 10th Planet. Not everybody likes to read through each post, especially when there are 400 of them :lol: So it was just an attempt to help.

have people ever missed out on getting an autograph becuase the guest was too busy?

In the 5 (or is it 6) years I've been goign to SM events I've never heard of someone missing an autograph becuase of long queues .... I remember going to get shatners autograph and there were maybe 5 people in the queue in the afternoon last year.

The very 1st comic con I went to me and my mate ended up with virtual queue ticket with quite a high number for Elijah Wood and he didnt get anywhere near the ticket numbers we had.

Needless to say I've learned my lessson since then and made sure to arrive very early to these things and havent missed out on a guest since :lol:

I missed out on the Phelps Twins a few years ago at LFACC and I even had a Gold Pass.

The queue had been huge all day and I was told by a crew member to join the end but it was too late.

I'm glad they are going to MK.

we've read the previous posts..
That is why I, and I assume David, replied. To me it wasn't entirely clear if you were aware of that post from 10th Planet. Not everybody likes to read through each post, especially when there are 400 of them :lol: So it was just an attempt to help.

I had read it, its just from what I had seen in the past with previous markups on pre-orders it does give you a rough idea on cost.......

If I owe David an apology then I am sorry.....my attack was not intended to be personal in nature, like me, sometimes its not what's being said but how its written....

Hmm yes of course "I" have issues! Lol! Heard it all now!

Anyway, back to the thread....if the Tenth Planet price is less than the show will they want more or is that the maximum they will charge?

Going by what Zoe has wrote they appear to have intentionally been cautious, and I don't think they will have a problem in that respect. Personally I would expect the actual event price to be £20-£25.

Theoretically, if a guests final price is more than what 10th Planet have advertised, I guess they would amend their price, and contact the people who have alread placed pre-orders. I don't think that scenario has ever happened so far.

The way I understand Zoe's post the Tenth Planet price (minus their fee) is the maximum price that's possible.

Yeh 1of2 I'm thinking about £20-£25 too but budgeting on £30 just in case!
That's what I do whenever a price is unknown initially. Take a guess and then add £5 more. So far I have been good at guessing and have always ended up with 'spare' money :D

steve9

Once you're in and get your VT, the crew will be able to give to a rough idea of when you'll get into the actual queue. With our Virtual Queue system you will not have to wait there all day, you can go and look at the dealers and other stuff going on and as BeatrixKiddo88 has already said, should you wish to go for a walk outside you can do.

The photo shoot will likely be about 90 minutes long. Again based on your ticket the crew will be able to tell you when you're likely to get in, so again no need to sat there waiting, you can go off and do other things.

Also to be aware of is that once your number is called you can join the real queue anytime after that. So you can't miss you turn, if you are 402, we don't call 400 to 450 and then say 450 to 500 and you're too late. We always call 0 to 100, then 0 to 150 and so on. So as long as you make sure you're there before the end of her photo shoot, her signing session you'll get in.

The time in the "actual" queue is usually no more than 20 or so minutes.

Thanks for the further info (but what is "VT"?), I decided to go for it and get booked up! Problem on the booking page though - the form repeatedly insisted that I provide an "issue number". It's not even a required field on the form, and my card doesn't even have an issue number, but the damn page would not proceed without one. :angry:

So I just put a "-" in there to give it something to bite on, and the order went through. At least it seemed to, I did get a confirmation e-mail and order number. But what if the payment didn't process, will they let me know?

The details are entered manually AFAIK, so yes, you'd be told of a problem

VT = Virtual Ticket. Get a ticket to virtually Queue, until the time comes to join the proper one. Means you can do other things whilst waiting.

The details are entered manually AFAIK, so yes, you'd be told of a problem

VT = Virtual Ticket. Get a ticket to virtually Queue, until the time comes to join the proper one. Means you can do other things whilst waiting.

But this only applies if you are wanting an autograph. The photo shoot is entirely seperate and you do not need a Virtual Ticket for that as you have a real ticket. (steve9 only asks about the photoshoot in his original query).

Edited by mpharris

• Showmasters Admin

steve9

Terrahawk is correct on both counts.

For some reason after a resent software upgrade on the online shop it's decided that issue number of mandatory. Putting any old thing is fine, the card will be manually processed and should there be an issue they will email you.

VTs.

On all of our big guests we run Virtual Queues for their autographs. It's a bit like taking a number at the butchers. But with our system it means you can go off and do other things whilst you're waiting.

So you go up first thing to the end of Karen's queue and get a Virtual Ticket for each of you. The earlier you get there the lower your numbers will be. Once your number is called yo ucan join the REAL queue.

For photo shoots entering the queue is based on your photo ticket.

mp is quite right, I'm purely attending for the photoshoot so the autograph arrangements won't affect me. So is it that when my photoshoot ticket is posted to me it will already have a number on? Then suppose the timeslot was announced as 1pm-3pm, and my number was 300, I'd know it's not worth arriving for 1pm because we'll be waiting for an hour or so?

mp is quite right, I'm purely attending for the photoshoot so the autograph arrangements won't affect me. So is it that when my photoshoot ticket is posted to me it will already have a number on? Then suppose the timeslot was announced as 1pm-3pm, and my number was 300, I'd know it's not worth arriving for 1pm because we'll be waiting for an hour or so?
Yes the photo shoot tickets are numbered. People are cllae dup in groups. It varies and may be 1-50, then 1-100 or it may be 1-100 straight away. You wouldn't need to be there at the beginning with a ticket numbered 300 but with things going well it could reach 300 in 30 minutes. The photos only take 10-15 seconds each. If Malcolm is in full flow then it is easily less than 10 seconds.

I'm guessing that if the items were handed back when you pass the table that Karen would at least do the handing back?? Otherwise it's little more personal than making a pre-order and having it posted out to you.

You have the proof though.

I remember when I was getting a signed photo of Milo Ventimiglia a few years back. Photo was passed to him with a post it, he signed it, dedicated as requested. He was a little surprised when he looked up afterwards, after all he'd made it out for my sister!

Anyone who's not been before don't worry about finding the place. Though you want West Brompton Tube station rather than Earls Court. You can almost see the entrance (and queues) from there.

Earls Court station has two exits. If you see the Police Box you are on the wrong side!

Do You Mean The Tardis ??? lol .. sorry had to reply to that ..

SM theres more than a month to go and the hype alone from Karen coming is fab

Ive already started planning in my head a plan of attack as I will be getting in just before 10:30am

Fingers crossed!

:(:WAVE::WAVE:

Hello, I am new to this forum, and it will be my first time going to comic con, I am coming to meet Karen and I am not sure of how to get an autograph ticket do I purchase it from tenth planet, and is one autograph ticket count as one thing signed :unsure:

Tenth Planet are just preorders for people not going. If you are attending you buy your autos when you are in the queue for her, but you need to get a virtual queue ticket (numbered) before you can join that queue and your number comes up

yes its one auto per the fee, in person its £25 so 2 would cost £50 and so on.

Yes, if you are going you don't have to pre-order. Tenth Planet is only doing orders for fans that can't make it.

If you go you pay for the autographs on the day. The cost is per autograph. So one autograph 25, 2 50 and so on.

Karen will probably be on the Virtual Queue system. That means once you arrive go to the signing area and find Karen's table. A crew member (in a blue shirt saying "crew") is handing out little tickets with numbers. That number is your spot in the virtual queue. This is done so you can do other things instead of spending 2 or 3 hours in line. :unsure: Once your number has been called (means written on a sign next to the queue) you can join the actual line. There's a table about half way down the line where you will pay for your autographs. They will give you a small receipt saying for how many autographs you have paid. You give this paper along with the items to get signed to the crew member sitting with Karen.