SCARIEST SCENES

Indiana

dunno which nightmare on elm street it is. but i remember being with my older cousins watching it when i was real young. and a part in 1 of the moives where he takes a girls head of and she is still talking!!!!! that scared the s**t outta me!!! took my ages to get over being scared of freddy. my own fault shouldnt of watched them so young.

p.s. does any1 which film that part was in????

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dunno which nightmare on elm street it is. but i remember being with my older cousins watching it when i was real young. and a part in 1 of the moives where he takes a girls head of and she is still talking!!!!! that scared the s**t outta me!!! took my ages to get over being scared of freddy. my own fault shouldnt of watched them so young.

p.s. does any1 which film that part was in????

He took a girl's mother's head off in Part III: Dream Warriors I believe (or maybe 4) and it kept talking. Is that the one you mean?

Obi-Wan :headscratch:

Oh thank god you think so too, im not a freak then....unless your a freak...

oh god..

erhm well, i dunno if i'm a freak.

what is normal these days eh? :blink:

no don't think i'm a freak or am i ..............

hmmmmmmm nope i think i'm just crazy . :)

That bit from the shining is s*** scary isn't it.

Actually most bits from the shining are s*** scary.

Its a very disturbing film. I have always wanted the pictures that scatman corruthers has on his wall though!

oh tons of it is funny, prime bits being :

"i'm not gonna hurt you, i'm just gonna smash your brains in, i'm gonna smash them right the f*** in"

the fact that the cook dude spends half the movie driving back to the place only to get axed as soon as he walks in.

that shot of Nicholson staring out of the window with that same facial expression.

"Little pigs, little pigs, let me in. Not by the hair of your chiny-chin-chin? Well then I'll huff and I'll puff, and I'll blow your house in. "

all absolute classic bits that were just stupidly funny.

I'm a big horror fan and two scenes that I can't

watch in horror films are not because they are

scary but that they look real are :

1) Kurt Russell cutting everyones thumbs

to extract blood in The Thing.

2) The father ripping the back of his hand

while carrying a bed in Hellraiser.

My jumpy moment must be in An American

Werewolf in London, when David is dreaming

about himself in a hospital bed in the forestand

the camera flashes on him with an evil face.

I didn't sleep for a week but I was only 12 at

the time.

:wub:

It doesn't spook me now but when I was a kid it was the first time I saw Michael Myers sit up and look left after Laurie had left him for dead outside that closet. That was so eerie, and the way he slowly ambled toward her in the background afterwards.

Obi-Wan :o

It doesn't spook me now but when I was a kid it was the first time I saw Michael Myers sit up and look left after Laurie had left him for dead outside that closet. That was so eerie, and the way he slowly ambled toward her in the background afterwards.

Obi-Wan <_<

Yeah the first time I found that film it scared the crap out of me.

The bit where she is trying to get back into the house and tommy is asleep is just edge of the seat stuff!

I also was scared in a similar way when Michael was after Laurie in Halloween 2. the bit with the lift and everything.

Another scene I found really quite terrifying was from the mothman prophecies. where he is on the phone with Indrid Cold.

or whatever he was called.

I've read John Keel's book as well, although he tends to jump to conclusions that suit his theory, it is a very interesting book. Worth reading if you have seen the mothman prophecies.

Im on a roll here -

The other one I remembered was from Night of the Hunter with Robert Mitchum.

One of the scenes, is I think, where his shadow is on the wall of the childrens bedroom.

and the other is where there is a lady (I cant remember who it is, I've not seen it for years). I think it is the childrens mother. Anyway she is dead in her car and you see her underwater, its very eerie, and beautifully shot.

I agree with all that's been said about the ending of Carrie. I was so shocked mainly because it happened to Sue who only ever tried to help - I just wasn't expecting it. Loved the backwards filming of that scene.

The Shining terrified me! I think the scene that got to me the most was the "redrum" scene. The man and the mouse was creepy too. I wish someone would release the full version of the film on dvd in this country. I managed to catch it on sky, though.

Of recent films, I'm still too scarred to rewatch Ring 0. I've got the dvd, maybe one day I'll build up the nerve. The bit where Saduko is outside the entrance to the wooden house and then appears inside it as well! It spooked me.

*please read my sig*

Edited by babyFrodo

• 4 years later...

Been a long time since anything was written here, so has anyone thought of any more scariest scenes since 2004?

I also remember being spooked by Pipes in Ghostwatch back in 1992 when it was on BBC. But then I was slightly...erm...drunk... and thought it was real at the time.

Been a long time since anything was written here, so has anyone thought of any more scariest scenes since 2004?

I also remember being spooked by Pipes in Ghostwatch back in 1992 when it was on BBC. But then I was slightly...erm...drunk... and thought it was real at the time.

omg i was just a child, i was sooooooooooo scared by this. i still think of it at nights lol

The bit in The Ring where the girl comes out the TV.

The bit in The Amitiville Horror (1979) where the ghost's face appears from fireplace-thing at the end.

The ghost whispering to the kid thru his earphones in The Amitiville Horror: The Possesion.

The quick flashes of Beelzebub in The Exorcist.

Most of the attack scenes in The Entity (1981) especially in the bed and in the living room with her family.

One of the Hammer horror films where a dad goes into an underground cavern to kill his vampire-turned daughter. Dunno the name.

The kid floating out the window in Salem's Lot and also when David Sould is alone in the morgue/hospital room with an awakening vampire ("Danny!!").

Sad to say, Samara climbing out of the TV in The Ring freaked me out when I first saw it.

Weirdly The Exorcist trailer freaked me out more than then film. Ummm, Thirteen Ghosts freaked me out, no bit in particular.

Oh, and in New Nightmare, when Freddy drags the babysitter up the wall scared me to death, I watched it one Christmas when I was about 9.

And apparently I was terrified of The Blob when I was a kid, and in Gremlins the part in the school with the brain and the gremlin saying 'yummy, yummy'. (I begged to watch this when I was about 5 apparently)

When I was a kid, the window tapping in Salem's Lot freaked me out. It's the one horror moment that stuck in my head ever since. Viewing it now (as a 30-year old) it's still an amazing film/mini-series. The glimpse of Pipes in Ghostwatch too.

As an adult, the bit that scared me more than anything, and still does no matter how many times I see it, is the end of Ring-0. The whole sequence from her getting "posessed" through to the suicide in the cabin. But the main moment was her sliding round the corner in her unnatural way. Loads of other Asian horrors have had moments that are almost as terrifying, Dark Water, Ju-Rei The Uncanny, Ju-On, The Eye and Ringu (her coming out the TV, with weird scraping metal noises in the background).