GUEST DAYS AND PRICES

showmasters

I think I missed the part where I needed to justify any aspect of my life to you!

No need to justify anything, it was a fairly simple question.

Maybe though next time, it would have been easier if you just admitted the first time you didn't go to many games, and that most of your insight comes courtesy of sky sports.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, think you are a bit out on that one, not sure what I've said previously to suggest that I am an occasional fan. The only conversation I can remember having with you on here was where we disagreed about Gazza's signing fees which I wouldn't have thought was much of a barometer!

Please forgive me if I jumped to the wrong conclustion, but maybe to set the record straight you could enlighten me to how many games you attended last season?. I assume not living in the city that your team is based does cause even more access problems. Much the same as 95% of Manchester United supporters. :YAHOO:

For the record, I'm a season ticket holder who does attend a number of (not all) away games as well. I know how accessible the players are at my club - and I don't think that would change massively unless the stadium access or layout at the training ground changed.

That said, I don't lug books and photos and pens to football matches with me - usually my pre-match/post match activities involve getting into the pub early doors to meet up with mates, have a few drinks, then onto the match, then home to my wife and son.

So, I think you are generalising in some of the comments you make. Also, I was indeed, referring to the fact that the majority of the guests announced at this event are not accessible these days, simply because they are not all associated to any particular club at present. Sure, they may be the guest of honour at a former club's games from time to time, but in those instances, they usually spend their time in corporate hospitality.

I always think back to the time when I visited Old Trafford on Business a couple of years ago. It was the morning of a Champions League game or other.

Beside me at the Reception desk stood a certain Bobby Charlton. It's a shame I forgot my England team photo, signed by 8 of his teammates no less. I should have remembered that it's the done thing to lug things to get signed around with me whenever I head to a football stadium. Damn shame! :WINCE:

I think I missed the part where I needed to justify any aspect of my life to you!

No need to justify anything, it was a fairly simple question.

Maybe though next time, it would have been easier if you just admitted the first time you didn't go to many games, and that most of your insight comes courtesy of sky sports.

Yes dear

For the record, I'm a season ticket holder who does attend a number of (not all) away games as well. I know how accessible the players are at my club - and I don't think that would change massively unless the stadium access or layout at the training ground changed.

Hang on. I was questioning Count about his attendance, not you!. But as football fan to football fan, I'm glad that you're one of the more active supporters.

I agree, I don't usually even leave the pub until about 2.55. Quite often making my seat just as the kick off whistle blows, much to the annoyance of the fans around me. Also when I'm travelling the length of the country on a tuesday night, I'm just glad to have made it in time rather than thinking of autorgraphs.

Buuuuuut! if I was wishing to do so, and take photographs around with me, then there are plenty of opportunities to do so with siginificant success.

Bobby Carlton would be more of a challenge. But I bet it could be done if you were a Manchester United season ticket holder.

While I can’t agree with the Count’s choice of venue his point is well made. Yes you can get autographs standing outside stadiums and training grounds, and some people make a living doing so, but a lot of the time they look scruffy and unrecognisable.

As a collector wanting specific items signed I’m always happy to take the opportunity of getting an autograph from a sports icon who is able to take time over their signature.

Would totally agree with your Joe Frazier shout. I’ve been lucky to meet him a couple of times and he has always been a big hit with fans. Showmasters could do a lot worse then bringing Joe Frazier back over to the UK.

While I can’t agree with the Count’s choice of venue his point is well made. Yes you can get autographs standing outside stadiums and training grounds, and some people make a living doing so, but a lot of the time they look scruffy and unrecognisable.

As a collector wanting specific items signed I’m always happy to take the opportunity of getting an autograph from a sports icon who is able to take time over their signature.

Would totally agree with your Joe Frazier shout. I’ve been lucky to meet him a couple of times and he has always been a big hit with fans. Showmasters could do a lot worse then bringing Joe Frazier back over to the UK.

I suppose it depends on where you live in relation to the player you are looking for to autograph your item.

I used to attend Spurs games regularly but simply couldn't afford to do so now. Security around the ground is a lot stronger now than it used to be and to go to a single game in the hope that you get a legend who may or may not be attending the match, to sign a photo or book is a bit of a gamble and would cost more money in the long run.

I think the idea of team reunions is fantastic. You get time to chat to the players and also get exactly what you want autographed in a relaxed and controlled atmosphere. I am really looking forward to meeting Alfie Conn and sincerely hope that he doesn't drop out of the Sunday appearance. Where else could I get to meet him? He lives in Scotland as far as I know so this is the only opportunity I will get to meet my idol.

Thanks you SM for bringing him to MK and for giving me the chance to meet an i con or should that be a conn!

The honorable member from across the Park has made the point I was trying to which somehow was interpreted as me confirming that I've never been to a football match in my life!

Anyway can't stop to chat I've got to get back to watching my DVD of England United beat Manchester Rovers in the 1968 World European Final, apparently Bobby Hurst scored the winner while riding on a white horse. I bet Gordon Banks was annoyed to let that one in.

Agreed, Smokin' Joe Frazier all the way, no disrespect to the other boxers attending but there is no big names like Ray Leonard or Frazier, surely a past great name would be a crownd puller..

Frazier, Frazier, Frazier!!

• Showmasters Admin

DjxTheGame - I shall re-iterate my previous post to another user!

Please keep the "funny" comments to yourself. They don't help anyone and just mean guests reading these forums could think "Well I'm not going if that's what they think of us!".

And yes we have had guests in the past cancel shows due to the rude and inconsiderate comments of those on these forums, so it CAN happen. And it may not be the guest you're insulting but one you actually want to meet that takes offence. Just remember that before posting rude comments about the guests. Thanks.

This isnt a place for petty squables really and we all see different people in different lights, i for one, as a Spurs fan, paidf to watch Gazza when he joined the yids and built up thje player/fan connection that many footballs fans do, for that reason alone i would gladly pay to meet and great the man if nothing else but to say i did it.

Persnally i do not get start struck but do see people or stars in the manner of whether i watch them or like their work, my step Bro is a movie and Tv star and very well know but see him like any other person, even though he had got a bit bigheaded!! lol

I feel we do not need to be abusive about any guest and appreciate the fact the CM have got them together to please many different peoples interests. Never been to one of these before but have booked the weekend to stay down MK, im sure i will enjoy it. Also before you ask This is England Star Thomas Turgoose is my step Bro.

Edited by sibenn

DjxTheGame - I shall re-iterate my previous post to another user!

Please keep the "funny" comments to yourself. They don't help anyone and just mean guests reading these forums could think "Well I'm not going if that's what they think of us!".

And yes we have had guests in the past cancel shows due to the rude and inconsiderate comments of those on these forums, so it CAN happen. And it may not be the guest you're insulting but one you actually want to meet that takes offence. Just remember that before posting rude comments about the guests. Thanks.

ok sorry lol it was only a joke :D

• 2 weeks later...

I am a little confused although the sportsmania is over Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I wondered why none of the guests are scheduled for Friday. Or will there be some last minute additions?

I am a little confused although the sportsmania is over Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I wondered why none of the guests are scheduled for Friday. Or will there be some last minute additions?

Friday is a "dealers only" day according to a previous post. So you can browse the stalls, but no guests will be present.