New process for marking off autographs & photo Shoots

chubarker

A little annoyed at the introduction of the hole-punching idea for marking off when you've been through an autograph Q or photo shoot.

I can understand that there is a cost saving here, that if there's a late guest change, the booklet doesn't need to be altered and it's one less thing to carry around, but it does kind of ruin the badge.

If this process is going to continue, can I suggest that the badges have a wide border where the hole-punch zone is so that the image on the badge isn't spoiled by having holes punched through it.

Otherwise had a great (If exhausting) time and looking forward to November.

I thought the idea was a very good one, as it prevented people swapping badges to get into things earlier than they should. The borders could be a little larger, but overall, the idea was a good one. If you want to know SM's probably reasons for the system, check the Eternal Twilight threads, where they explain what has been going on at events in recent times.

This new system has been introduced to stop the people that were abusing the previous system and gaining free autographs/photo shoots for themselve and others.

I have kept all of my previous passes as a momento, and I agree that in comparison to those previous passes the holes do make them unsightly. However if it stops the above then I am all for it.

I have found an another advantage straightaway. I was forever 'losing' the previous auto & photo vouchers either in numeroues pockets of bags. Panic mode was frequently engaged! I much prefer this all-in-one pass that can be easily found around my neck, and not worried about :WINCE:

Yep I liked it also, the less the attendees and crew have to fiddle about the better, and prevents all the cheating I keep hearing about at other events then all the better , I thought it worked well

Though to help both like and dislike parties, the reverse image on the pass like RDA this weekend could be in the middle so to avoid the hole punch

This new system has been introduced to stop the people that were abusing the previous system and gaining free autographs/photo shoots for themselve and others.

I have kept all of my previous passes as a momento, and I agree that in comparison to those previous passes the holes do make them unsightly. However if it stops the above then I am all for it.

I have found an another advantage straightaway. I was forever 'losing' the previous auto & photo vouchers either in numeroues pockets of bags. Panic mode was frequently engaged! I much prefer this all-in-one pass that can be easily found around my neck, and not worried about :WINCE:

I agree with all of the above!

I really liked this system, stopped people from cheating it and you got there faster without fumbling around for the booklet.

I say let's keep the system but make the badge a bit wider.

I've never done a con before so have no idea of the previous system, but I liked the system. Simple and effective, and I dont even mind the holes in the picture. Perhaps in future, if people don't like the image being encroached upon, instead of making the badge wider, notches could be cut out of the egde? Rather than holes?

When I looked through my pack I panicked when I couldn't find the autograph vouchers :thumbup:

Don't know if it was explained in the booklet we get, I didn't really read it and didn't expect it to be a different system. Had to ask at the registration desk and was relieved to find out I could still get all my autographs.

I agree with some others that if this system continues in future, it would be good there's a way around spoiling the passes (or the images on them).

The extra room around the images is something that I am sure will be looked at in the future.

I've seen the whole punching done at other events and was actually saying that this was probably the change in the system that was mentioned here. I agree with what has been said so far. I liked it, saved a lot of trouble (I don't know how often during the weekend I usually freak because something seems to be gone). And also it does seem pretty foulproof too me.

This was my first Chevron, so I can't compare it to other shows. But I thought the hole-punch through a plastic card was a brilliant idea. Difficult for people to abuse the system, the card is hard-wearing, and it's a lot less likely for people to be worrying about losing tickets. I was constantly doing that with the extra photoshoot tickets I had! But I do agree with other people about it being a shame about it marking what is a particularly lovely RDA picture. So a wider border (or similar idea) to avoid the main picture would seem a good thought for next time. Just my two pennies worth... :thumbup:

If you want to know SM's probably reasons for the system, check the Eternal Twilight threads, where they explain what has been going on at events in recent times.

Do you know what thread(s) this is mentioned in? I looked but didn't see anything.

• Moderators
If you want to know SM's probably reasons for the system, check the Eternal Twilight threads, where they explain what has been going on at events in recent times.

Do you know what thread(s) this is mentioned in? I looked but didn't see anything.

This one

This one

Oh god I had no clue it was that bad. There was one point when I thought I had really lost my pass(It was in my room I had taken it off and was in the table were the hair dryer is lol) and I went up to reg desk to see if it was handed in and what would happen if I couldn't find it. Was horrible feeling when they said they did not hand out replacments but I understand now and I am so glad it was me just being daft. Hope they don't think I was trying to pull a fast one now :D

For people to be stealing other peoples passes is so horrible and is sad it happens at such great events like this.

Oh god I had no clue it was that bad. There was one point when I thought I had really lost my pass(It was in my room I had taken it off and was in the table were the hair dryer is lol) and I went up to reg desk to see if it was handed in and what would happen if I couldn't find it. Was horrible feeling when they said they did not hand out replacments but I understand now and I am so glad it was me just being daft. Hope they don't think I was trying to pull a fast one now :D

For people to be stealing other peoples passes is so horrible and is sad it happens at such great events like this.

That is a lot worse than I was expecting. Thanks for the link etmuse.

When the system changed without me knowing I assumed the system changed to an autograph slip (rather than on the booklets as they used to be) and thought someone stole it, or that for some reason hadn't been put in my pack

I was expecting the people on the registration desk to tell me there's nothing they can do but luckily I had the autograph passes around my neck ;) Good job too, I only bought my silver ticket so I could meet RDA (instead of standard), and that would've been the only irreplaceable autograph if I did lose it.

OK So hole punching ruins the image. How to avoid that? Simple- have circular passes, instead of a rectangular ones and yes, how appropriate, they could be a Stargate - have the image in the centre, and punch around the edges of the circle / Stargate.

I liked it, but then I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that had people who punched the number or letter and not the image.

Look on the other side... :thumbup:

I think it was a good idea. I nearly lost my booklet at the last one. Or I would nearly forget it.

Only once did i nearly forget the pass.

I think its horriable that a handful of people cannot just stick to the rules as it can ruin it for evety one else.

Cannot seem to find the thread.

I quite liked the idea of it being all in one, I mean in any day people are what carrying around their pictures, bags, drinks(if you need one throughout the day), etc, so to have it all on one little card...well it made what I carried around all day easier! :) It is just sad that a from other events people couldn't stick to rules and this had to be implimented.

I quite liked the idea of it being all in one, I mean in any day people are what carrying around their pictures, bags, drinks(if you need one throughout the day), etc, so to have it all on one little card...well it made what I carried around all day easier! :)
**nods head rapidly in agreement** Bag with autos/photos folder. Bag with camera. Drink. Chocolate (before someone else comments!), and I didn't have much compared to quite a few others I noticed!

Edit: the head nodding is not too rapid. I don't want it to fall off!

Edited by 1of2