Thankyou

libra

I know the weekends not over but I just want to say a Massive Thankyou to Massive Events and all the stars who came over. This is the first on I've done on crutches and everyone has been really considerate and helpful, nothing is to much trouble. Even the hotel staff have been good.

Thankyou Mark, Jason, Rick, Teryl, Flu, Gary, Dan, and all the stewards who are too numerous to mention, but especially Andrew and Mara for the excellent care they took of me on the meal out.

:YAHOO:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing weekend. Incredibly busy at times but the crew were polite, helpful and professional throughout and the guests were all absolutely brilliant.

Big thank you to everyone involved for making it happen and also for making it so enjoyable.

I agree. Massive thank you to the guests, attendees, organisers and especially the crew.

The guests were friendly, the schedule was well worked (I know there were delays, but we didn't really mind did we?), and the crew were brilliant.

I had a great weekend, thank you

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

Haven't missed a Chevron and don't ever intend to!

A huge success, fabulous guests, great as ever. RDA in person - who'd've thought it?! Sitting at home now, looking at my photos and autos. Bit miserable now that it's all over, but have just changed my countdown to 7.7. Only 180 days to go.

Massive thanks to everyone for making it such a great weekend - again. See you in November!

I don't think there are enough thank you's in the world to describe how much I think everyone feels about this weekend.

Bringing us RDA was just genius. We'll never be able to thank you enough. What an absolute gent who had so much time for everyone (even if it put everything behind schedule, but as InYourHonour said, we didn't mind did we?!). Was a dream come true to see, watch, listen to & meet him. Way exceeded expectations. Hope we have the privelage of seeing him again one day. And all the other guests were equally gracious. And just a little bit bonkers!

Keep expecting to wake up and all this weekend has just been one long, fantastic and surreal dream. I sure hope it's not!

Best Chevron to date? Having only been to this and 7.5... DEFINITELY!

First off, I'd like to say THANK YOU! for the weekend, despite the delays in autos and photos I had a blast!

*blows kisses*

Now I'm off to heal my sore body! and also sell a kidney for 7.7

BEN BROWDER! YES!!!! :WINCE:

(I know there were delays, but we didn't really mind did we?)
Not when it involves a guest doing everything possible to ensure that each attendee he meets has the best experience that is realistically possible within the available time. So much better than the quick hello/bye/acknowledgment that part of me was expecting. I suspect that everybody who met RDA this weekend appreciated that, including the people who were involved in the later autographs session that unfortunately clashed with the talks.

All of the guests were great entertainment. Dan was a particular highlight for me. I had never met him prior to this event and had no idea what he was like. So funny. Especially paired up with Gary :WINCE:

I have met RDA **wanders off in a daze**

Edit: Thank you to whoever put a map of the event in the programme. Much more helpful than the electronic signs in the Hilton.

Edited by 1of2

Thanks for another great (and exhausting) event, and of course for bringing over Richard :thumbup:

The guests were all friendly and I was surprised at how much time we got with Richard, I was expecting a Shatner/Nimoy kind of experience (being rushed through), luckily we got a decent amount of time with him :smile:

Oh and thanks for getting Lightspeed Fine Art there to eat all my money, I love their work and I finally got the Stargate lithograph I wanted :clap:

I'm back home and feeling slightly down now that it's all over. I had the most wonderful time and have some brilliant photographs to remind me of all the fun I had. Thanks to all the organisers and crew for making this all possible - you all did a sterling job. I met the most incredible actors, generous to a fault with their time, and as funny as hell on the stage. Dan and Gary are one heck of a double act. And, thanks to Terryl, I'll never look at Duct-Tape in the same light again (shivers at the thought!). As for the wonderful, charming and funny RDA... Well words are not enough. I managed to meet up with some old friends, make some new ones, and dress up in funny outfits that I'd definitely not be seen dead in anywhere else! Thank you once again for bringing this all together and working so hard on our behalf. I'll never forget it. Oh, and by the way, when are you next bringing Richard over??? :thumbup:

Hi,

I am new to Massive Events cons, but not new to conventions as a whole. A friend has been to several Twilight events and she told me that RDA had been lined up for this one.

I came out of "convention retirement" immediately! I have to say I wasn't at all disappointed. I've had a fantastic weekend and been very pleasantly surprised by the guests. RDA was just the friendliest bloke and completely down to earth. (He gave fantastic hugs too!)

I am booked for a Gold ticket to the next one, something that was debated with my friend and her credit card!

Thank you Massive Events for doing something to get me out of "retirement" and back to the fun! Great weekend all round.

:thumbup:

I can't stop grinning about the fact that i've met and had a lovely cuddle with RDA :smile: thank you so much Mark and Jason for organising such a fantastic weekend :thumbup:

good to see you again, add me of FB if your on there.

great event

Highlights for me.

the guests were all good, on form, friendly

the stunning and quite naughty teryl and having her snuggle up to me in the sunday shoot saying she could hear my heart beating.

RDA, what a guy, never thought id ever meet him, thank you so much for getting him over, very funny, also very interesting when actaully pressed in parts of the talks.

Dan and gary together were so funny.

1of2 saying to me in a coversation about zoning out or not hearing something "I, I cant hear london" lol. I did an oneill "what?" lol

although saying that I misheard a few ppl over the weekend and said something different in reply to them. sorry if I did that to anyone. pretty sure I did with Yivie, 1of2, kevin.

I liked the lay out of the hilton rooms, spaced out with photos, talks one end and signing room, dealers the other, really split up the crowds, really liked it.

the crew were great, the queueing all well thought out.

RDA constantly pulling paul up on his dislike of walking more than a metre to get questions lol, was fun, If I remember Kai at the last hub and lexa at the last chev did similar lol

low lights lol,

the hilton prices, my god, 12 quid for a club sandwich, 2.90 for a small bottle of water. my my.

air con on the ground, sat was far to warm, RDA was effected by this. as was I being big. dont know if anyone else agrees.

this is more of a personal thing, the last group talk, not sure I like the same questions like party trick or reincarnation always being used and the main part of the final talk as aside the hub where it seems to work well lol these questions usually dont go anywhere and the talk just ends up as a bit of a ramble, this was especially apparent yesterday. even though the guests were funny and the talk lasted longer. id much rather more questions from an interviewer and from the ones sent in from us. but thats just me personally. or more mixed, like the normal last talk questions but with some more thought out questions also. a mix is good.

thanks to jason, mark, stuart and all the crew for a great event (convention lol) amanda tapping next please ;-)

the hilton prices, my god, 12 quid for a club sandwich, 2.90 for a small bottle of water. my my.

At the food court that they had for the convention drinks were a quid each. I stocked up there before going anywhere near the actual bar. :thumbup:

Also their food was quite good and nowhere near 12 quid.

From my point of view it was mostly well done. The only real delays were unavoidable such as RDA taking half an hour for lunch when scheduled for signing etc but obviously this couldnt be avoided.

Massive thanks go to the organiser of RDA's autograph queue on Sunday and Stuart for helping my brother and I to meet him when we had a flight to catch. It was much appreciated.

The only downside is that I missed getting my photo with Teryl because I was in desperate need to meet Richard. A shame but I have photos with her from previous events so it's not the end of the world.

At the food court that they had for the convention drinks were a quid each. I stocked up there before going anywhere near the actual bar. :D

Also their food was quite good and nowhere near 12 quid.

yer I know lol, Just when I went there it was jam packed, no seats and queues and I had my times planned so went for the club snadwich in the bar, which was gorgeous but lol the cost,

Room service was well expensive also, so I walked to subway ;) very nice

Massive thanks go to the organiser of RDA's autograph queue on Sunday and Stuart for helping my brother and I to meet him when we had a flight to catch. It was much appreciated.

As the above mentioned queue organiser - thankyou for the comment! Glad we could get you through on time, and that you made your flight! :D

I know the weekends not over but I just want to say a Massive Thankyou to Massive Events and all the stars who came over. This is the first on I've done on crutches and everyone has been really considerate and helpful, nothing is to much trouble. Even the hotel staff have been good.

Thankyou Mark, Jason, Rick, Teryl, Flu, Gary, Dan, and all the stewards who are too numerous to mention, but especially Andrew and Mara for the excellent care they took of me on the meal out.

:D

Yes Thankyou massive Events - you were all fantastic. We had such a fantastic time. It was my fierst con ever and i am now hooked. Thank you thank you thank you. :clap:

although saying that I misheard a few ppl over the weekend and said something different in reply to them. sorry if I did that to anyone. pretty sure I did with Yivie, 1of2, kevin.

Who the hell is Yivie? :clap: RUDE!

:lol:

I'd like to say thanks to the attendees for being (mostly) normal and lovely. This event was very fun to work, even though a few of us 'needed' a couple of hours in the jacuzzi this morning to unwind :D

See you in November!

Thank you EVERYONE for making this past weekend so great!

Thank you especially to all the crew for being so great and patient. And a special thank you to Becky for all the help you gave with the "Teryl writing".

And most of all...........(even though they are unlikely to see this)...........

A big THANK YOU to Richard Dean Anderson, Teryl Rothery, Dan Shea, Fulvio Cecere & Gary Jones for attending and for being so amazingly great all weekend.

Who the hell is Yivie? :clap: RUDE!

:lol:

I'd like to say thanks to the attendees for being (mostly) normal and lovely. This event was very fun to work, even though a few of us 'needed' a couple of hours in the jacuzzi this morning to unwind :D

See you in November!

lol sorry,

I bet 1of2 was at the jacuzzi session handing out chocolates lol :D