non Film and TV guest you would like to meet ?

• Showmasters Admin

we get to meet lots of guest thought out the year but at this event we can get the chance to meet other interesting people , now we will have guest from TV and Film but who else would be great to meet ?

maybe you could meet an artist from one of your favourite record cover ?

or the person that created the game Tetris or the Rubix Cube ?

or a film poster artist from a film you love .

lets think out the box and see what comes up

as i have said we will have 4 x TV and Film related guests a day at this event but we are looking for other guests to attend that you have not thought about before .

lets get thinking

jason :WAVE:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a guy once on the tube that had a rubix cube and was amazingly fast at it- then I noticed the t-shirt that had "World record holder" on it, plus the rubix cube bag, plus every little bit of him kitted out with rubix images on it. That was kinda cool, but kinda creepy at the same time. He should totally come :WAVE:

Well, since you asked, Id like to meet Graham Humphries, who did the Nightmare on elm Street films poster art (first 5 films I think?), evil dead, and a few other things. Id have him sign most of my collection!

Er...struggling to think of any more to be honest. Ill get back to you!!!

Authors would be a great idea. Would attract fans of them, but I dont think they'd be so many fans around that the centre would get annoyed again.

Damn restrictions though. The Centre really has a choke hold on any events you run there huh?

Poster/film artists would be cool too. Maybe concept artists too.

• Moderators

Someone random like James May or Jonathan Ross, both of which have a very strong interest in toys or comic memorabilia etc. I know they're on TV but it'd be more for their personal interests!

I think authors and artists is a fantastic idea! Many of the famous movie poster artists have passed away in the last decade.

I would like to meet:

Roger Kastel (artist for the Jaws and TESB "Gone with the Wind" posters)

Drew Struzan

Tom Jung

Dan Goozee

Ralph McQuarrie!

I would also like to meet conceptual artist and author(?) Brian Froud.

It's very hard to think of someone who doesn't have some connection to the film and TV industry (even authors are likely to have had their work commissioned for either format).

I'd like to meet:

1. The artist Alan Lee (cop out I know, due to his LOTR & Hobbit connections)...and John Howe...Syd Mead...some book illustrators?

2. Darcy Bussell would be cool

3. Do stunt men count? Gary Powell, Terry Lennard?

4. Jonathan Ross and his wife Jane would be interesting to listen to in a talk

5. The guys from Aardman?

RANDY HARRISON

Devon Murray

my friend from outside the UK shouts at me via MSN: Tom Felton as it was too short notice two years ago to come over for him.

There are heaps more like Gary Oldman, Helena Bonham-Carter, Jason Isaacs, Alan Rickman, Dame Maggie Smith etc but as they are rather unrealistic I am not putting them down as such but I would love to meet them one day :0)

Edited by Draco Malfoy

RANDY HARRISON

Devon Murray

Tom Felton

Gary Oldman

Helena Bonham-Carter

Jason Isaacs

Alan Rickman

Dame Maggie Smith

I guess you could claim you're interested in Smith and Rickman for their stage careers, but I'm not really sure how the rest of them qualify as non-film or non-TV :D

Edited by TommyT

RANDY HARRISON

Devon Murray

Tom Felton

Gary Oldman

Helena Bonham-Carter

Jason Isaacs

Alan Rickman

Dame Maggie Smith

I guess you could claim you're interested in Smith and Rickman for their stage careers, but I'm not really sure how the rest of them qualify as non-film or non-TV :dance:

Beat me to this post!!!

My suggestion would be someone like Geoff Hurst, he has done signings before so is presumably amenable to doing them. He usually attracts a steady crowd without it getting out of hand and would be very recognisable to people who may have just stumbled across the event while out shopping.

My suggestion would be someone like Geoff Hurst, he has done signings before so is presumably amenable to doing them. He usually attracts a steady crowd without it getting out of hand and would be very recognisable to people who may have just stumbled across the event while out shopping.

He's certainly amenable to making money off people, he was the quickest off the mark to realise the value of his autograph.Don't blame him, its up to him, but his reputation is dreadful these days. My 8 year old met him in the street on heading into bluewater and he wanted to charge a tenner for an autograph and a fiver for a photo with.He wasn't joking either. His wife had a word in his ear but he just walked off. Not one of lifes great charmers unless you open your wallet.

get Nobby Stiles instead he's superb whenever you meet him.And Jack Charlton too, he's allways good for a joke and a smile.Thats how it should be. I miss Alan ball not being around too ,he was an ace when it came to dealing with fans.

• 1 month later...