GUEST DAYS AND PRICES

showmasters

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted at the price of Paul Gascoignes auto on a item. Was going to get 3 shirts signed but at £45 each there is now no chance of that. Does any one else feel that £45 per autograph is far too expensive? Can't imagine he will be very busy at those prices.

Gutted at the price of Paul Gascoignes auto on a item. Was going to get 3 shirts signed but at £45 each there is now no chance of that. Does any one else feel that £45 per autograph is far too expensive? Can't imagine he will be very busy at those prices.

I think he will still be very busy but it is a shame that some younger fans who have probably watched videos of Gazza in the same way I have watched film of the double winning Spurs side of 61, will no doubt shy away from getting his autograph at £35 a time. Does seem a little steep but then you have a choice of whether to pay and sacrifice other guests autographs, or decline. I would only pay £35 for a very few select players and I'm afraid, even as a Tottenham fan, that Gazza does not come into that category.

I suspect he will still be busy, at the end of the day he is Paul Gascoigne, one of the most recognisable English players of his generation. I suspect that not only will people will travel to meet him but he will also attract a lot of passing trade from the shoppers.

End of the day, signing prices are what they are, as a punter it would always be nicer if they were lower but I would rather have the chance to meet someone like this at a higher price than not have the chance at all.

No.

It just means I can't order pizza and chinese next month.

What I've heard before is that item prices are higher because of the amount of shirts that appear on ebay afterwards for hundreds of pounds. I know it's wrong for us that actually want to keep the items but guess that's the way it goes.

When myself and my dad met gazza at another event he was quietish so was happy to chat about why he should never had left spurs etc - he offered to sign my dad's shirt and when my dad replied not at your prices - he just laughed! He did pose for a photo over the table with us though although he did say make it quick as his promoter wasn't happy that we hadn't bought anything!!

Hey

im down for the weekend!!

is there a deal for a signature and photo? as Gazza would cost me £75 for him to sign my pic and for me to have a pic with him? Surely £50 is a fair deal? :lol:

haha as if i care!! cant wait to see Paul!!!

Hey

im down for the weekend!!

is there a deal for a signature and photo? as Gazza would cost me £75 for him to sign my pic and for me to have a pic with him? Surely £50 is a fair deal? :lol:

haha as if i care!! cant wait to see Paul!!!

No. The prices are as listed and are final.

think now sugar has pulled out, i think this event needs some new and good sports ppl.... im not impressed with football stars, iv been to a lot of games i know how easy it is to get there autographs for free!!! get some people that are rare to see :)

I think it's worth remembering that this is still a relatively new event so the guest line-up will probably initially reflect that. Personally I think the line-up is pretty solid all things considered, especially when you think there is no entry fee so the organisers have no pool of up front cash to work with.

think now sugar has pulled out, i think this event needs some new and good sports ppl.... im not impressed with football stars, iv been to a lot of games i know how easy it is to get there autographs for free!!! get some people that are rare to see :)

When have you seen Big Ron or Gazza of late? Or Andy Goram & Neville Southall for that matter! I'd say they are all pretty rare.

And, while the 66 stars are regular attendees at events like this, try finding them all in one place - "for free"!!

SM have assembled a great list of footballers. I think we need to embrace this event so that future editions can get better.

Edited by lukeowl

When have you seen Big Ron or Gazza of late?

I still struggle to see Gazza as the 'new' headlining guest.

Lack of marketing for the pair, is with respect possibly much to their own doing. Hence why we haven't seen them.

Any chance of Joe Frazier, he's the boxer who seems to always get overlooked by Showmasters.

I think the point Lukeowl was making was that many of the football guests at this show are not known to be regular attendees at football matches these days so it is not as easy to get their signatures in person for free as DjxTheGame stated.

Also, most of the signatures I've ever managed to get at games for free have been hasty scribbles on tickets or programmes using pens that might not really suit the paper they are written on (I have a semi glossy Chelsea programme cover signed by a number of players that was signed using a biro, the result looks OK but not great!)

Also, most of the signatures I've ever managed to get at games for free have been hasty scribbles on tickets or programmes using pens that might not really suit the paper they are written on (I have a semi glossy Chelsea programme cover signed by a number of players that was signed using a biro, the result looks OK but not great!)

Your views on football sometimes surprise me.

I can't help but think your more of an occational fan, rather than one with a season ticket, or one travels each week to away games.

As there are plenty of opportunities to meet players and obtain something more than a scribble, with the wrong pen. I suggest you either start actually attending, or becoming more of a part of your club.

Hmmm, think you are a bit out on that one, not sure what I've said previously to suggest that I am an occasional fan. The only conversation I can remember having with you on here was where we disagreed about Gazza's signing fees which I wouldn't have thought was much of a barometer!

Admittedly my views on this are mostly gained from Anfield where it is nigh on impossible to see any of the first team before the game let alone get a signature, they literally step straight off the team bus behind metal shutters and straight into the players entrance.

Sometimes near the Directors entrance its possible to get some ex players as they come in but you have to be able to grab them quick, some of the old boys can move surprisingly quickly! The other thing is (and this is where the wrong choice of pen comes in) I don't always tend to think about getting signatures while I am there, just on occasions I have found myself in the right place at the right time, so have had to ask them to sign with whatever I happened to have available. As I tend not to go to games armed with books or a folder full of photos as some do so if I am lucky enough to see a player the best I can usually hope to get is a signature on the match programme or ticket stub. Personally I would rather pay £10/15 and have the item of my choice signed.

Not having a season ticket it is very hard to get to go to away games, so it may well be the players are more accessible at other grounds, I can also imagine that for teams outside the Premier League the players are easier to get to. All I can go by is my personal experiences.

Hmmm, think you are a bit out on that one, not sure what I've said previously to suggest that I am an occasional fan. The only conversation I can remember having with you on here was where we disagreed about Gazza's signing fees which I wouldn't have thought was much of a barometer!

Please forgive me if I jumped to the wrong conclustion, but maybe to set the record straight you could enlighten me to how many games you attended last season?. I assume not living in the city that your team is based does cause even more access problems. Much the same as 95% of Manchester United supporters. :WINCE: