Highs and lows

dwarfbabe

Malcolm, how the hell you got through all them photo's, fastest trigger in the west!! :thumbup:
Agreed. I witnessed him leaving his domain after the RDA shoot on Sunday. It looked like he was waving his hand up and down to cool it :D

haha yer, the scary movie hand that was, lol.

he is the fastest alive, he would of buried them in the quick and the dead

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing RDA say my name is a big one! He went 'neeeee-co-laaahh' when reading my post-it. I giggled unashamedly.

One low was witnessing a fan getting stroppy in the photoshoot queue that RDA wouldn't take his hat off. Poor behaviour. Also arriving late to the Dan/Gary talk (due to checking raffle results - couldn't these be announced prior to talks beginning in future?) I accidentally stepped in front of someone taking a shot & she got rather narky =\

One paticular group being very unconsiderate all weekend. It was small things and nothing to do with SM. Don't mind 1 or 2 people joining there there frined in a line in front of me but a entire group? Also when ever RDA was not on stage they would talk and get up and move around to talk to there friends.

Good lord yes. I got so annoyed during the Sea Shepherd talk as they had surrounded me & continued to talk through the whole thing. I even got a few kicked out of queues during the weekend. Felt a bit mean 'telling on them' but it was getting ridiculous!

Highs for me was pretty much all of it - catching up with friends, meeting RDA, and crewing the event.

And surprise muffins, surely :thumbup:

Edited by QueenMab

Hilton staff at the bar rude when it came to asking for ice for my knee that had been killing all night.

I've actually filled out a comment card about that, happened to me as well. My ankle went over again Sunday morning (I like the room layout a lot too, but my ankle didn't seem to agree with that :D)) and getting ice to get the swelling down was quite some problem.

Exactly! It really was, they just stared at me like I had something on my face :thumbup: So I went "Yeah, I need some ice for my knee, please, it's really sore please!" I got it eventually.

Highs

The guest line was just great!

I loved Fulvio's humour (I should have gone to his guest encounter on Sunday, and I would have if I had seen the almost empty sheet! Well, I'll pay more attention next time :/)

Dan proved himslef to be quite a laugh as the weekend went on! He's so funny ahah

Teryl was a sweetheart! She was very polite and huggy, and seemed to be genuinely glad to be there.

And last bu not least, Rick was amazing!!! I hope he comes to another con soon, cause he really seemed to be enjoying himself there! He truly is what made the con for me! Just the first shoot I had with him made the whole weekend so worth it!

I love his sense of humour, and the way he behaves towards his fans: a true gentleman! And he took time for everyone and apologized for the delays, which was very nice of him too. GET HIM BACK SOON, okay? :)

Sea Shepherd's talk was really interesting. Cpt Paul Watson knows how to draw people's attention!

Both my questions got asked during the talks (and to Rick!!), I was so happy about it! Couldn't believe my ears!! Can't thank enough the crew member who picked up them out of the box :)

The new badge system worked great I think. No more swapping and such! You should keep on with it :)

The photoshoots are great as usual. Malcolm once again did his best, and I think everyone was more than happy with their pics! They turned out perfect!!

The two guys who took care of the sound and microphones during the talks did a great job! I talked to them a bit in the lounge on Sunday evening and they were very nice too! You should get them back for the next events!

The crew did a great job, as usual! Very helpful and nice towards everyone!

Lows

Was a bit disappointed by Gary's behaviour during the photoshoots. He was hardly polite and seemed to be bored. But I guess he was not at ease and did not appreciate the whole photo process, cause he was great during the talks and signing sessions.

The Badge Hunting thingy was a great idea, but was not completely implemented: I should have got 5 out of the 7 badges, but only got three throughtout the weekend...

The lines were a bit disorganized on Saturday morning, but everything got better in the course of the morning, as well as on Sunday.

When compared to ET4, I think there were less crew members looking after the main hall when it was filled up, and some attendees thus kept seats for other people, which was a bit annoying at times.

There should really be a DVD of the con. I know one had been made after ET1, and didn't sell so well, but why don't you organize a pre-ordering during the con itself? And the DVD would get sent through the post afterwards? I'm sure a lot of people would buy it when they're still at the event, and in the mood of it!

All in all, the best event I attended so far! Mainly thanks to Rick's presence I have to admit, but the con itself was also very well organized!

Okay, let's end on an anecdote now :)

I got my first photoshoot with Rick on Saturday afternoon. I was so nervous about the whole process! But it finally went great! When I first approached him, I asked him if I could hug him, to which he answered "Of course you can, hun!" and he squeezed me so tight!! I was like in heaven :) Malcolm took the pic and said it was fine, but Rick himself asked for a second picture (OMG!), so Malcolm took it, and before I left, Rick kissed me on my forehead. I know, I'm being so childish here, but I was completely over the moon!! The issue is that I never got the extra shoot at the photo distribution, so I wondered what could have happened to it. I asked Malcolm later on about it, and he said Rick might have taken it or something, as he'd asked for it to be taken. I'll send an email at the office soon to ask if I can get a copy of it, cause I really want to see it!! Ahah [/end of anecdote LOL]

Making DVD's of events can be a bit tricky as they have to get permission of all the guests as some of them may not want what was said at the convention to be publicly aired.If that person was then invloved in nearly all the group guest talks that would make for a short DVD .This has happened in past with other events a particular guest didn't want any or their talks to be on the DVD which removed 75% of the footage as they were always on with another guest .

I also had 2 rick shots (retake) on the sunday, but only got 1, however I cant complain because I did get my other retakes. malcolm is awesome, thank you so much, keep it going. thank you malcolm and showmasters.

yes I also would love dvds of the events, id buy all the ones i attended. hopefully in the future they can be relesed?

I also had 2 rick shots (retake) on the sunday, but only got 1, however I cant complain because I did get my other retakes. malcolm is awesome, thank you so much, keep it going. thank you malcolm and showmasters.

I asked about retakes on Sunday, as I was curious how it worked. Malcolm will do a retake if he thinks an attendee/guest blinked. If it turns out they didn't, and the first photo was fine, you'll usually get both shots (as the techie printing them cannot tell which is 1st and which is 2nd). If someone did in fact blink, you'll only get the "good" one. Not quite the same as Dellefyne, where it appears her first photo was fine & Rick simply wanted to do another!

Malcolm is boss.

Edited by QueenMab

Highs for me:

Definitely meeting everyone and specially the Man and getting a kiss on the head with him.

Getting into Teryl's guest encounter with friends - hilarious! Love her!

Saying bye to Teryl on monday wearing my PJ's and an oversized hoodie.

Lows:

Going home :wub:(((((

Saying bye to everyone :D

Lows would be my hotel bed - its probably the worst I've ever encountered! :wub:
People have different preferences when it comes to beds and mattresses. I prefer mine hard as I can get in and literally fall asleep straight away. The softer the matress, the longer I stay awake.

I was the same as you, it was too soft as was the pillows so barely had any sleep, that and the airport noises :D

Mine was way too hard!!!!

Highs - meeting RDA and lots of lovely friends again. :clap:

Lows - Sorry, but Fulvio's rather repeated jokes about that rape scene. :WINCE:

Highs

Getting photos and autographs.

Lows

Costa Cappacino cost £4.60 for a medium cup.

Car park was only at reduced rate for people staying at the hotel (not for people who travels total of 4 hours a day to be there for both days)

From my perspective I wish photos and signings could be all done in one day as would have saved me money.

Was really only there for RDA as I had the others before so it ment being very bored on Sunday.

A few suggestions for improvements

The talk rooms were empty for photo shoot, why not get people seated then no problems about hallways being full? (I'm assuming the room was highered for the whole event)

There was also alot of space in dealers rooms, maybe could have been a social area or entertainment, like just showing random films or series while you wait. Does matter what just background entertainment.

Either that or have the not main cast run talks with photo sessions so can be entertained while waiting.

Also one thing I thought was weird was why have the photos ready from Saturday on the Sunday why not keep them seperate so it would bring down the wait time.

Edited by Collector1985

Highs

All the guests generally and the guest talks - very funny

Meeting RDA - and finding out that he is as friendly, funny, polite and sweet as I had hoped - brilliant.

Love all my official photos, particularly the one with RDA!

Lows

Having to miss the last talk on Sunday to get my train home

The heat in some of the corridors when queueing.

Either that or have the not main cast run talks with photo sessions so can be entertained while waiting.

Also one thing I thought was weird was why have the photos ready from Saturday on the Sunday why not keep them seperate so it would bring down the wait time.

The problem with running talks at the same time as photo shoots is that people a lot of would miss out on the talks. This actually happened at Chevron 7.1 and so many people did not like it that way the format was changed to what it is currently.

I am not sure what you mean about the Saturday photos. They were ready for collection on the Saturday and plenty of people di collect them, myself included. There may have been some leftover that people did not collect until the Sunday.

Lows

Having to miss the last talk on Sunday to get my train home

The heat in some of the corridors when queueing.

Agreed! Especially on the Saturday. I thought it was a bit cooler on the Sunday but still too warm for me though.

Highs

Meeting and finding out what an awesome guy RDA is! Also the fact RDA was personalising with little hearts and all was really lovely!

Hanging out with my friends and letting my hair down.

Photoshoots apart from being refered to as a Sir *smirks* I'll let Malcolm off because it was a gorgeous RDA hug picture!

Lows

Over too soon!

The ocassional selfish attendee losing it over RDA's hat... I mean seriously its a hat. Its his head he can wear what he wants. Plus I thought it looked cute!

Almost forgot the full blown post con lurgy I got on the train home... Who was the culprit??

Edited by Muffin

Highs

Meeting RDA :wub: and the other guests :D

Dealers Room had some great stuff

Talks with the guests - especially the last talk with all of them :D

Some of the Massive Events Crew were helpful

Very impressed with the Jaffa Costumes at the Friday night party. Thought they were awesome! :D

Amazed that RDA's chair went for £1,200 - couldn't believe that. I didn't think they were ever gonna stop bidding! Fair play to the guy who bought it though.

Excited about the guests for Cheveron 7.7

Really liked the Stargate costume exhibition that was there. It was great to see up close, items that have been used in the show and worn by the stars.

Bought some great stuff but... (see below)

Lows

Spent far too much money

Hilton Car Parking Charges - thought they were horrendous!!!! :blush:

Car Parking Charges were not mentioned on the Massive Events Website. I think they should have made everyone aware of this, because it would have helped when making travel arrangements.

Some of the Massive Events Crew we found rude and unhelpful

Drinks and Food at the Hilton Very Expensive

Submitted a question for RDA but it never got asked.

Also I am glad Cheveron 7.7 is at Northampton - no parking charges there!!!

:WAVE:

The ocassional selfish attendee losing it over RDA's hat... I mean seriously its a hat. Its his head he can wear what he wants. Plus I thought it looked cute!

Why? What happened? I didn't witness anything anything about that, but would have felt ashamed for us fans if I had!

Highs

Seeing all my friends and making lots of new ones!

Meeting all the guests of course

That RDA struck up a conversation with me at his auto more than just 'hi, how are you?'.

The staff doing such an amazing job in the chaos of it all and being so cheery

Lows

Mine are more to do with the hotel...and some attendees, nothing to do with the crew who were fab!

I agree with others comments about the hard corners of the beds. Got several bruises up my legs!

The foot ache!

Prices at the Hilton

The heat! although the aircon was on for sunday :)

The people who kept standing up, talking and getting in the way of others during the talks. There were several people who stood up in the gold section which meant no one behind could see, let alone take photo's. I managed to get an isle seat on sunday and still people sitting in isle seats stood up.

Also there was a large amount of gold seats empty at either side where nobody sat all weekend.

Apart from that it was amazing! Last time I stayed at the Hilton the staff were rather rude but this time they were lovely. Also witness two non stargate attendees there for business conferences 'getting groovy' literally, in the lobby. Thankfully the staff told them to move on or they'd call the police so thumbs up for the hotel staff for that :)

Was slightly annoyed at some of the other people staying at the hotel looking down on us though. I had several snarky comments like 'your not with them....are you?'

The issue is that I never got the extra shoot at the photo distribution, so I wondered what could have happened to it. I asked Malcolm later on about it, and he said Rick might have taken it or something, as he'd asked for it to be taken.

I had two taken in my photo shoot too and only got one printed, but I very much doubt RDA would have wanted to take home a photo of me as a souvenir lol.

The issue is that I never got the extra shoot at the photo distribution, so I wondered what could have happened to it. I asked Malcolm later on about it, and he said Rick might have taken it or something, as he'd asked for it to be taken.

I had two taken in my photo shoot too and only got one printed, but I very much doubt RDA would have wanted to take home a photo of me as a souvenir lol.

Well, I don't think he's done that either, but that's what Malcolm suggested anyway. Personally, I'd rather think that the first shoot was fine (the one I got), and the second was not (the one Rick asked for). But well, I want to be sure of it :P

Why? What happened? I didn't witness anything anything about that, but would have felt ashamed for us fans if I had!

#

yer thats shamefull, hope he wasnt too offended.

I thought RDA would rock a hat at some point which was another reason I went for an additional shoot on top of my silver as I wanted a non hat one and thought there would be a good chance he qwould do one day with and one without, the hat one is cool, I like it but I prefer the non hat. though tbh I would of bought 2 shoots anyway lol hat or no hat. lol

I was working the photoshoots on Sunday (aka Hat Day) and was the one feeding everyone through the shoot so I had a 'great' view of the minidrama. I apologise for it being so rushed, by the way. We had nearly 500 photos to do in just over an hour (including 120 left from the day before!) and because everyone was being great about it we only ran over by 10 minutes! So yeah, thanks for that :D

Anyway, a couple of people asked him to take his hat off, but he didn't want to. There was one specific rude woman who had a Silver/Gold shoot and had bought an extra one. She asked him to remove his hat but RDA said he didn't want to and the first photo was taken as normal. THEN she asked him a second, third and fourth time to remove the hat before the second photo was taken - he said no, security said no then in unison RDA, security, Malcolm and the crew all said "no" and she finally faced the camera for her second photo. I understand that she had a bit of a moan outside in the corridor too ;)

It's all about respecting the guest's wishes and she wasn't doing that. Yes, it's a photo that she paid for and perhaps it's a shame that he wore a hat when she didn't want him to BUT you wouldn't ask a guest to change their shirt if it clashed with yours, or to change their hairstyle because you didn't like it, so you shouldn't be asking them to remove a hat either.

There were a few others who asked about the hat and a couple of those tried to push it, but she was the worst because her behaviour resulted in upset for guests, crew and other attendees :P

I was working the photoshoots on Sunday (aka Hat Day) and was the one feeding everyone through the shoot so I had a 'great' view of the minidrama. I apologise for it being so rushed, by the way. We had nearly 500 photos to do in just over an hour (including 120 left from the day before!) and because everyone was being great about it we only ran over by 10 minutes! So yeah, thanks for that :D

Anyway, a couple of people asked him to take his hat off, but he didn't want to. There was one specific rude woman who had a Silver/Gold shoot and had bought an extra one. She asked him to remove his hat but RDA said he didn't want to and the first photo was taken as normal. THEN she asked him a second, third and fourth time to remove the hat before the second photo was taken - he said no, security said no then in unison RDA, security, Malcolm and the crew all said "no" and she finally faced the camera for her second photo. I understand that she had a bit of a moan outside in the corridor too ;)

It's all about respecting the guest's wishes and she wasn't doing that. Yes, it's a photo that she paid for and perhaps it's a shame that he wore a hat when she didn't want him to BUT you wouldn't ask a guest to change their shirt if it clashed with yours, or to change their hairstyle because you didn't like it, so you shouldn't be asking them to remove a hat either.

There were a few others who asked about the hat and a couple of those tried to push it, but she was the worst because her behaviour resulted in upset for guests, crew and other attendees :P

Eh, hate people like that, to be honest I liked the hat :)

Anyway, a couple of people asked him to take his hat off, but he didn't want to. There was one specific rude woman who had a Silver/Gold shoot and had bought an extra one. She asked him to remove his hat but RDA said he didn't want to and the first photo was taken as normal. THEN she asked him a second, third and fourth time to remove the hat before the second photo was taken - he said no, security said no then in unison RDA, security, Malcolm and the crew all said "no" and she finally faced the camera for her second photo. I understand that she had a bit of a moan outside in the corridor too :WINCE:

There were a few others who asked about the hat and a couple of those tried to push it, but she was the worst because her behaviour resulted in upset for guests, crew and other attendees :chair:

:P;):D

I guess I wasn't far away when it happened cause I also had an extra shoot on Sunday, but I didn't hear about it though... What a disrespectful woman! She should be banned from such events. No one has the right to even get close to offend Rick!

(that may be my 'I'm in love with him' aspect speaking for me, but I don't care! lol)

Anyway, a couple of people asked him to take his hat off, but he didn't want to. There was one specific rude woman who had a Silver/Gold shoot and had bought an extra one. She asked him to remove his hat but RDA said he didn't want to and the first photo was taken as normal. THEN she asked him a second, third and fourth time to remove the hat before the second photo was taken - he said no, security said no then in unison RDA, security, Malcolm and the crew all said "no" and she finally faced the camera for her second photo. I understand that she had a bit of a moan outside in the corridor too :P

I was a few people behind her (the blonde you later told was "held" ;)) and she really was awful. It was such an uncomfortable atmosphere. The fact is that by pissing off Rick her photo would have come out much worse than just the fact that his damn hair was covered! I was so pleased when Malcolm basically told her he was taking the second shot whether she was facing the camera or not!