Boxers :-)

iiii

He probably would be popular just think a well known British fighter would bring wider public to the event. Which boxers are you hoping for?

Like I mentioned before I’d love to meet Lenox Lewis, but we already have a massive boxing guest attending so I’d be very surprised if SM managed to land another for this event.

Barry McGuigan was great fun to be around and I think he would be a big draw for fans. Plus with his new autobiography out he might be willing to do this type of event to generate some interest.

He probably would be popular just think a well known British fighter would bring wider public to the event. Which boxers are you hoping for?

Like I mentioned before I’d love to meet Lenox Lewis, but we already have a massive boxing guest attending so I’d be very surprised if SM managed to land another for this event.

Barry McGuigan was great fun to be around and I think he would be a big draw for fans. Plus with his new autobiography out he might be willing to do this type of event to generate some interest.

I've heard Lennox Lewis rarely does signing events such as these. Mcguigan is a great idea, would like to meet him.

Although we already have a massive boxing guest I'm still hoping! Boxers are usually the most popular guests aren't they?

I have only just really started getting boxer's sigs. I got gloves signed by Mike Tyson and Joe Calzaghe at SM events last year, wasn't planning to go to Sportsmania but very tempted for Sugar Ray now, depends how much I spend at LFACC the week before!!

I think I got my autograph gloves from here last year Everlast Autograph Gloves £32 for vinyl or £45 for leather ones.

I have only just really started getting boxer's sigs. I got gloves signed by Mike Tyson and Joe Calzaghe at SM events last year, wasn't planning to go to Sportsmania but very tempted for Sugar Ray now, depends how much I spend at LFACC the week before!!

I think I got my autograph gloves from here last year Everlast Autograph Gloves £32 for vinyl or £45 for leather ones.

Cheers mate I've bought a few pairs from there before, everytime I've rang recently there out of stock. Should be in next week apparently. You should try and make an exception for Sugar Ray, one of the best of all time! Hopefully another big name boxer will be announced.

How was meeting Tyson? Great first couple of boxers sigs for a starter!

Cheers mate I've bought a few pairs from there before, everytime I've rang recently there out of stock. Should be in next week apparently. You should try and make an exception for Sugar Ray, one of the best of all time! Hopefully another big name boxer will be announced.

Yes I am very tempted in going and at the moment there are not alot of guests I plan to meet at LFACC this year, so would love to meet Sugar Ray and also Gazza being a big football fan to.

Meeting Tyson was great even if it was short and sweet, after all watching him knockout Trevor Berbick with that amazing knockdown is one of my earliest boxing memories. I wish I could have afforded a photo shoot as well but the money went towards his sig on the glove I had. Also I have just got back from holiday, and read a book about Tyson which really reminded me not only of how brutual he was when in his early 20s but it also talked about Sugar Ray, Larry Holmes and a few others and as soon as I got home I was on youtube watching some of the classic knockouts over the years.

Yes I am very tempted in going and at the moment there are not alot of guests I plan to meet at LFACC this year, so would love to meet Sugar Ray and also Gazza being a big football fan to.

Meeting Tyson was great even if it was short and sweet, after all watching him knockout Trevor Berbick with that amazing knockdown is one of my earliest boxing memories. I wish I could have afforded a photo shoot as well but the money went towards his sig on the glove I had. Also I have just got back from holiday, and read a book about Tyson which really reminded me not only of how brutual he was when in his early 20s but it also talked about Sugar Ray, Larry Holmes and a few others and as soon as I got home I was on youtube watching some of the classic knockouts over the years.

Yes mate sometimes does get very expensive! how much were they charging for his signature / photoshoot?

Tyson was indeed brutal alot of people forget that in his run to become youngest heavyweight champion he fought like 20 times in a year! Thank god for youtube can re-live so many great moments and some that we may have missed and apart from that good quality full fight DVD's are hard to get hold of!

Yes mate sometimes does get very expensive! how much were they charging for his signature / photoshoot?

Tyson was indeed brutal alot of people forget that in his run to become youngest heavyweight champion he fought like 20 times in a year! Thank god for youtube can re-live so many great moments and some that we may have missed and apart from that good quality full fight DVD's are hard to get hold of!

I think he was £50 for photo shoot, £60 for sig on photo and £100 for gloves, trunks etc. My girlfriend knew how much I wanted to meet him so gave me the money as an early birthday present to meet him and get a sig. It was just a shame I had spent the rest of my money on other guests but it couldn't be helped!

How much do you reckon Sugar Ray's sig will be on a glove? I saw his photoshoot is down as £30, I was thinking that would probably be his price for signing a photo and maybe £40-60 for glove, trunks etc. I have been keeping check on the prices for a while in the hope the thread will be updated soon.

I think he was £50 for photo shoot, £60 for sig on photo and £100 for gloves, trunks etc. My girlfriend knew how much I wanted to meet him so gave me the money as an early birthday present to meet him and get a sig. It was just a shame I had spent the rest of my money on other guests but it couldn't be helped!

How much do you reckon Sugar Ray's sig will be on a glove? I saw his photoshoot is down as £30, I was thinking that would probably be his price for signing a photo and maybe £40-60 for glove, trunks etc. I have been keeping check on the prices for a while in the hope the thread will be updated soon.

Haha I'm hoping to get a few quid from my mrs as well! £100 for one sig is alot but its worth it as one of Tyson's signed gloves can cost up to £300! Did u get both gloves signed? Did u get him to sign your everlast gloves? if so, SWEET! Apart from gloves do you have any other boxing memorabillia?

I'm guessing the price for Sugar Ray sig should be around £40 as well. Paid £50 for Calzaghe sig so £40 for Sugar Ray seems reasonable. I know what you mean, I keep looking as well looks like nothing is up yet. Its always better to know exactly how much you'll need for the event beforehand.

Which other boxers are you hoping are announced?

Mate they've just announced this:

Sugar Ray Leonard.................Sat...............Auto £30 Item £35 (everlast gloves will be available at show at £10 each)

After yesterdays announcements Im sure all of us boxing fans were hoping for at least one more boxer to be added..possibly a British Champ seems most popular from the forums and past events i would also agree with that..

Can I ask if you are looking into getting any more boxers? You dont have to name them just would be good to know if there are anymore in the pipe line?

Thanks in advance

Best wishes

After yesterdays announcements Im sure all of us boxing fans were hoping for at least one more boxer to be added..possibly a British Champ seems most popular from the forums and past events i would also agree with that..

Can I ask if you are looking into getting any more boxers? You dont have to name them just would be good to know if there are anymore in the pipe line?

Thanks in advance

Best wishes

Great question. Totally agree British champ would be most popular. Although another big name US boxer would be great too! It's still early but hopefully they can tell us if they're working on getting more boxers??

Apparently guests can be announced in the week leading up to the event, so you never know!

Haha I'm hoping to get a few quid from my mrs as well! £100 for one sig is alot but its worth it as one of Tyson's signed gloves can cost up to £300! Did u get both gloves signed? Did u get him to sign your everlast gloves? if so, SWEET! Apart from gloves do you have any other boxing memorabillia?

I'm guessing the price for Sugar Ray sig should be around £40 as well. Paid £50 for Calzaghe sig so £40 for Sugar Ray seems reasonable. I know what you mean, I keep looking as well looks like nothing is up yet. Its always better to know exactly how much you'll need for the event beforehand.

Sugar Ray Leonard.................Sat...............Auto £30 Item £35 (everlast gloves will be available at show at £10 each)

I am well happy with Sugar Ray being at £35 for a glove thats cheaper than I thought he would be, happy days!!

I know £100 is alot for one sig but I saw it signed by him with my own eyes and couldn't just buy a glove online for that price so saw it as an investment for the future. I only got one Everlast glove signed it would have been £200 for both! I got the other one signed by Calzaghe, so it went to good use anyway.

Thats the only boxing memorabillia I have so far, I don't just collect boxing sigs, I have a few Chelsea players, plus Star Wars actors as well as quite a few other movie and TV stars, so I have quite a spectrum of interests.

I would love to meet Lewis, Bruno or Benn from the Brits. Out of the three Benn would be high up there for me, I used to really enjoy watching his fights over the years, he had some battles.

I'd also like to meet Holyfield, Foreman, Holmes, Hagler, Duran, of course the ultimate would be Ali, but we all know thats never going to happen.

I am well happy with Sugar Ray being at £35 for a glove thats cheaper than I thought he would be, happy days!!

I know £100 is alot for one sig but I saw it signed by him with my own eyes and couldn't just buy a glove online for that price so saw it as an investment for the future. I only got one Everlast glove signed it would have been £200 for both! I got the other one signed by Calzaghe, so it went to good use anyway.

Thats the only boxing memorabillia I have so far, I don't just collect boxing sigs, I have a few Chelsea players, plus Star Wars actors as well as quite a few other movie and TV stars, so I have quite a spectrum of interests.

I would love to meet Lewis, Bruno or Benn from the Brits. Out of the three Benn would be high up there for me, I used to really enjoy watching his fights over the years, he had some battles.

I'd also like to meet Holyfield, Foreman, Holmes, Hagler, Duran, of course the ultimate would be Ali, but we all know thats never going to happen.

Agreed mate think £35 is a great price for Sugar Ray can hopefully get 2 gloves signed now. All of those fighters sound great. Benn was a warrior. Ali would be my dream guest, absolute legend.

Alot of those guys like Duran, Hagler, Hearns, Frazier, la Motta have done signings in the UK in the past couple of years. If your new to boxing memorabilia like me then it can be depressing looking at some of the past events and the great boxers that have attended!

Hopefully showmasters have a few more boxers in the pipeline.

To go into a completely different league and era how about asking some off the all time great from the late great Sugar ray Robinson era, Jake LaMotta (who had the Raging Bull with Robert Deniro starred in) also on top of Lamotta I think it would be brilliant and once in a life time to meet Carmen Basilio and Gene Fullmer..truly great men and great Champs. If these guys aren;t a huge draw to any boxing enthusiast I dont know who would be..

Please do take into consideration those three great names.

Best wishes as always

Looking for a bit of advice folks. I'm going to get a photo for Sugar Ray Leonard to autograph but the question is which big fight should I get.

I've narrowed it down to 2, so should I get Sugar Ray vs Roberto Duran or Marvin Hagler, any suggestion?

Looking for a bit of advice folks. I'm going to get a photo for Sugar Ray Leonard to autograph but the question is which big fight should I get.

I've narrowed it down to 2, so should I get Sugar Ray vs Roberto Duran or Marvin Hagler, any suggestion?

Hey like yourself I'll be going to meet Sugar Ray too, have his autograph but just HAVE to meet him a true icon. Personally I'd go for the 'No Mas' Duran fight, was punch perfect then or maybe the 1st Hearns fight? That was 1 of the all time great fights (along with Hagler-Hearns of course) Leonard dug so deep to get that win.

Whatever you choose you can't go wrong buddy, awesome fighter and I'm sure you'll have a great time meeting him.

I can't wait :P

Hey like yourself I'll be going to meet Sugar Ray too, have his autograph but just HAVE to meet him a true icon. Personally I'd go for the 'No Mas' Duran fight, was punch perfect then or maybe the 1st Hearns fight? That was 1 of the all time great fights (along with Hagler-Hearns of course) Leonard dug so deep to get that win.

Whatever you choose you can't go wrong buddy, awesome fighter and I'm sure you'll have a great time meeting him.

I can't wait :thumbup:

Agreed buddy, any picture of Sugar Ray Leonard from those 3 fights would be perfect. Maybe even a picture of him holding all of his championship belts

I can't wait :P

Agreed buddy, any picture of Sugar Ray Leonard from those 3 fights would be perfect. Maybe even a picture of him holding all of his championship belts

Problem is the company I’m using doesn’t have the most extensive range. They have some great images from the Sugar Ray-Hearns fight but that ended in a draw, and I real want one from a title victory.

The best they have is from the 1989 Sugar Ray-Duran WBC Super Middleweight title fight (the 3rd time they faced each other) with Duran on the ropes…not a bad image to have signed eh?

I did find a stunning photo of Sugar Ray flooring Dave Green and was tempted to get them both to sign it. Although I don’t know if Dave Green would have been to happy autographing a photo of him being KO’d.

I can't wait :YAHOO:

Problem is the company I’m using doesn’t have the most extensive range. They have some great images from the Sugar Ray-Hearns fight but that ended in a draw, and I real want one from a title victory.

The best they have is from the 1989 Sugar Ray-Duran WBC Super Middleweight title fight (the 3rd time they faced each other) with Duran on the ropes…not a bad image to have signed eh?

I did find a stunning photo of Sugar Ray flooring Dave Green and was tempted to get them both to sign it. Although I don’t know if Dave Green would have been to happy autographing a photo of him being KO’d.

Yes mate that is a great image. Why not try and get hold of one of his fight posters? The Leonard Duran ones are amazing and not too expensive. the super fight poster with Hagler is one of the best fight posters ever. What else are you hoping to have signed by Sugar Ray?

Yes mate that is a great image. Why not try and get hold of one of his fight posters? The Leonard Duran ones are amazing and not too expensive. the super fight poster with Hagler is one of the best fight posters ever. What else are you hoping to have signed by Sugar Ray?

Think it'll just be the photo, I got a glove signed by him a while ago.

But the fight poster is a great idea, where do you get them from? This event is getting more expensive by the day!

Think it'll just be the photo, I got a glove signed by him a while ago.

But the fight poster is a great idea, where do you get them from? This event is getting more expensive by the day!

Very true, myself and my wallet are at odds right now lol. What other fighters signed gloves do you have?

Theres a great website called KO fight posters but their a bit expensive or you can get reproductions easily from ebay.