Sea Shepherd

mshute

Didn't actually know anything about them before this weekend, but;

First thing I did when I got home was tell my mum I want to be a Pirate!

Second thing was to tell her all about the talk by Captain Paul Watson.

Third thing was to find and set to record Whale Wars (Discovery Channel, Friday nights at 9pm or repeated Sunday at 11pm).

Really enjoyed the talk and already filled in my donation at the show for regular monthly payments.

I'd not heard much about Sea Shepherd and it was good to get a bit of information direct. I'm not one to blindly believe the hype though (even with the backing of MacGyver, Bond, Batman and Kirk!), given my background in Marine Biology, so I don't trust everything Captail Paul Watson stated (especially considering his previous admission that he often makes up statistics for shock value) but I can't deny I respect their drive and aims.

Edited by QueenMab

I was also impressed with there talk, Id love to be a volunteer on one of there ships if that ever became feasable.

although at times it was a little bit too pro sea shepherd and con everything else in the world lol, but yer I think its great what they do, screw the polotics and red tape, lets stop it, wish more things could be sorted out like that. good job sea shepherd. well done, keep it up.

although your introduction video needs some work lol

I'd not heard much about Sea Shepherd and it was good to get a bit of information direct. I'm not one to blindly believe the hype though (even with the backing of MacGyver, Bond, Batman and Kirk!), especially given my background in Marine Biology, so I don't trust everything Captail Paul Watson stated (especially given his previous admission that he often makes up statistics for shock value) but I can't deny I respect their drive and aims.

good point

Edited by timelord81r

For all those that came in for the photo shoot with Sea Shepherd we raised £185 for them in 10 mins. :thumbup:

If you want a high res copy of the picture you can email me at

burrows_w1969@msn.com

And I'll send you it asap!!

For all those that came in for the photo shoot with Sea Shepherd we raised £185 for them in 10 mins. :thumbup:

burrows_w1969@msn.com

There was a photo shoot? I am intrigued....

For all those that came in for the photo shoot with Sea Shepherd we raised £185 for them in 10 mins. :help:

burrows_w1969@msn.com

There was a photo shoot? I am intrigued....

It was a spur of the moment thing! We asked Paul if he would be ok with it and then decided to charge at least a fiver to be in it! He put it up on his Facebook page within a few hours! Don't know if he's going to put it up on the Sea Shepherd website though!

And thanks to Giles for taking picture and letting me have a copy!

Edited by wabit