So what do you do with your photos?

Couldn't you get someone to buy you one and ship it to you?

Technically, I could, but I think I'll just wait till LFCC to get some in a shop while I'm in London :)

If you order it a week or so before you come over, you could arrange to pick it up from whichever Boots store is handiest for you.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically, I could, but I think I'll just wait till LFCC to get some in a shop while I'm in London :)

If you order it a week or so before you come over, you could arrange to pick it up from whichever Boots store is handiest for you.

Well that could be a good idea! I'd be sure that the store has it then! Brilliant thank you! :)

Here's an idea that I imagine would fit this purpose very well. I recently made a digital photo frame from an old flat screen computer monitor; these have the advantage of being much higher resolution than most ready-made digiframes, and bigger too.

It's the kind of monitor that can rotate to vertical so is great for portrait format shots. A quick DIY surround hides all the switches (simply thick card and spray paint). It runs off a long cable from my Mac; just set the monitor to be a secondary desktop, and choose a folder full of your scanned photos to use as the background wallpaper. Then the pic will change every 10 mins (or two hours, or whatever) in random order, or set order, or not change at all if you have a favourite photo to stare at. All your prints can be safely stored away, yet the photos can still be enjoyed as often as you like, and without ever disturbing your precious originals.

I happened to have an old 21" monitor and cables lying around unused so this cost me nothing, but looking at the price of these autographs and photoshoots then wouldn't £100 or so on a secondhand monitor be a worthwhile investment? As long as your computer is on (which in my case is all the time) then you have a beautiful and accessible display of your entire collection.

hey starbuck's dad i think we met in the Q last year :(

i have a very nice photo album from w h smiths it has black pages and my pics look awesome i'd love to get some more but they prob stopped selling them knowing my luck doh!

• 1 month later...

Well that could be a good idea! I'd be sure that the store has it then! Brilliant thank you! :)

Hi Dellefyne,

I was just wondering if you were able to pick up a photo album at the weekend.

With plastic sleeves the best ones to get because they are acid free are the ones made by Ultra-Pro.Problem with these is they are becoming harder to get and damned expensive !!

Anyone know where the best place to buy these is, or know of any good alternatives (and where to buy them)?

WH Smith do acid free very cheap but a little filmsy. I simply put an acid free card backing in with the photo. This should ensure that your photo/autogrphs outlive you

Where do you get the acid free card backing?

Thanks

ive been too lazy to search for inlays ect lol.

mine are all uploaded onto my computer, then aside a few in basic frames, they are all in photo sleaves that the printed ones come in, full to the brim they are lol.

Ive been planning on ordering them all in smaller copies from photobox online so I can put them in a normal album (the smaller copies) but havent got around to it.

mine are mostly in a folder would need to win the lottery to get a place big enough to have them all in frames

i brought my own boarder cutter so i can do nice inlays myself

Hi Dellefyne,

I was just wondering if you were able to pick up a photo album at the weekend.

Hi!

Yes, I bought two of them from a Boots store in Oxford Street ;)

And I just found out today that one of them is already full, and the second one filling up :P

Thanks for asking!

I use these and find them great. 2 for 1 at the moment as well

http://www.boots.com/en/Boots-Memo-Metalli...tos-9x6_869161/

Finally got around to ordering this. Actually, these, since there's still a BOGOF deal on them. :thumbup:

I did also, there not too bad, seems really ahrd to find slip in decent albums this size.

Thanks for the link. Been struggling to find something suitable for the photoshoot pics. This will do nicely, at least for now anyway.

Signed pics will stay in the Ultra-Pro sleeves and binder for now, though I'm quite intrigued by the box storage system that was on sale at the show. May look more into that at the next one I go to.

Don't have the space to get loads of things framed properly but do have a few larger items that need it but want it done with a plaque or something to say who it is etc.

All mine are currently in the leather bound conference folder I took to LFCC. But I've scanned them all, ordered smaller 6 by 4.5 prints of everything (including autographed pics) and will be putting them into my new Walbum when they arrive from photobox so that I can have everything on the wall without it taking up too much space or destroying the precious originals. Cost me about £10 for all the prints and the walbum and will mean I can enjoy them all without worry on my wall :)