Chevron Schedule Announced!

showmasters

I wasn't going to get more definite than that because I couldn't find the post I thought I had seen, and I don't like to state things as a fact when I am not 100 percent sure about them. :P

I did find the post I have remembered now though - this is TooTall's reply when someone asked if they could take one photo Saturday and one Sunday:

Also for this event we will be enforcing the same system as we have for autographs, so that people that are coming through a second time only do so once EVERYONE had been through once. i.e. If you have both at the same time, that's fine, but if you go through a second time you will need to wait for all of the standards to be done first.

So my above post is correct. Have photo one taken and then wait until "open queue" for photos on Sunday.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will have to wait to the end for everyone I'm afraid.

The post from TooTall I quoted above says that this policy is enforced for the photo sessions now too. Seeing he doesn't specify this is only for RDA it is my understanding that this will be enforced for all photo sessions.

So your choice is either have two photos taken at once or wait until everyone has gone through for your second photo. You can't have photo one taken and then join the queue whenever you like.

This event is by far the biggest Chevron so far, so things will go a little different this time and it will be enforced now.

I didn't think you were going to push in. But you said "you can't see any issues with the second apart from RDA", apparently going by what has been okay in the past. You are right, there were no issues in the past. But this time it is a potential issue. The "you" was not referring to you in person, it was a "you" for general information.

We have a lot of newbies around this time. So even if things have been different in the past, the rules this time matter. If you post the old info this will only confuse people - just see what you've done to me. :P

Basically telling people "it will be okay, it's been okay before" after I posted the official rules can leave a very wrong impression.

As I am also new to this, can you check I am correct with my times I am with RDA.

I am ticket no.G098, so I am (group C) on Saturday morning (signing 9.45 - 10.30) and (photo 10.45 - 11.00).

Am I understanding this correctly that I am allowed once my group has been called to go in anytime after that, join a group line and have the signature or photo? Not that I intend to do that but nice to know just is case I need to join in later.

Also I have bought an extra photo ticket with RDA and would like to spread the photographs across 2 days, so am I correct that I will be able to join on the end of the photo shoot on Sunday with my extra ticket to have my picture taken with him? So I get my main gold picture on Saturday and my extra on Sunday?

Thank you so much for putting up with my questions over the weeks, and answering them so quickly. Mind you might be one or two more before Friday :thumbup:

As I am also new to this, can you check I am correct with my times I am with RDA.

I am ticket no.G098, so I am (group C) on Saturday morning (signing 9.45 - 10.30) and (photo 10.45 - 11.00).

You have your times correct. However, this is an approximate time frame. It's possible you may be called a little earlier, but it could also be later. (That's for all guests, not only for RDA.)

Am I understanding this correctly that I am allowed once my group has been called to go in anytime after that, join a group line and have the signature or photo? Not that I intend to do that but nice to know just is case I need to join in later.

Yes, you understand correct. You can go in any line for photos and autographs anytime after your group has been called.

Also I have bought an extra photo ticket with RDA and would like to spread the photographs across 2 days, so am I correct that I will be able to join on the end of the photo shoot on Sunday with my extra ticket to have my picture taken with him? So I get my main gold picture on Saturday and my extra on Sunday?

Yes again. This has been confirmed by TooTall, that's as official as it gets. :thumbup:

Hey! I emailed a few days ago but since i haven't gotten a reply yet, i thought i'd post this here as well.

I just got my tiket for Chevron 7.6 and I found out that my ticket number is S411. This makes me the first of group O. I however have three friends in group N, with tickets S407, S408 and S409. I don't know anyone in my own group, I'm only 17 and this is only my second convention ever and the first big one. So I'm wondering if it would be possible for me to go with group N. I'd really appreciate not having to go alone.

I hope you can help me,

Kate

Speak to TooTall when you arrive, he'll sort you out.

He's the really tall guy, you really can't miss him. :YAHOO: If you have a problem finding him ask at the Reg Desk and they'll locate him for you.

Oh great thanks so much! I'll make sure to track him down when i get there :)

• Showmasters Admin

He's the really tall guy, you really can't miss him. :YAHOO: If you have a problem finding him ask at the Reg Desk and they'll locate him for you.

I replied to this email this morning :YAHOO:

I replied to this email this morning :YAHOO:

I just saw the email a bit after i'd left this message. Thank you, I'll reply to the email soon!

haven't got time to read the all the posts so have only read the 1st

just wanted to say I'm really impressed with the schedule! :lol:;)

at the Vancouver con, I felt there was too much Sea Sheppherd :lol: and also it's awesome that there is nothing else happening when RDA is on stage :dance:

anyways rock on Too Tall/SM ;)

surfy sah xx

I've been trying to decide the best place to ask this question, here or the How Things Work thread, hope here is ok.

On Saturday, will the main hall be loaded properly for the afternoon before the Big Finish talk or before the RDA Talk? I ask because before and during the Big Finish talk i'm going to be running back and forth elsewhere for photo ops! :D

• Showmasters Admin

Good question and I've already had signs made up to go up at the event to answer this :D

The Big Finish talk is seperate and will be first come first served and sit were you like. We will then empty the hall after this talk and load to hall "as usual" at about 13:50 for the main talks to start at 14:15.

• Showmasters Admin

haven't got time to read the all the posts so have only read the 1st

just wanted to say I'm really impressed with the schedule! :D:clap:

at the Vancouver con, I felt there was too much Sea Sheppherd :poki: and also it's awesome that there is nothing else happening when RDA is on stage :D

anyways rock on Too Tall/SM :smile:

surfy sah xx

Thanks Sah.

I kind of thought people would want to be in the RDA talks so made sure NOTHING clashed with them :D

Sorry if this has been asked before...

I don't remember how it worked at the last show I attended: do we get small schedules in the entrance packages? Thanks!

Yes, an A4 print out is included. Plus they are stuck onto various walls around the event - larger than A4

I don't remember how it worked at the last show I attended: do we get small schedules in the entrance packages? Thanks!

Yes, an A4 print out is included. Plus they are stuck onto various walls around the event - larger than A4

Great, thanks! =)

Great, thanks! =)

No problem.

Not long to go :P