Source Code

Avengers7

it looks good but reminds me of the film Déjà Vu and something else i cant put my finger on

Groundhog Day?

Quantum Leap?

Also Hitchcock's The Lady Vanishes.

Looks good, I like this sort of sci-fi but was a bit disappointed when I found out Gyllenhal plays a government agent or whatever, I thought it was an 'everyman' story.

Edited by nicky

it looks good but reminds me of the film Déjà Vu and something else i cant put my finger on

Groundhog Day?

Quantum Leap?

Also Hitchcock's The Lady Vanishes.

Looks good, I like this sort of sci-fi but was a bit disappointed when I found out Gyllenhal plays a government agent or whatever, I thought it was an 'everyman' story.

Not exactly a Government agent. Don't want to give too much away so go and see it.

• 1 year later...

@mdp, the ending could be one of two things;

1. He was somehow able to alter the past in such a way that he was no longer severly injured and hooked up to the machine, though still able to recall some of the events.

2. He is still hooked up to the machine but is able to go behond it's original "programming" and live a somewhat normal life through his simulated body. The downside being he would be wisked away at a moments notice by the machine to load up a new situation if and when it occured.

It's important to remeber both possiblites create an alterntive timeline since the events aren't just a simulated programe, the machine somehow transports the person inside to the past while maintining a link to the present time.

Edited by Brian Cairns