Highs and lows

dwarfbabe

For me, the whole event was a high but the best bits were meeting RDA (obviously) and Fulvio's guest encounter on Sunday. :D

Only one low and that was having to go home and back to reality when it was all over. ;)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High - the last talk - it was hilarious! ;)

Low - a woman trying to a convention dance for the first time next to me and not doing it very well, then trying to do the harder version, loosing her balance and putting her full weight on my toe with her high heeled boot. At which time I screamed, she was like oh...sorry and carried on. That was Sunday night ruined. I then had to get on 3 trains home my toes tapped together as it looks like it might be broken. :D

Highs-

Of course, the hug with the Man! Squishy! :D

BEN BROWDER announcement! WHOO! :D

Saturday talks :clap:

Lows-

The fact that I kept being told to come back later/tomorrow for shoots and autos, couldn't be helped though.

Hurting feet :lol:

Hilton staff at the bar rude when it came to asking for ice for my knee that had been killing all night.

Lows would be my hotel bed - its probably the worst I've ever encountered! :D
People have different preferences when it comes to beds and mattresses. I prefer mine hard as I can get in and literally fall asleep straight away. The softer the matress, the longer I stay awake.

People have different preferences when it comes to beds and mattresses. I prefer mine hard as I can get in and literally fall asleep straight away. The softer the matress, the longer I stay awake.

I was the same as you, it was too soft as was the pillows so barely had any sleep, that and the airport noises :clap:

It wasn't so much the hardness/softness of the mattress, as the fact that it was on a bit of a slant, so I had to wedge myself onto it with pillows otherwise I constantly rolled to the left!

Lows would be my hotel bed - its probably the worst I've ever encountered! :angry:
I was the same as you, it was too soft as was the pillows so barely had any sleep, that and the airport noises :chair:
No, mine was hard not soft. Thankfully I slept like a log, which is such a weird saying :D

Forgot to list my highs and lows.

:dance:

Everything RDA related (of course)

Multiple hugs from somebody :clap: (Actually I received a lot of hugs from a lot of people. I didn't realise I knew that many people. In fact in one instance I didn't, and he was male :D )

Dan Shea

:chair:

It ended too soon - even though the last panel was the longest I have seen

It ended too soon - should have been a 4 day event

It ended

Three trips from reception to my room before eventually getting a card that unlocked the door. yes carrying all luggage each time :WINCE:

I miss the hugs :lol:

Low was the bed for me because of the sharp wooden corners i have bruises on my legs from them

Highs are many but my last high was walking to the train station chatting with Fulvio about the con & the con dances. He wants to do more cons if he is wanted by us

fantastic weekend, thank you so much

im just gonna copy and paste mine from the thanks thread, davidB will love that ;-) lol

Highlights for me.

the guests were all good, on form, friendly

the stunning and quite naughty teryl and having her snuggle up to me in the sunday shoot saying she could hear my heart beating.

RDA, what a guy, never thought id ever meet him, thank you so much for getting him over, very funny, also very interesting when actaully pressed in parts of the talks.

Dan and gary together were so funny.

1of2 saying to me in a coversation about zoning out or not hearing something "I, I cant hear london" lol. I did an oneill "what?" lol

although saying that I misheard a few ppl over the weekend and said something different in reply to them. sorry if I did that to anyone. pretty sure I did with Yivie, 1of2, kevin.

I liked the lay out of the hilton rooms, spaced out with photos, talks one end and signing room, dealers the other, really split up the crowds, really liked it.

the crew were great, the queueing all well thought out.

RDA constantly pulling paul up on his dislike of walking more than a metre to get questions lol, was fun, If I remember Kai at the last hub and lexa at the last chev did similar lol

low lights lol,

the hilton prices, my god, 12 quid for a club sandwich, 2.90 for a small bottle of water. my my. queues meant i had to go for this instead of the cheap con option. evening i went to subway ;-)

air con on the ground, sat was far to warm, RDA was effected by this. as was I being big. dont know if anyone else agrees.

this is more of a personal thing, the last group talk, not sure I like the same questions like party trick or reincarnation always being used and the main part of the final talk as aside the hub where it seems to work well lol these questions usually dont go anywhere and the talk just ends up as a bit of a ramble, this was especially apparent yesterday. even though the guests were funny and the talk lasted longer. id much rather more questions from an interviewer and from the ones sent in from us. but thats just me personally. or more mixed, like the normal last talk questions but with some more thought out questions also. a mix is good.

thanks to jason, mark, stuart and all the crew for a great event (convention lol) amanda tapping next please ;-)

Highs, Meeting all the geusts they were all fantastic. The talks were great and was happy that I got all my photo shoots and autos pretty fast. Crew were good at telling you what was happening. Spending time with one of my friends, we only see each other at these sort of events. RDA photoshoot, he had to stop to put his belt on and even though only lasted secs he was great. Dealers room, I got the chevron print and a amazing True Blood print:) The guy who ran the stuff at the party was so nice, I really hope he posts those pics:)

Low, only small things. One paticular group being very unconsiderate all weekend. It was small things and nothing to do with SM. Don't mind 1 or 2 people joining there there frined in a line in front of me but a entire group? Also when ever RDA was not on stage they would talk and get up and move around to talk to there friends.

As much as I like Doctor Who and Star Trek song I didn't want to hear both 3 times in under 2 hours lol I get not every one is going to be at party at same time but still. What we ended up calling the meercats, people that stood up to take photots or even holding there cameras above there heads blocking peoples views. And like every body else it ended:(

The low stuff really was more other people than anything SM did. I met some great people just randomly talking in lines but there was those that didn't care that they got in your way as long as they got what they wanted, Ive never really had that at Hub.

1of2 saying to me in a coversation about zoning out or not hearing something "I, I cant hear london" lol. I did an oneill "what?" lol

although saying that I misheard a few ppl over the weekend and said something different in reply to them. sorry if I did that to anyone. pretty sure I did with Yivie, 1of2, kevin.

Correct because that is not what I said. It was even sillier :D

Correct because that is not what I said. It was even sillier :D

where is my tape reccorder lol. did I not mention i tape all our conversations? lol ;-)

Edited by timelord81r

My highs was the guests the parties and meeting everyone else...I talked to a lotta people.

Low well theres just the one, on saturday I had only 3 things to do so a LOT of time to kill and as i wasnt staying at the hilton was boring Sunday I had 8 things, so was rather hectic.

Highs for me

Meeting / hugging the Man, and having him tell the story about .......what?..... on my autograph. And YES I did know!

The general all round awesomeness of all guest's and the talks, well I though I was going to pass out on Sunday *Patrick Stewart* OMG I was crying. Just general all round fantastic weekend.

The Hilton first aider on Sat night after the Stargate had decided to slice my knee, just goes to show Stargate travel can be hazardous to your health!! :dance:

Getting in the lift on Friday night and in walks RDA with his 2 security guy's, wished us a good night as we got off before them. :dance:

Malcolm, how the hell you got through all them photo's, fastest trigger in the west!! :thumbup:

Lows for me

Prices at Hilton FFS how much!

Some git at breakfast on Saturday having a go at the restaurant staff claiming he should not have to queue with us lot! :thumbup:

Way to much smoke being used on the dance floor, was not good for people with asthma!

Getting free glasses of water on the Friday night and then being told you have to pay a quid a bottle on Saturday and Sunday! But if you went to main bar they gave you a glass for free and with a smile!

That's my ten pence worth.

But would like to thank all friends new and old, for making the con awesome!! :thumbup:

Hilton staff at the bar rude when it came to asking for ice for my knee that had been killing all night.

I've actually filled out a comment card about that, happened to me as well. My ankle went over again Sunday morning (I like the room layout a lot too, but my ankle didn't seem to agree with that :thumbup:)) and getting ice to get the swelling down was quite some problem.

High -

Getting a photo with RDA and buying another pic just for another cuddle *totally worth it*.

Getting my RDA Autograph

RDA double looking and grinning very bigley *did i just make a new word?* at me twice over the weekend and trying to strike up a convo.

Low -

Some back issues mostly but the biggest thing was not being able to even quickly mention to RDA, that i've helped support the Sea Sheppards for 6+ years buy having them not only at events i used to manage but also buying them plenty of beer at our local Boozer :thumbup: just would have been nice to mention it to him.

Malcolm, how the hell you got through all them photo's, fastest trigger in the west!! :thumbup:
Agreed. I witnessed him leaving his domain after the RDA shoot on Sunday. It looked like he was waving his hand up and down to cool it :thumbup: