Latest Guest Announcement - SUGAR RAY LEONARD

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

We are delighted to announce that Sugar Ray Leonard will be joining us on Saturday at Sportsmania! :unsure:

Leonard was the first boxer to earn more than $100 million in purses, and he is widely considered to be one of the best boxers of all time, winning world titles in five weight divisions and defeating future fellow International Boxing Hall of Fame inductees Wilfred Benítez, Thomas Hearns, Roberto Durán and Marvin Hagler.

Leonard was named "Boxer of the Decade" for the 1980s.

This is a great and rare opportunity to meet one of the most famous and well respected boxers to have ever graced the sport.

He will be signing autographs and also taking part in a professional photo shoot which are on sale now via our online store >>HERE<<

sugar-ray-leonard-boxing-champion-celebrity-athlete-goes-green-photo_credit-threadless.jpg

929000-sugarrayleonard_large.jpg

sugar-ray-leonard.jpg

Wow, very impressive, I look forward to meeting him. Would be awesome if you could pull of Marvin Hagler to go with him, imagine that for a photoshoot..

Please say there's going to be a few more boxers announced in the coming weeks? Eubank, Bruno or Hatton would be brilliant.

Many thanks for the great guest.

Edited by iiii

• 2 weeks later...

Wow what a guest! Does anyone know how much his autograph would be on a pair of gloves? (One autograph on each glove)

Can we expect more big name boxers to attend??

Also any ex Man United Players would be brilliant!!

Cheers Lads

Hi,

I have a quick question for SM, I have paid for a photoshoot with Sugar Ray Leonard, I was wondering how long he will be singing for and if the photoshoot photos will be ready in time for Leonard to sign them?

Also, will there be any photos of him to sign like the gloves at the event?

Please get back to me SM.

Best wishes

• 3 weeks later...
I've just heard Sugar Ray has cancelled a few boxing dinners scheduled for July in Liverpool and Peterborough. Hope it doesn't effect his appearance at Sportsmania! Any news SM??
As with any guest cancellation, SM will only post an announcement if/when it happens.

In the absence of that I would assume that Sugar Ray is still attending Sportsmania. Like you say hopefully only a few things in his calendar have changed, and not this one.

Edited by 1of2

Fingers crossed he's still coming. A few of my boxing buddies have told me he's no longer coming to the UK at all! :( Really hope I'm wrong

It's not looking good due to him cancelling other things in his diary.

For all of us who are making a long journey to see the great man and who have also paid for a photoshoot with him should really be getting as confirmation of if he's still coming or not, the organisers will know one way or another if he's already cancelled two of his tour dates...his mamagers will have let Sm know too..surely...

Will be a nig blow to the event if the main attraction isn;t going to be there that's for sure.

I know a similar thing happened with another event when Hector Camacho cancelled and was left with hardly any boxers...

Edit: Sorry, but I have made a minor edit to your post as other events are not allowed to be mentioned on this forum.

Edited by 1of2

Yeah guys he's not coming to the UK at all. The company bringing him

over here have let their customers know he's cancelled on them

a second time without giving a reason. Massive shame SM.

Funny how moderators are very quick to tell you not to mention another event but concerning a big guest cancellation that I knew of 2 days ago there's not one word of communication from their part. I think I'll get arrested for this post ;)

The moderators have replied with the information that we are aware of. We don't have any knowledge of guest contracts/announcements/cancellations. We see them when they are announced just like you.

Only SM can provide that information. As with any guest related announcement they will post it when they are informed by the guest/agent/etc.

Edit: No, you won't be arrested :D

Edited by 1of2

• Showmasters Admin

There have been a few derogatory remarks on here regarding Sugar Ray Leonard and the fact that he is no longer able to attend Sportsmania since he is not now making his trip to England.

First, I want to make it clear that I am not having a go at anyone here. I just want to say that none of us know the full story behind why he is unable to make it and I prefer to think the better of people rather than just assume the worse.

I definitely hope that we will be able to work with Sugar Ray in the future. He is a legend of the sport and while I understand that some people are disappointed he can no longer make the show I would ask that we all please still show some respect here on the forum.

Whatever his reasons for not being able to make it, we wish him the best and hope to see him in the future.

Thanks for listening and understanding!

Mark :D

There have been a few derogatory remarks on here regarding Sugar Ray Leonard and the fact that he is no longer able to attend Sportsmania since he is not now making his trip to England.

First, I want to make it clear that I am not having a go at anyone here. I just want to say that none of us know the full story behind why he is unable to make it and I prefer to think the better of people rather than just assume the worse.

I definitely hope that we will be able to work with Sugar Ray in the future. He is a legend of the sport and while I understand that some people are disappointed he can no longer make the show I would ask that we all please still show some respect here on the forum.

Whatever his reasons for not being able to make it, we wish him the best and hope to see him in the future.

Thanks for listening and understanding!

Mark :D

To Mark (Massive Events)

I would like to say thank you for confirming 100% that Sugar Ray is now unable to attend, it certainly is a shame and I for one hope to get the chance to meet the Legend in the future.

This just leaves me with two main questions which would be great if you could answer:

The first, do you have any plans to replace in my opinion the only real reason for attending? If there is not going to be another big US World Champion Boxer coming I won't be attending and I feel that many others wont either.

Secondly, what will happen the the £60 which I paid to have two photos taken at the photoshoot with him??

I look forward to your reply Mark.

Best wishes

Secondly, what will happen the the £60 which I paid to have two photos taken at the photoshoot with him??
Taken from the cancellation thread.

Anyone who has bought photo shoot tickets will have them automatically changed over to photo shoot tickets with out latest guest, WBC Super Middleweight Champion of the world, Carl Froch. However, should you prefer a full refund then please send us an e-mail to info@collectormania.com with the subject as ' SUGAR RAY REFUND' and we will action that for you straight away.

Thanks

Mark

Thanks for the extra info. I think Marvin Hagler would be a good replacement, keeping in mind you have Alan Minter going whom he defeated for the World title and also keeping in mind he had that legendary clash with Leonard..

Here's me hoping :-)