New process for marking off autographs & photo Shoots

chubarker

I quite liked the idea of it being all in one, I mean in any day people are what carrying around their pictures, bags, drinks(if you need one throughout the day), etc, so to have it all on one little card...well it made what I carried around all day easier! :)
**nods head rapidly in agreement** Bag with autos/photos folder. Bag with camera. Drink. Chocolate (before someone else comments!), and I didn't have much compared to quite a few others I noticed!

Edit: the head nodding is not too rapid. I don't want it to fall off!

Exactly the easier SM make it on us who carry loads around all weekend (which we all do) is always gonna be a plus in book.

I'm a little surprised by the amount of people that don't like the holes as it spoils the image. I can understand why and everything, but from my point of view, every wee hole is a story :)

Agreed! And when you think of why you got a hole in the card (a pic with Rick for instance :blush: ), it's so worth the hole!!

It's a real shame that had to be done, especially as Colin Cunningham decided to sign the bit on my con booklet as well as my autograph! LOL

But I can see why they felt that it had to be done. It's a real shame that's the reason why though. Why is it that a few really thoughtless people do things that threaten to ruin it for others.

I only take what I pay for and wouldn't dream of doing anything else. :thumbup:

I was really happy with the idea of having everything on the badge. It meant I had it attached to my jeans all the time and lodged in my pocket and could just present it when needed and tuck it away again.

Honestly, I hadn't even worried about the photo on the badge. I was just happy the right holes were being punched and I still had a keep sake for the event. Was glad the groups were listed on it too so everything was in one handy reminder location.

Whenever I've been in autograph queues (especially when using crutches) I've dropped autograph cards unknowingly when shuffling my 8x10s/books etc ready for the next guest.

I'm glad it wasn't just a ribbon this time as my badge fell off at the Tru Blood con last year. I'll probably invest in a lanyard eventually.

Had to wonder how many of the crew ended up with neck ache from all the pens and buttons they were sporting on their lanyards !!

OK So hole punching ruins the image. How to avoid that? Simple- have circular passes, instead of a rectangular ones and yes, how appropriate, they could be a Stargate - have the image in the centre, and punch around the edges of the circle / Stargate.

as much as that sounds soo cool :cylon: , unfortunately it is unlikely to work! this is due to the badges likely being printed off in big sheets and then cut, cutting circle ones would just not work!!! ;) but I really loved the Stargate idea!

I always keep my badges from attending/crewing and can't believe I forgot to take a photo of it before holes were made (actually that doesn't matter now as I no longer have any photos...:D ) ah well it's a great idea, practical and secure and less likely to be lost! but I do love to keep my badges intact lol

surfy sah xx