Consequences

Travels hopefully

I am often slow and stupid, but... what is consequences?? ;)

H2G2 says this...

Consequences is a game, played using only paper, pens, and some friends with fertile imaginations, which is very useful if you are stuck in a classroom at lunchtime because it's raining outside.

It is also a fun game to play if you are drunk, but obviously you need to be sober enough to be able to read, write, and follow simple instructions.

Each person is given a piece of paper and a pen (or napkin and eyeliner pencil, depending on the situation). Then they each write down something, fold the paper over so that what they have written cannot be seen, and pass the paper on to the next person.

The aim of the game is to produce a short story, which hopefully turns out to be funny 1.

Here is the basic outline of what has to be written. Words in bold must be written, words in "quote marks" indicate the type of thing that should be written.

"Boy's name 2"

Met "Girl's name 3"

In/At/On "Place 4"

He said "What he said"

She said "What she said"

He did "What he did"

She did "What she did"

The consequences were "What the consequences were"

Once the end is reached, each person unfolds the paper they are holding, and reads it out loud to the group. Cue fits of giggles, and arguments about who wrote what.

Tip: the best names to use are those of famous people, historical characters, or people present (as long as they're not easily offended). Quotes from films/books/famous speeches are good for "he said" or "she said" and it's often funnier if anything rude is implied rather than said straight out.

1 Or at least amusing enough for a rainy day (or for a load of drunks with nothing better to do).

2 Bob, Fred, Mr Ed the Talking Horse.

3 Susan, Emily, The Queen.

4 A bus, London, his house, you get the idea.

Now where's that vid when you need it... ah, here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmhTBZjREuo

Edited by Darth Ally

[/i]Now where's that vid when you need it... ah, here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmhTBZjREuo

i swear to god, when i made that video i was not drunk, i don't even think i'd stolen any green stuff off Darth_Ally, though she can prolly confirm or deny that.

basically, to answer the "what is consequences." basically... its awesome sauce, and you are never in danger of losing the game, cos the aim is just to have fun, and by that everyone wins.

• 1 month later...

basically, to answer the "what is consequences." basically... its awesome sauce, and you are never in danger of losing the game, cos the aim is just to have fun, and by that everyone wins.

So right :unsure: I don't remember laughing so much for ages!

Got to get a game going again this time :lol: