sell my ticket

Team edcob

I am sadly no longer able to attend ET6 (gutted) i have a silver ticket and of course i dont want to throw my money away..

so i was wondering if a resale is possible? - i know you have to sell out before you let people sell their tickets, but it is just not cool to loose that amount of money :)

• Showmasters Admin

Sorry but all tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable and so can not be resold.

As you appear to be aware ME do have a resale policy but only if the entire show sells out. I'm afraid until that happens you can't re-sell your ticket.

Unless the show sells out no, I'm afraid a re-sale is not possible.

The exact re-sell policy can be found here:

http://massiveevents.co.uk/eternaltwilight6/info.php?resell

If you can't go and the policy doesn't come into effect, maybe a friend could at least pick up your autographs?

EDIT: I need to type more fast.

EDIT 2 (because Yvie is right and this could be misunderstood): I meant could a friend who's already attending pick up your autographs?

If you can't go and the policy doesn't come into effect, maybe a friend could at least pick up your autographs?

To clarify, this would need to be a friend who is already attending the event on their own ticket.

Full Terms and conditions of sale, to which you agreed when making your purchase, can be found here.

Sorry.

• Showmasters Admin

What if all silver tickets sell out and smoebody wants a silver ?

Sorry but as stated previously the re-sell policy only comes into force if the WHOLE event sells out, not a specific type of ticket.

yeah. it sucks..

and i cant really see the point in not allowing people who are unable to attend refund of resell their ticket, in my eyes thats bad service, im sorry, but thats just my oppinion :)

and before someone comments - yes i knew it when i bought the ticket that that is just the way it is.

There are very good reasons for not allowing refunds. If refunds were allowed then the system would just be abused.

1. Ticket touts would find out that that refunds are allowed and jump on the band wagon pretty quickly. It would be easy to duplicate the registration letters, sell them to an unsuspecting person with the premise of being unable to attend etc. The end result would be extra people turning up, all with the same ticket number.

2. People would just buy a ticket and wait until the final guest line-up is known. If they are not happy with it they will just ask for a refund. Now imagine all of the other reasons that may crop up, "I can't attend because something else has come up/I can't get there/I can't get accomodation/etc"

The organiser could find themselves handing out refunds left, right and centre at events. This is money that would already have been allocated towards the event. Who would pay for that? The other attendees who have turned up, or the organiser? It wouldn't be fair for the other attendess to. No organiser should be expected cover these types of losses of revenue for the event themselves either. This would become a regular occurrence and it probably wouldn't take long before they would they have to stop running the events purely due to financial reasons.

There are probably other reasons as well. It is a fair system. I would be very surprised if refunds are ever allowed.

I don't think you can generally get refunds for any sort of ticket for events in general. I know when I buy gig/concert tickets you only get a refund if the event is cancelled granted yes I know who I'm buying for then and you're also not supposed to resell those tickets the only reason you can is because they don't have a name on.

I don't think you can generally get refunds for any sort of ticket for events in general.

Ticketmaster have a resale arm

GET ME IN! - Fan Resale Marketplace

Unable to go? Resell your ticket at GET ME IN! (GET ME IN! Limited is an independent company owned by the Ticketmaster Group).

At another Convention (won´t name it) it´s possible to sell your ticket. You only have to pay for the costs it brings.

I don´t like the fact that you can´t sell your ticket. And I think this is a reason why a lot of possile attendees wait to buy their tickets so long... because there´s no way to get money back if a guest cancels. I do also think like that. After I had this problem one time I wait until a few weeks before the con to order the tickets.

• Moderators

I'm sure Ticketmaster are a slightly bigger organisation than ME and as such can afford to do stuff like that. I don't think it's really comparable.

I think offering a refund option could destroy ME to be honest. Sounds a bit dramatic but with so many guest changes etc, I think the rate of people pulling out would be quite high, and ME as a business would not cope. Same with any con organiser really unless they're incredibly rich!

I do understand why they can´t give refunds. But why is it not possible to sell the tickets. I mean, they wouldn´t loose money cause they would not have to give a refund and the person who sells the ticket could pay for the organisation costs for the transcription. I think everyone who can´t attend a Con would be pleased if there would be such a chance and maybe they would sell even more tickets cause there WOUD BE A CHANCE to sell the ticket and to get some money back (from the buyer) :P

Allowing attendees to sell on tickets still does not eliminate the problem of the ticket scalpers grabbing tickets and then selling them at high prices. Especially during the very height of ET popularity this would have been an enormous problem, and this is definitely something ME are trying to avoid.

I mean, they wouldn´t loose money

Strictly speaking they would loose money, because the other person is not buying an additional new ticket then.

yes, but hello? If they really think like that, than they only think about to get money money money... (And usually an organisation should also try to make clients happy) I mean, if someone can´t attend or does not want to attend, there should be a chance to get money back.

They surely WOULD sell more tickets ... sell tickets faster.. so they could invite better guests... bla bla bla.. you know the game.

Other cons don´t have problems with scalpers as well. Nobody would buy a ticket at a higher prize if the con is not sold out... that´s moronic! The only reason could be a better ticket number.. but, if there are people who would buy tickets at higher prizes cause of the number.. why not.. ME already sold the ticket at that point...

Don´t get the problem!

yes, but hello? If they really think like that, than they only think about to get money money money... (And usually an organisation should also try to make clients happy) I mean, if someone can´t attend or does not want to attend, there should be a chance to get money back.

That's why I said "strictly speaking", just to show you that your statement about them not losing money is wrong. Do they care about losing money? They do want to make the clients happy, but they are an organisation and yes, they can not afford to run events at a loss forever, they need to make some money.

They surely WOULD sell more tickets ... sell tickets faster.. so they could invite better guests... bla bla bla..

This discussion has come up about 20 times before, and I'm afraid this is again something that I will have to politely disagree on, again.

The ticket resell policy as it is was implemented only when several requests and suggestions came up after an ET show. Before that no resales were allowed at all, with one exception being a previously sold out show.

I am sure ME have not come up with that policy out of the blue, but have given the whole thing a lot of thought. And I am convinced those thoughts included "is this actually doable from the budget point of view?"

The whole thing is about finding a balance, and the current balance is the resell policy they came up with. Other events may have a different balance, I have no idea how they do their budget.

Other cons don´t have problems with scalpers as well. Nobody would buy a ticket at a higher prize if the con is not sold out... that´s moronic! The only reason could be a better ticket number.. but, if there are people who would buy tickets at higher prizes cause of the number.. why not.. ME already sold the ticket at that point...

Don´t get the problem!

People will buy tickets at a higher price. Just think Rob is announced. There will be people who pay 4 digit prices for low numbered tickets for sure. You may think it's moronic, but a lot of people will pay.

And that is something ME do not want to happen, because contrary what you seem to think they do care about their attendees. They want the tickets to go to the people they support them first (hence why often the tickets for the next show go on sale at the current one), and not to those who have the biggest paycheck.

No, they do not want that to happen because they would not be the ones who would get the money... :P

SORRY but I have to say it again.. and you can tell me whatever you want: I think it would be good for ME and for the attendees if they could sell the tickets!!! I do know all your arguments but I don´t think so. I told you my opinion!

And, what do you think, why you had this conversation a lot of times already? I think, a lot of people think the same like me.

Oh and, other events don´t have problems with it... why would they? I mean, THEY DO SELL THE TICKETS. only because you can sell your ticket not everybody would do that. So you think it´s fun to buy a ticket and to sell it again? You would only sell it, if you can´t attend or if the main guest you wanted to see cancels. this are understandable reasons!!! But ME would not loose money only because maybe 10 people sell their tickets.. I do still think they would sell more tickets because the people would not think about to buy tickets as long as they have to now... because there would be the chance to sell them!

Edited by scar!

• Moderators

Only ME know the full financial logistics of running their events, and if they feel that it's not a viable option to simply have a sell-on policy then we all have to respect that.

Until any of us are in the position where we're putting our finances at risk, I think it's safe to say that we have to leave the decision making up to those in charge.

Personally I don't see a way of keeping everyone happy. Some people accept the risks, and others don't. That's just the way things go unfortunately. I see people wanting refunds all the time because they only wanted Charlie Bewley or they only wanted a Cullen etc. It's clear why refunds aren't available. And selling on is, as QS has said, a very tricky situation too. Nothing is ever straight forward.

see edit above!

And no, i do see the posts in here as well. And most of the people are pissed when an actor cancels but only like 1 or 2 want a refund..

et6 is another situation. The guests at that point are not worth a con for like 500 € everything together yet.

I am not trying to talk you out of your personal opinion, that is definitely not my intention.

I was just trying to explain why ME came up with the current rules, and stated my own opinion why I agree with them. ME really didn't implement those rules just to annoy you, and it did sound to me a little like you thought they just decided on this on a whim.

I mean, THEY DO SELL THE TICKETS. only because you can sell your ticket not everybody would do that. So you think it´s fun to buy a ticket and to sell it again? You would only sell it, if you can´t attend or if the main guest you wanted to see cancels. this are understandable reasons!!! But ME would not loose money only because maybe 10 people sell their tickets.

I am not saying that someone will sell their ticket for sh*t and giggles. However, yes, I am convinced if the sale was open and ticket transfers were allowed we'd have scalpers jumping in and buying up a lot of tickets. Just look on Ebay Germany for the more popular concerts like Usher or the Justin Bieber show. A friend in the US wanted to take her daughter to a Hannah Montana concert two years ago. She had to pay through the nose for really bad seats because scalpers bought up a lot of tickets.

And yeah, I am thinking if someone is a fan of the wolves, no wolf is announced and instead Rob would come as headliner said person would very likely be tempted to sell their ticket, make profit and instead book for the next one, hoping a wolf will attend. I am not saying I blame them, but I am saying this could happen.

But the important thing is the part I have bolded: attendees wanting to cancel if their main draw cancels. Let's say Kellan can't attend any more. Just look at the forum here, how many posts are worrying about that. There would be way more than 10 requests for refunds. Then guest B cancels. 10 or 15 more requests. Guest C. 10 more.

This adds up easily to very high numbers. That's something I think you are totally underestimating.

EDIT: David, you type more fast than me. :firedevil:

Personally I don't see a way of keeping everyone happy. Some people accept the risks, and others don't. That's just the way things go unfortunately.

Yes, that's true. For the Stargate show 7.2 I got up early and got Gold Ticket 1. My friends were like "are you nuts?!" because they didn't even announce a guest beforehand. A couple of weeks after that Joe Flanigan was announced. That draw a lot of "I should have joined you!" replies, and that gamble paid off in the end. :P

I always feel a bit odd replying to threads like these because I run the online shop for Massive Events, but I thought I'd weigh in this time. MY COMMENTS ARE MY OWN AND DO NOT REFLECT ME'S POLICY, OPINION OR BUSINESS MODEL/PLANS. There, that being said....

Massive Events are very transparent and honest about their policies regarding refunds and they're in place to protect the events.

Running a convention is a massive financial undertaking and ticket money is used to pay for hotels, flights, actors' fees and many other costs that are incurred when running an event such as this. This means that refunding tickets could jeopardise a particular guest's appearance, or even future events. It is for this reason that they can't allow refunds. Reselling of tickets is prohibited for similar reasons, for security reasons and to avoid more unscrupulous people using our events to make money out of fans such as yourselves.

A resold/transferred ticket is a potential sale of £80-£200+ that will not go to Massive Events. Five resold Gold tickets is over a grand that could have gone towards getting another guest. I'm not privy to the actual figures, but anyone can imagine how expensive Kellan Lutz is going to be. He's hardly coming over on a budget flight, staying in a standard room and being fed with a jumbo pack of sausage rolls from the nearest Tesco.

When you purchase a ticket for one of ME's shows, you agree to very specific T&Cs regarding your ticket. I'm an advocate of "if you don't ask, you don't get" but once your request has been denied, please have the courtesy to accept that decision. Moaning and arguing about it on the event's forums is very unlikely to change their policy.

But even if it would be like that, they wouldn´t get refunds! ME would not have to pay them back. They would have to try to sell the ticket by themeselves. :P

And, I think you can´t compare a concert with a convention. Of course, it could happen, that some people would buy tickets to sell them to a higher prize. But, look at the organisation ... They would have to tell ME the name of the new owner etc... and, one person can only one ticket anyway... so there would not be the chance to buy like 100 tickets to sell them at higher prices...

Edit:

ME can do whatever they want... I just wanted to tell you my opinion. I won´t attend ET 6.. (just thinkin about Hallowhedon, but i´ll wait long till i really would buy my ticket) Not worth it... But I think, it´s just unfair for the people that already bought tickets that they don´t have a chance to get money back... if they are ill, if the main reason cancelled or whatver... JUST MY OPINION!

Cons are very expensive....

Edited by scar!

But even if it would be like that, they wouldn´t get refunds! ME would not have to pay them back. They would have to try to sell the ticket by themeselves. :firedevil:

Yvie and you have posted almost at the same time. She explained what I was trying to say way better, so I'll save myself some typing there because I agree with her post and couldn't have said it any better.

And, I think you can´t compare a concert with a convention. Of course, it could happen, that some people would buy tickets to sell them to a higher prize. But, look at the organisation ... They would have to tell ME the name of the new owner etc... and, one person can only one ticket anyway... so there would not be the chance to buy like 100 tickets to sell them at higher prices...

I could have used soccer games too if you prefer that. At least my local club does the "name on the ticket" thing as well, and there's enough ways around that.

I just needed an example for the general resale rule and the Hannah Montana concert was the first I remembered because said friend is still moaning about that one. :P