So what do you do with your photos?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

Does anyonE know the size of the photos? I want to put them in a photo album :D

Usually 8 x 10, the ones to get autographs on, not sure on PhotoShoot photos, but they may be the same. ;)

Think they may be 5x9. May be wrong. I tend to scan them and blow up to 8x10. Then on Sunday, get them signed. They're then stored.

Photoshoots are 6x9 - the only reason I know this for sure is because I am one of the guys that gets them done for LFCC. Love that cycle to Boots.....

Michelle - the psycle-path

And finding frames for them is no easy task. :YAHOO:

I like the album idea. Can anyone recommend a good one?

Frame wise, what I've done in the past is bought something like an 11" x 14" frame and then got a custom inlay made for 2 photos. The inlays are usually only about £3 at a good frame shop.

ive been too lazy to search for inlays ect lol.

mine are all uploaded onto my computer, then aside a few in basic frames, they are all in photo sleaves that the printed ones come in, full to the brim they are lol.

Ive been planning on ordering them all in smaller copies from photobox online so I can put them in a normal album (the smaller copies) but havent got around to it.

Usually 8 x 10, the ones to get autographs on, not sure on PhotoShoot photos, but they may be the same. ;)

Think they may be 5x9. May be wrong. I tend to scan them and blow up to 8x10. Then on Sunday, get them signed. They're then stored.

Photoshoots are 6x9 - the only reason I know this for sure is because I am one of the guys that gets them done for LFCC. Love that cycle to Boots.....

And finding frames for them is no easy task. :YAHOO:

I use these and find them great. 2 for 1 at the moment as well

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Memo-Metalli...tos-9x6_869161/

Usually 8 x 10, the ones to get autographs on, not sure on PhotoShoot photos, but they may be the same. :YAHOO:

And finding frames for them is no easy task. :D

Frame wise, what I've done in the past is bought something like an 11" x 14" frame and then got a custom inlay made for 2 photos. The inlays are usually only about £3 at a good frame shop.

That's actually a really good idea. TT, if you were any sharper, you'd cut yourself. ;)

Love the title psycle-path, by the way! :D:D

I keep mine in binders. There's no way I could display all my autographs and photos in my house!

Yeah i'm the same. I bought a folder and those protectiive sleeves for each autograph and have the all organised in alphabetical order in each film etc. Nice to flick through them all once you've been to a few events

:D

That's a bit too organised for me! I have mine in the Ultra Pro sleeves in a binder, is date order. The newest ones go at the back. I also stick a post it note on the back with the date I got it, the event and the name of the signee (I'm not going to forget the name of the main stars I get but it's habit now to just add the name).

Usually 8 x 10, the ones to get autographs on, not sure on PhotoShoot photos, but they may be the same. :D

And finding frames for them is no easy task. :D

I use the same one! I got them BOGOF too, so I use one for signing events and one for my ET photos. Safe to say the ET one is slightly more full than the CM/LFCC one at the moment :poki:

Edited by Beechy

Love the title psycle-path, by the way! :D:D

Thank you - can't take the credit for thinking of it though - it was Mr Idris that named me thus...

Michelle

Yep, Arrowfile have a polypocket which fits 6x9 photos. You can have 2 one side, 2 the other. And then you can have your autos mingled amongst them. I've got folders for star trek/star wars etc etc.

I have a rule I have imposed at my house. I have 200 frames for signed photos and a montage frame for photoshoot pictures. I rotate the contents of the frames. I am lucky I have the space to do this, but my other autographs are in folders (I've got over 2500). I recommend the archive sleeves, as although they are rather expensive, they protect your investment from fading far better. As it happens, they are also best kept in a fireproof cabinet, just incase.

I scan my photos in on the computer and then file them in a folder.

I got the folder/inserts from Arrowfile as it was recommended by someone on this forum for non-standard photo-holders. If you're interested, I bought the Gainsborough Slimline black leather folder and 6 x 9 (4) Clear Acid-Free Pocket Refills (I used to get the latter in black, but when I did my latest order last week, they didn't seem to have that colour any more).

• 3 weeks later...
And finding frames for them is no easy task. :angry:

Finally got around to ordering this. Actually, these, since there's still a BOGOF deal on them. :lol:

Edited by 1of2

My hub 1 photos are in a frame down the side of my chest of draws cos it's space was nicked by a signed LLL programme and Hamlet (David's more important don't you know :lol: ) and the rest of my autos, well the ones mainly on programmes, photos and other small bits of merch are

In a display book anything bigger I.e. my cardboard cutout goes elsewhere as I've just finished redecorating I've kept them behind my wardrobe to keep it flat and not easily broken. Only and under my bed is where my dolls are.... Photos by the way are sorted into con, then in order it was taken at the con and then put into a general photo album.

Finally got around to ordering this. Actually, these, since there's still a BOGOF deal on them. :D

I did also, there not too bad, seems really ahrd to find slip in decent albums this size.

Edited by 1of2

Finally got around to ordering this. Actually, these, since there's still a BOGOF deal on them. :D

I did also, there not too bad, seems really ahrd to find slip in decent albums this size.

Wanted to buy some, but they don't take over seas bookings :YAHOO:

There is a stall at the con each year where i take all my shhots he puts them in a plastic cover and puts it on a mount with a plaque of who it is the date and location, i then mount them on the wall in my livingroom.

i will eventually run out of space tho lol

as i have over 10 photoshoots so far for this year.

I put all mine in normal photo albums, even the signed ones, but looking through this thread I'm a bit worried that the writing/sigs could be pulled off eventually, is this right????? :D
I believe that could happen. It's not something that I have ever tested though as I have always used acid free covers.