Thankyou

libra

Adding my penny's worth. Had a total blast guys thank you so much for bringing us RDA!! Huge props to Mark, Jason and all the crew for a fantastic weekend!! Two cons down two to go! Can't believe you guys have managed to lure me into attending four in one year! All I can say is thank heaven I'm not attempting Hallowhedon too. Exhausting!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had an amazing time this weekend thanks to the organizers, the crew and of course the guests!

I'd like to give special thinks to the lovely lady on the registration desk on Sunday afternoon who managed to find me a replacement copy of the Chevron 7.7 ticket request form by rifling through unused registration packs - it was much appreciated!

I had an absolute blast crewing this one, really did, maybe one of the best cons I've ever been to.

Thanks to everyone involved in organising it, but I would also like to thank those who gave me the odd back rub here and there as my back was in a spot of bother. You know who you are!!

Hi - Massively enjoyable weekend really wouldn't have missed it for the world. Too Tall was as helpful and ironic as usual : "Too Tall, can I leave my bag over here while I get RDA's autograph?" You can leave it wherever you want, but if it gets nicked, your on your own!" :-) . Seriously though a big thanks to Too Tall M.E. and everyone at Showmasters for these conventions - the best way to get out more by being indoors:-)

I loved it, best con I've been to yet. Everyone was so nice (guests, crew and attendee's) dispite going on my tod, I met so many lovely people.

Also a thank you to those who brought in the costumes, props and set peices. Only shame was that it wasnt opened for longer or info on when it was open as I missed a little section as I had to go for photo shoots and stuff, but what I saw was fantastic!

I didnt mind that things were late as that was mainly due to RDA and the guys cos they wanted to talk longer so I'm glad that they clearly wanted to spend more time with us all.

I bet 1of2 was at the jacuzzi session handing out chocolates lol ;)
Hey funny man, you have seen my photos :D

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sounds really dodgy, as if you were hiding in the changing rooms :thumbup:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good point. I never thought of it like that ;)

To clairfy - that did not happen.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good point. I never thought of it like that ;)

To clairfy - that did not happen.

Are you sure??

A big thank you to all the crew for their work over the weekend - I really appreciate the work you do and the assistance you give to those like myself who have mobility problems.

A massive thank you to all the guests who were fabulous - really made the weekend enjoyable!!

This was mine and the Mrs' second Chevron convention. The reason I decided to come was RDA (I can't afford too many, unfortunately) and I have to say it was fantastic of you to get him. I'm aware he's a rare guest so that's what swayed my buy.

The delays and queues were to be expected and very well handled by the crew so kudos and good job on RDA for making sure he got through everything.

Was a little disappointed we didn't all get guest encounters like we had at C7.3 (I think? Corin Nemec) but I can't see how they'd have been fit in with this schedule. Is that a perm change now? You have to bid on them all and only 1 a day per guest?

The talks were amusing. Was very disappointed at the lack of people at Big Finish's talk. I'm a huge fan of Big Finish and Fandy. They produce some quality Stargate adventures and now they're our only places for new Stargate so I expected a better turnout.

I have to say I'm gonna try and make my attendance a regular thing with these conventions.

The talks were amusing. Was very disappointed at the lack of people at Big Finish's talk. I'm a huge fan of Big Finish and Fandy. They produce some quality Stargate adventures and now they're our only places for new Stargate so I expected a better turnout.

I really wanted to come at first, but I was stuck in queuing for shoots so I just couldn't.... What did they say during the talk? I'd love to know :)

Was a little disappointed we didn't all get guest encounters like we had at C7.3 (I think? Corin Nemec) but I can't see how they'd have been fit in with this schedule. Is that a perm change now? You have to bid on them all and only 1 a day per guest?

7.3 was the exception, along with two or maybe three other smaller events. For most of the events you have to bid on the guest encounters, yes.

This was my first real con, and I'm so glad I went. I was really impressed with the team who never flagged and handled the delays and any problems like pros. The guests were obviously very happy to be there and rather comfortable and we had a cracking time!

Was very disappointed at the lack of people at Big Finish's talk. I'm a huge fan of Big Finish and Fandy. They produce some quality Stargate adventures and now they're our only places for new Stargate so I expected a better turnout.
For me the clash of two photoshoot contributed to my lack of seeing the BF talk. To be fair I could have popped in and out but the problem was once I in there I would have wanted to see the whole talk. I could have missed the photo shoot with Teryl and had it on Sunday instead, but not the costume shoot.

It was a shame, but as they have attended before hopfully they will make another appearance in the future.

I just wanted to pass on my thanks to all the crew and everybody who attended chevron 7.6 this last weekend. :WINCE::D

I attended with my girl friend who requires the use of a wheelchair and another friend who has to use crutches and is unable to stand for long periods of time every body at the convention from the staff at the hotel, the crew and the attendees were fantastically helpful toward us I have been to conventions where we have been treated as an irritation or second class attendees this was a brilliant event and a wonderful change from some events we have been to.

Everybody was friendly and helpful and put up with us with a smile and a laugh, from people getting us chairs to sit on in queues, clearing paths for us in the halls or opening doors to letting us cut in front of them in the signing and photo shoot queues with grace and good humour , at this point there is one couple I would especially like to thank as they always seem to be the ones letting us cut in front of them I am sorry I don’t know your names but thank you very much you are lovely people in fact you are all fantastically wonderful people who helped make our weekend something special and I cant wait to attend my next event.

David :wub:

Edited by david111066

Thanks to all involved for an awesome weekend, RDA and all of the guests were amazing! Have taken away some really lovely memories!

Big thanks to the crew who were all lovely, especially lovely chap working on the RDA autograph queue on Sunday. Although we had a bit of a wait the guy did a great job of organising the queue.

Thanks to all involved for an awesome weekend, RDA and all of the guests were amazing! Have taken away some really lovely memories!

Big thanks to the crew who were all lovely, especially lovely chap working on the RDA autograph queue on Sunday. Although we had a bit of a wait the guy did a great job of organising the queue.

There was a few people on the que but we all worked hard to make it better for everyone

Thank you for yet another amazing con. The queing well and truly took it out on my knees but it was all worth it.

Hearing Teryl say "I didn't expect you to be that massive." to the very tall gentleman she found herself standing next to and the laughter that ensued were one of many highlights.

As per usual all the staff for the con were wonderful and really helpful and I had a wonderful time. Same to be said of the hotel staff. Even the attended security team (the men in suits) were ver y discreet and from what I saw of then were very polite too.

If I have one gripe its was that the camera in the hall got in the way a bit and it was annoying. But that having been said, it still didn't stop me hearing some great anacdotes and stories from the guests.

Also, thanks for allowing Sea Shepperd to be at our con. Captain Watson's story about the whales made me cry.

Just sorry I cant be at the next one. :thumbup: