we are sorry to have to inform you that

showmasters

• Moderators

You are allowed to be angry AND sad. Everyone has said they respect that, and we are trying to be as understanding as we possibly can.

Unfortunately, we're also trying to be realistic and simply tell you the truth - no matter how angry and sad you are, or anyone else is, it doesn't mean that refunds or transfers will happen.

I am very sorry but no one likes to be shouted at, when all we're trying to do is a job and help people with the facts :D

The level of disappointment is understandable. I have experienced it deeply at many events to which I've gone, only to find out that the guest I bought a ticket to see has had to cancel. In no case, no matter who the organiser might be, has a refund been granted due to guest cancellation. That is standard practice for themed events in the industry.

The level of anger from those most deeply affected by financial and other forms of risk is also understandable, but shouting and threatening only serves to scare off potential guests that the organisers might wish to book and whom we might wish to meet. Showmasters are trying to find us new talent, and as Jason said above, the time they must take to calm things down on this forum is time they no longer have to secure a good booking.

As disappointed as I am that James Marsters can't be there, I look forward with confidence to having a brilliant time at Hub 6. Well, except for being photographed. I've always hated the pain on the photographer's face when the camera lenses break. :D

• Showmasters Admin

hi all

I have only just had the time to come on here and talk to you all .

I have been putting out offers to new guests for the last two days so coming on here to deal with all this was not the first thing I needed to do. I must say there have been one or two of you that have been really rude and come over as very spoilt indeed, we only look out for you, the fans, and do our best every time to put on the best show we can. Things happen and thats life, we get on and deal with it the best way we can. We are civil and polite. We are all allowed to be angry about things that happen but we keep it polite and do not act like a mob of children.

Now I am not going to get tied up in a witch hunt on who did what or said what, or who's fault it is, as in the end there is no one to blame. THINGS HAPPEN.

i will say this; James is a good man and every time we have worked with him he has come though for us and done what he said he would 100%, and last year when he damaged his back he still came over to the con to see you all even thought he was in pain. So no one should think that James does not care about his fans in any way as he does. So please stop saying this, because those who know James know this is a fact .

Next, Steve Himber is James' manager/agent and is a well respected person who i have dealt with many times, and he of all people knows that things happen and we do our best to keep deals and appearances alive and moving forward. He and I have in the past managed to bring James over to meet the fans many a time and I trust him to come though if he can. He's an all round good man.

As to us, well all I can say is this.

We work hard to track down and book guests to attend a show. We promote guests and work on giving you an amazing line up to meet and have fun with. When we lose a guest its hard on us as what we have planned all goes to the wall and we have to start again. We care about the events we run and want to give you the best weekend at a convention we can. We are not bad people or here to trick anyone or be unfair to you, in fact we try to look out for you.

Well thats all the points covered. We are all good people and sometimes in life things just happen, and in this case it means that James will not be at the Hub 6. Its sad and we are all sorry, but the event will still be a great weekend and we look forward to seeing James at another of our events in the future.

I do hope that this brings this all to an end and we can stop some of the witch hunting that has been happening on here and over on James' site. I have talked to Steve about this matter and we both hope that we all move on and everyone get this all in to perspective.

thank you for reading this and i look forward to seeing you at the Hub 6

yours

Jason

Dear Jason & all the rest of the ME/SM team,

For many reason I haven't visited this forum for quite awhile and boy did I pick a weird time to check back in! :P I'm begining to wonder if I'm ever going to get to meet JM or JB but that's just how it goes w/ conventions. And may I add not just fan conventions, I'm pretty sure it happens @ other kinds of conventions too.

Anywho! Regardless of JM's not being there (and I'll bet he knows it's his loss more than ours ;)) I can't wait to make the trip across the pond for Hub 6. I'm gonna get to meet James Moran & Ben Lloyd Holmes ( who I missed before). :P And I can't wait to see who else will be there (Burn! Burn! Burn!).

And the biggest :YAHOO: has to be that the party themes have been announced w/ over a month to spare. I wasn't nearly as excited as I should have been until I logged in this morning & saw that. Now I'm trying not to do the happydance everywhere I go or shout from the rooftops that I'm going to The Hub again and it all down to how you guys always put on the best show for us that you possibly can. Gotta luv ya for that.

Thanks a million for all your hard work & now I have to run off and start figuring out what on earth I'm gonna wear this time! :dance: I just hope it doesn't take me an entire month to figure something out. :D

Morgan