Guest Change - Sophie Aldred

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

We are sorry that Sophie can no longer attend Collectormania this month, but we will welcome her to LFCC in July

Anyone with a photoshoot ticket for Sophie at Collectormania can use the same ticket at LFCC. If you require a refund please contact Hazel at info@collectormania.com and she'll sort that for you.

Thanks

:lol::lol:

What a nuisance, I've just booked a hotel and a car for that weekend, now one of the people I most wanted to meet has been moved to a "hard to get to" event!

I hope this isn't going to happen with any more?

one of the people I most wanted to meet has been moved to a "hard to get to" event!

I can't believe anyone could label an event in Central London "hard to get to" - compared to Milton Keynes!!!

Probably one of the biggest and best public transportation systems in the world - buses, coaches, trains, planes..........

one of the people I most wanted to meet has been moved to a "hard to get to" event!

I can't believe anyone could label an event in Central London "hard to get to" - compared to Milton Keynes!!!

Probably one of the biggest and best public transportation systems in the world - buses, coaches, trains, planes..........

I would 100% label it hard to get to, I live under half an hour from Milton Keynes so can get in my car and go straight there no problem, London however, I hate driving to (try being stuck for about 2 hours in traffic there on just one road with a car that won't let you change gears!). I hate it when there wasn't car problems as well, had to get family to drive me before because I hate it that much. Yes there is the option of buses, coaches and trains, but these are all extra expenses which can still influence how hard it is to get somewhere.

Half hour drive to MK and then jump on the direct train to london, then the tube would probably be cheaper than the petrol/deisel to London these days.

Just book far enough in advance.

I mean I'm doing the same journey pretty much in reverse for this event (Wycombe to London, Tube, London to MK) and its cost me £25 return, going on friday coming back monday.

Edited by BeatrixKiddo88

Actually Keithporter23, as I have mentioned several times before on this forum, Central London is fine if you live in London, not for those of us who live outside it.

Milton Keynes is a long way from where I live, hence the car hire and the hotel stay. However Milton Keynes has plenty of free parking, no traffic jams, and the hotels are reasonable. Car travel into London is a nightmare as I have found out on many occasions due to jams, and very expensive parking. As for public transport:

Buses - Fine if you live in London, no good if like me you live outside it.

Coaches - Great, but not always going to the right place at the right time, and not always one to take you home.

Trains - Far too expensive, over a hundred pounds to bring my family - how would I afford autographs? Costing me enough for the hotel seeing as at least one guest is coming on Sunday!

Planes - Fine if you live in another country.

I am very disappointed that yet again, rather than re-schedule a guest for a later MK event, they've been transferred to a London one. This happened to Gerry Anderson, I always wanted to meet him.

Actually Keithporter23, as I have mentioned several times before on this forum, Central London is fine if you live in London, not for those of us who live outside it.

Milton Keynes is a long way from where I live, hence the car hire and the hotel stay. However Milton Keynes has plenty of free parking, no traffic jams, and the hotels are reasonable. Car travel into London is a nightmare as I have found out on many occasions due to jams, and very expensive parking. As for public transport:

Buses - Fine if you live in London, no good if like me you live outside it.

Coaches - Great, but not always going to the right place at the right time, and not always one to take you home.

Trains - Far too expensive, over a hundred pounds to bring my family - how would I afford autographs? Costing me enough for the hotel seeing as at least one guest is coming on Sunday!

Planes - Fine if you live in another country.

I am very disappointed that yet again, rather than re-schedule a guest for a later MK event, they've been transferred to a London one. This happened to Gerry Anderson, I always wanted to meet him.

Personally I think makes sense to get the guest for the next available event as it is also possible that they could then become available for 'next years' versions of the event they have had to cancelled for. Hope that makes sense :D

Where are you from and what time do you travel? For LFCC I drive from Bristol each day and aim to arrive at Earls Court around 7.30am. I have never encountered heavy traffic at that time. It is definitely a lot less than the what is encountered at the equivilent time during the working week. I agree that the parking at Earls Court is expensive if you are there all day but it works out cheaper if you pre-book that rather than pay on the day.

It does depend on where you start from. If you live near MK then London is hard to get to in comparison.

Speaking as someone down in the South West, 3-4 hours from London by train, London is fine. Milton Keynes is doable, but only via London. Northampton has proved more troube than its been worth so far.

Since when has London had one of the best transport systems in the world,even londoners are fed up with it,last weekend 6 of the main underground lines weren't running due to failure or repair work.Happens every weekend. Everyone if forced to use overcrowded grubby buses or taxi which don't move much more than a snails pace because the streets are too small .£25.00 fare from Euston to Earls Court!It will get worse as we get closer to the Olympics. Motorway roadworks and lane closures on a weekend mean a coach from Birmingham can take nearly 4 hours now. Thats why people who don't live in London (the majority of the population i might add)hate having to reschedule to go there, its a crap hole of a city with overpriced hotels and overpriced pubs. :(

Since when has London had one of the best transport systems in the world,even londoners are fed up with it,last weekend 6 of the main underground lines weren't running due to failure or repair work.Happens every weekend. Everyone if forced to use overcrowded grubby buses or taxi which don't move much more than a snails pace because the streets are too small .£25.00 fare from Euston to Earls Court!It will get worse as we get closer to the Olympics. Motorway roadworks and lane closures on a weekend mean a coach from Birmingham can take nearly 4 hours now. Thats why people who don't live in London (the majority of the population i might add)hate having to reschedule to go there, its a crap hole of a city with overpriced hotels and overpriced pubs. :YAHOO:

That's very true Bigcat. Four years ago my wife and I paid a local coach company for tickets to see a concert at the O2 Arena, which included transport of course. Less than a month before the concert, the coach company cancelled due to the lack of people buying tickets, but my wife was determined to go. We did consider public transport, only to find that the tube trains stop running at around 11pm, and London is a city that never sleeps! Eventually I hired a car, had to drive right round the M25 and up the A2 to avoid the congestion charging zone, had to pay a fortune for a parking ticket, altogether totalling a lot more than the coach would have cost! I was glad I did drive when I saw the queue for the tube, knowing that many people would never even make it home once the last tube had gone, however I nearly had an accident on the A2 when I had to slam the brakes on due to a 30mph limit with very little warning and a speed camera! Never again!

I struggle to see how the capital of the country is hard to get to from anywhere, less convenient than somewhere local but hardly hard, for those that live near MK count yourself lucky that you do, others have to come from much further afield i.e newcastle, manchester etc... I live in London and I'll be crewing the event it's not hard for me to get there and I don't drive....

at the end of the day it's hardly SM's fault when someone has to change days it's not like they decided to give themselves the extra work.

Edited by Talie