Guests

Myself205

I would just like to say that the biggest concern for me would be the guest talks.....What can they actually talk about?? If they are bound to secrecy then surely there is only their acting careers to talk about?? We are going there to talk, eat, sleep TWILIGHT??

I know you can never please everyone all the time and I also know that the small actors have proven to be great fun, but at the end of the day if they (All 3 of them) cannot talk about Twilight.......????????

Can someone please explain what they are likely to talk about?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I am going to say is this.

I am happy for the 4 guests that have been announced, end of.

At least when the last two films are released, we can look back and think 'I am glad I met them'

It was like with Bill Tangradi... everyone flipped that he hadn't been in the Saga yet, but once the convention was over, all I heard was how much everyone loved him.

I will be at ET6, I bought my ticket, not even thinking of Kellan Lutz... It's a weekend away, for me to meet up with friends, an excuse to go to 3 parties all weekend, talk about twilight and meet some cast members while at it.

I don't really care who the cast members are, as long as there are cast members there! And to go with it, I think I am the only one who prefers the smaller guests,.... or maybe I am just Team Volturi too much

LIKE :D

In addition, when Peter cancelled ET4, SM/ME did a fantastic job of getting a fab guest panel at short notice, so I trust them to make my weekend great. It's a whole three days away from my children, my job, my cat and worrying about life in general. I understand why some people worry about what the guests might talk about etc. but we have no idea what will happen at this con. SM appear to be the sort of people who think everything through, plan ahead and consider their attendees before making any decision. I'm sure they have one or two surprises up their sleeves, and even if they don't - I'm happy to be there.

Thanks guys - less than six months to go :D

I had a quick read through an saw kellans name mentioned, and people not being happy and 'cake and eating it too'....... I think the problem actually is not slot of people expect him to show and are waiting for him to cancel. Although he is booked in good faith, he has cancelled alot of cons in the past..... Thats no reflection on SM, but rather his reputation for cons......

And no before anyone starts, I don't blame or begrudge guests who have to cancel for work commitments, work is work. So no one try through that old argument back at me please lol

I understand it's a worry and we can only hope it doesn't happen. It's the risk you take by getting a single BIG guest unfortunately.

I have everything crossed, it will certainly be amazing if he does stick with it :) I may even cry alittle when he walks on stage on the friday night lol

All I am going to say is this.

I am happy for the 4 guests that have been announced, end of.

At least when the last two films are released, we can look back and think 'I am glad I met them'

It was like with Bill Tangradi... everyone flipped that he hadn't been in the Saga yet, but once the convention was over, all I heard was how much everyone loved him.

I will be at ET6, I bought my ticket, not even thinking of Kellan Lutz... It's a weekend away, for me to meet up with friends, an excuse to go to 3 parties all weekend, talk about twilight and meet some cast members while at it.

I don't really care who the cast members are, as long as there are cast members there! And to go with it, I think I am the only one who prefers the smaller guests,.... or maybe I am just Team Volturi too much

I love meeting the smaller guests, bought my ticket at ET5 and it wasn't for Kellan as I've met him before. I go to the events to meet anyone from Twilight, to have a great time and to have a great weekend. :)

I think it just needs to be reiterated here that from what we can tell, most people and certainly as far as myself & sister are concerned, the problem or issue has nothing to do with "smaller" guests!!

I think the point many are trying to make has gotten a little lost a long the way. The worry here is not the lack of screen time their character has within the saga....but rather more the fact that come the time of the con, the films would not yet have been released and the guests legally will not be able to talk about them.

We can only ask so many questions about this, that and the other but what is the point of having guests at a con when most of them can't talk about the reason they are there in the first place?

We all know that Cullens are more expensive to get, that Twi actors are getting harder to secure and all the other things we are told time and time again & that you can never please everybody...obviously there will always be some people who "want their cake and it eat" but they are the minority and I just hope we all dont get tarred with the same brush.

It is true that many folk wanted a "big" guest and as a result of that would mean slightly smaller amount of guests, we all knew that, most accepted it & is not the problem. Bring all the "smaller" guest's you want along with that one "big" guest, but surely it would have been more helpful to have smaller guests that can tell us about the work they have done?

TBH, we was not aware of Kellans reputation for cancelling, though i'm sure ME rather we didnt focus on that, as it hasn't happened to us yet but you have to be realistic. If he is known for pulling out, it poses more of a potential issue when it comes to the remainder of the guests and one that shouldnt be overlooked. (Not saying ME will:) )

P:S just wanted to add, we did not buy our tix's solely for kellan though he was a draw. We bought them because we want to meet cast from the films... any & all cast but ideally would like to have seen them in action just a little first :D

Edited by gemma85

I think it just needs to be reiterated here that from what we can tell, most people and certainly as far as myself & sister are concerned, the problem or issue has nothing to do with "smaller" guests!!

I think the point many are trying to make has gotten a little lost a long the way. The worry here is not the lack of screen time their character has within the saga....but rather more the fact that come the time of the con, the films would not yet have been released and the guests legally will not be able to talk about them.

We can only ask so many questions about this, that and the other but what is the point of having guests at a con when most of them can't talk about the reason they are there in the first place?

We all know that Cullens are more expensive to get, that Twi actors are getting harder to secure and all the other things we are told time and time again & that you can never please everybody...obviously there will always be some people who "want their cake and it eat" but they are the minority and I just hope we all dont get tarred with the same brush.

It is true that many folk wanted a "big" guest and as a result of that would mean slightly smaller amount of guests, we all knew that, most accepted it & is not the problem. Bring all the "smaller" guest's you want along with that one "big" guest, but surely it would have been more helpful to have smaller guests that can tell us about the work they have done?

TBH, we was not aware of Kellans reputation for cancelling, though i'm sure ME rather we didnt focus on that, as it hasn't happened to us yet but you have to be realistic. If he is known for pulling out, it poses more of a potential issue when it comes to the remainder of the guests and one that shouldnt be overlooked. (Not saying ME will:) )

P:S just wanted to add, we did not buy our tix's solely for kellan though he was a draw. We bought them because we want to meet cast from the films... any & all cast but ideally would like to have seen them in action just a little first :D

Well said!!! This is exactly what im getting at , NOONE is complaining of them being Small Guests , we all just want SOMEONE from twilight, that we have seen , be it a cullen , wolf , volturi , part of the high school crowd ANYTHING twilight that WE have seen! We then would be able to talk twilight!

The majority Of stars attending havnt been in twilight. We havent SEEN them. We are paying ALOT of money to go see people that cant talk about twilight ,

As above i booked this ticket to see people from the films. To feel alittle star struck , that butterfly feeling when you meet someone you have watched for such a long time ( NO MATTER HOW BIG OR SMALL star) but we will not get that. To be honest i could walk past these people thinking there just one of us!

Again it doesnt bother who what and where , but someone that is actaully in Twilight at this present time , is alot different to someone we havnt seen let alone ask questions too about .. nothing?

Unfortunatly , i have a feeling Kellan will cancel , as does alot of others i know, just a hunch from past conventions. Cant be helped i know.

As of now , i dont want to go , as does other i have spoken to. Im kicking myself booking these tickets.

I think i'd be going now just for the hotel and a get away , shame it cost me an Extra £80 on top.

I sound ungrateful , but i guess what im saying is , im incredibly dissapointed, working myself up for the first convention , of seeing twilight Stars , but paying to see no one. Well maybe Kellan IF he turns up.

• Showmasters Admin

Think you'll find it'll be fine. OK the BD guests may not be able to talk about specifics about BD but that does stop questions like....

What was it like on set?

Did anything fun happen on set?

Did any of you play tricks on each other?

Was is a bit them and us with the new vs established cast?

At previous events we've not had that many specific question, like "What was it like in xyz scene with abc?" so I don't think it's going to be that much of an issue.

I'm genuinely confused why people think Breaking Dawn actors will have nothing to talk about. They'll be restricted with regards to discussing the content of the BD movies specifically, but that's all.

They can talk about the previous movies, other actors, off-camera stories from the set, what Rob P smells like in real life, their own thoughts on the franchise, and what their favourite cheese is because an idiot somebody is bound to ask the question again.

Years ago I assisted an actor who was pretty much a nobody at the time - he'd been in a big movie, but only for a few scenes and he died at the end. He came to sign at one of our events and wasn't very busy so he really took the time to talk to the people who came to get his autograph. I sat with him all day and even though he could have done with a shower, he was a nice enough bloke. A couple of years later he was cast in Twilight and became a household name, but everyone who saw Rob while he was just "a kid from Harry Potter" got to spend some real time with someone they wouldn't even get close to these days.

A few years before that, I met a different actor and I kick myself frequently for not getting an autograph from him. He was hot even then, but I was broke and didn't think an autograph was worth the money when he'd only been in 2 seasons of a show I'd only seen a few episodes of. Now Bradley Cooper is a household name too and starred in the A Team, Hangover, etc. That was a bonehead move on my part. Doh!

I just think that people should try to stop focussing on the negatives and try to see the upside. I'm not suggesting one of them might be a future Oscar winner, but you never know what these guys might go on to do.

Just my 2p.

Also, it's only April and unless I'm REALLY behind on sending out reg letters, we've still got 6 months to go....

I'd rather not have repeat guests if possible. But alas thats how it goes sometimes and I know not everyone has attended all the cons. Would like someone like Michael Sheen, Rami, Lee Pace (I think I'd die if he came lol) See you're all going on about not wanting to see breaking dawn people but seriously I wouldnt say no to the above mentioned ones :)

Still soooooo long to go I really dont see peoples issue with this so early on. Just my thoughts!

*Runs and hides before the en-slaught begins*

am glad you posted as I read all posts and realised the ideas of my topic changed.

Yes we could ask other questions to the guests but 3 of them, we'll get similar answers and I don't need them to answer some questions about "Rob" etc... Some questions are not very good.

Any way guests have been booked... we now have to wait and see if SM/ME announce more guests and what's happening with Kellan

Years ago I assisted an actor who was pretty much a nobody at the time - he'd been in a big movie, but only for a few scenes and he died at the end. He came to sign at one of our events and wasn't very busy so he really took the time to talk to the people who came to get his autograph. I sat with him all day and even though he could have done with a shower, he was a nice enough bloke. A couple of years later he was cast in Twilight and became a household name, but everyone who saw Rob while he was just "a kid from Harry Potter" got to spend some real time with someone they wouldn't even get close to these days.

This is truly my biggest bug bare of not finding out about showmasters/massive events earlier, this posts is a bit off topic so apologises lol, but I was like in love with cedric diggory and became a massive fan of robert pattinson, had his photo on my wall (to which all my friends were like ewwwwww, soon changed their tune lol) etc...... haha

I can understand where people are coming from and in the past I would've been one of the people maybe piping' up, however I can guarantee once this event has passed the same people complaining will be the same people singing the praises of these relatively unknowns, the positive of having guys like this is that they haven't had chance yet to grow an ego, they tend to be down to earth etc....

Charlie Bewley and Daniel Cudmore were both @ twiproms without us seeing them in the films and they got a rave review, all im saying is everyone is entitled to their opinion, but don't judge the actual actors before you see them, you might love it then feel silly afterwards!

Edited by Talie

Am not really moaning about the guests as said before... Am not happy to have 3 guests who won't be allowed to speak about the movie. It's too many. These weekends are expensive, am coming for the guests mainly not for parties etc like some do

I have to say I'm pretty stoked about the guests announced so far. I think they'll be great regardless of the fact they're not legally allowed to discuss the film. Who cares if we've not seen them in the film yet, it means when we do see it we'll be like "aww he/she was fab at ET6" and if they become mega famous we'll be like "erm yeah I met him before he was THAT famous, lovely lad" lol.

My friend and me just love getting away from reality for a whole weekend knowing that everyone around us is there for the same thing.

Seriously CANNOT wait.

BRING. IT. ON!

Why is there so much talk about Kellan cancelling?

That hasn't happened yet, unless I am missing something.

Agree that it will be difficult with 3 guests that may be limited in what they can say but I am sure they will all be lovely.

I would love for another couple of guests to be added who have been in the previous films, don't know how likely this is though.

I honestly dont think i will be at this one so Im not too bothered(i know I said that last time but this time I have a wedding to go to) about missing these guest BUT ROFL that before every convention we get a smart give us some credit coming on to stir it up "blah blah blah but this is MY opinion blah blah"

I honestly dont think i will be at this one so Im not too bothered(i know I said that last time but this time I have a wedding to go to) about missing these guest BUT ROFL that before every convention we get a smart give us some credit coming on to stir it up "blah blah blah but this is MY opinion blah blah"

[/quote

Ok, are you talking about me? Calling me "smart"??