Dont want to go :(

debsmadcat111

I went to Hubs 1-4 and loved each and every one of them, wasnt able to make it to Hub 5. Was really excited about Hub 6 but I literally have NO ONE to go with!

Hubs 1-4 I had loads of people there that I waas friends with and had an amazing time. Literally this time theres no one. Theres a few 'friends of friends of friends' going but no one I know well enough to spend the whole weekend with. Hubs arent just about meeting the guests for me, they're about spending time with friends, having fun at the parties etc. At this rate Im literally gonna go from my room, to my photos/autos, then back to my room straight after.

I wish there was a way of getting a refund :help:

• Moderators

I don't know about anyone else but I've made new friends at every Hub I've been to so far (including with people I've seen at previous Hubs but had just never spoken to). And I've been to cons where I didn't even have 'friends of friends of friends' and I've always been 'adopted' by groups of friendly people and had a great time...

I used to go to the hub with a friend but we fell out after the hub 3 and haven't spoken since. She doesn't go to them, but I go on my own, and knew literally no-one either, but I've always sort of made friends with people :) it's good because around the day you can see them and have a chat, ect. I must admit the parties aren't as great as having your GOOD friends there, but your not completely on your own :)

Edited by torchwoodangel93

I went to The Hub 5 knowing absolutely no one before hand. I made a few friends on the forum, then went along and had the best time ever. Trust me, if you love the show as much as anybody else then you should be able to make friends.

The main reason for going to The Hub 6 was because I met some fantastic people there last time, so I basically spent money on a ticket to something that I didn't know who the guests would be at the time and purely from meeting people for 1 day...

I am sure you can make some new friends, I am always making new friends, but they'll always be just a few of us, cause that the way we like it.

I guess, you shouldve found out if your friends you hang around with were going before booking the ticket, I know I would.

No one should feel alone.

If you dont meet others feel free to find me and my Girlfriend at the parties.

-Friday Night I shall be Dressed as a Weevil.

I'm the girlfriend :) Dk what I'll be wearing but I'll be the girl holding hands with a weevil. I'd love to dance with anyone that wants to dance ;) Or hang out with anyone that wants to hang out

@torchwood angel - Seriously come feel free to dance with me :P

I am sure you can make some new friends, I am always making new friends, but they'll always be just a few of us, cause that the way we like it.

I guess, you shouldve found out if your friends you hang around with were going before booking the ticket, I know I would.

Er, I did Hayz. One friend was going but now cant go, and another said she would be coming but hadnt bought ticket, and now she cant :wub:

Im not very good at approaching people when Im on my own :D

Well like I said, Feel free to come over to me,

I would come to you but I wont know what you look like, where as I know I'll be a Weevil hehe.

The offer is there from myself and my partner if you wish.

(My partners sister will be there too so dont worry about being stuck with a couple all weekend ::Wink)

just walk up to a table and say hi and you'll be drawn into some sort of madness,

i'd say just ask Sam or Clare but i don't know their id's on here.

think my FB's in my sig, but if you see me come over and chat,

we may be mad, but we're the nice kind of mad

I usually go alone to these things, i understand where you're coming from, Ive made some friends at these cons also, good ppl, but I still sometimes feel, whats the word, isolated, alone, alot of ppl go with groups, partners, family so I dont usually go to the parties or anything as im also very shy and find it hard to approach ppl. which alot of ppl dont understand, but for some ppl its hard such things, so I can fully understand, but that shouldnt stop you from attending, surely the guests are the main aim of attending, the rest is bonus.

you have asked and there are a few ppl already offering you, so chat on facebook perhaps first then you can hang out with them once there.

You are more than welcome to hang out with me and the rest of the Whomping Corset of Gillespians! We are friendly and silly and welcoming and awesome!

Just look for the corsets, the hats etc. I'll be wearing latex accessories to most of the evening ents, but I've got short red layered hair, and will be in patent platform New Rocks, and an assortment of amusingly sloganned t-shirts!

I usually go alone to these things, i understand where you're coming from, Ive made some friends at these cons also, good ppl, but I still sometimes feel, whats the word, isolated, alone, alot of ppl go with groups, partners, family so I dont usually go to the parties or anything as im also very shy and find it hard to approach ppl. which alot of ppl dont understand, but for some ppl its hard such things, so I can fully understand, but that shouldnt stop you from attending, surely the guests are the main aim of attending, the rest is bonus.

I can very often be the same way. I've been to Showmasters events with friends a couple of times, probably no more than 3 times, maybe 4, the rest of the time, I'm on my own, and I feel quite alone. I see other people walking around with friends, partners, family.. and think to myself, "I wonder if they'd mind if I said hello", but something always stops me. Once I'm brave enough to approach someone, I can start a conversation with a stranger, the old "Hi how are you" sort of thing, but find it quite hard to keep the conversation going.

I never feel that way with a guest. I'm guessing it's because we all feel we know them quite well through their work. :blush:

Look for the birthday girl on the Friday (me!) and come say hi! You're more than welcome to come join our group too.

See, loads of people who want you to come. I know it's daunting coming alone, but..........

I used to go to every one with my best friend, and it's only since he stopped going with me that I've actually made loads of friends and some of them are the loveliest people I've ever known.

Look for the birthday girl on the Friday (me!) and come say hi!
I totally forgot it was your b'day at The Hub :(

the milk tray man delivers, dont worry angie :P

Ah yeah, but Bristol to Northampton just for a box of chocs isn't really worth it.................. is it??? ;)

the milk tray man delivers, dont worry angie ;)
Ah yeah, but Bristol to Northampton just for a box of chocs isn't really worth it.................. is it??? :lol:
My reply would be too inappropriate even for the Hub section :thumbup:

Ah yeah, but Bristol to Northampton just for a box of chocs isn't really worth it.................. is it??? :lol:

I was thinking along similar lines and didnt post lol, although probably not as rude as you were thinking, mine was sweet ;)

I was thinking along similar lines and didnt post lol, although probably not as rude as you were thinking, mine was sweet ;)

I can't think of anything rude, is there something wrong with me?