So what do you do with your photos?

So last year was our first LFCC. Big event for us, especially for the daughter as she met Katee Sackhoff. So we get home with the photo and the signed piccy and stuck them both in a big single frame and popped it in hall. So far, so good, and very nice too.

This year we've got four shoots booked to date and it's dawned me that, unless I get a bigger hallway, this isn't something I'm going to be able to do for all of them. So what do others do? What do you do with your photos and autographs?

Edited by Starbuck's dad

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I destroy mine as soon as I get home from an event to stop them falling into enemy hands. Can't be too careful these days.

Do the same with the autographs, someone might want to steal them.

I actually keep mine in a binder.

I keep mine in a display book, mainly. But I transfer them to a regular folder (with those plastic wallets) so I can use the display book at the next convention to store new ones in until I get home and sort them all out. :WINCE:

There is a fading problem with framing autographs but also the pressure of the glass against the photo can actually lift off some of the autograph, so if after a number of years you remove the photo it is possible some of the autograph can come away with the glass.If you have them in a mount first then framed the photo is not directly touching the glass so this problem is avoided.

With plastic sleeves the best ones to get because they are acid free are the ones made by Ultra-Pro.Problem with these is they are becoming harder to get and damned expensive !!

Edited by teroknor34

Does anyonE know the size of the photos? I want to put them in a photo album :D

Usually 8 x 10, the ones to get autographs on, not sure on PhotoShoot photos, but they may be the same. :YAHOO:

Edited by Eamane Tiwele

Usually 8 x 10, the ones to get autographs on, not sure on PhotoShoot photos, but they may be the same. :YAHOO:

Think they may be 5x9. May be wrong. I tend to scan them and blow up to 8x10. Then on Sunday, get them signed. They're then stored.

There is a fading problem with framing autographs but also the pressure of the glass against the photo can actually lift off some of the autograph, so if after a number of years you remove the photo it is possible some of the autograph can come away with the glass.If you have them in a mount first then framed the photo is not directly touching the glass so this problem is avoided.

With plastic sleeves the best ones to get because they are acid free are the ones made by Ultra-Pro.Problem with these is they are becoming harder to get and damned expensive !!

WH Smith do acid free very cheap but a little filmsy. I simply put an acid free card backing in with the photo. This should ensure that your photo/autogrphs outlive you

Currently, mine are in the plastic hard sleeves available from the dealers at the events sat in a cupboard. This is a temporary solution whilst I'm a trampy student with a lack of space, I'd like to have binders themed for all the shows and keep different autographs in relevant folders, but the only binders I can usually find when I look online are for trading card sets. I'll sort it out one day! :D

Does anyonE know the size of the photos? I want to put them in a photo album :YAHOO:

Think they may be 5x9. May be wrong. I tend to scan them and blow up to 8x10. Then on Sunday, get them signed. They're then stored.

Photoshoots are 6x9 - the only reason I know this for sure is because I am one of the guys that gets them done for LFCC. Love that cycle to Boots.....

Michelle - the psycle-path

Edited by re4per

Usually 8 x 10, the ones to get autographs on, not sure on PhotoShoot photos, but they may be the same. ;)

Photoshoots are 6x9 - the only reason I know this for sure is because I am one of the guys that gets them done for LFCC. Love that cycle to Boots.....

Michelle - the psycle-path

And finding frames for them is no easy task. :YAHOO:

I like the album idea. Can anyone recommend a good one?