Cosplay

Well guys, thought I'd get in early with this and start a thread as it's never happened before. I know some cosplays are guest dependent but I'm hoping i'll have a job soon to get together Slayer scythe to rock out Fray by Joss Whedon for this con, if not though I'll be in a Star Trek uniform.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The closest I've ever come to Cosplaying was when I had my Photoshoot with William B. Davis and quickly changed into a suit top - with Mulder I.D. badge, Shirt and Tie.

Oh yes, I'm a cosplay virgin *Cries*

Mind you, theres plenty of time between now and November....

:)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope that Dr Who guests will be announced soon, we are still in the idea stage for the next cosplay. So far this year Kirstin has met Alex Kingston whilst cosplaying River Song/Cleopatra and met Karen Gillan whilst cosplaying Pirate Pond. We shall wait and see who is announced and hope they fit our plan. It will be a Dr Who cosplay.

I am in the process of putting together the 'sweat' outfit from BSG, but I am a little nervous as I have never cosplayed before and I am not the smallest of women!!

It will be my first time too so I understand how nervous you are. Don't worry about not being the smallest of women. I'm sure you will look fantastic and it's all about having fun. I'd rather see a larger woman having fun at a con than a smaller woman not :clap:

I am in the process of putting together the 'sweat' outfit from BSG, but I am a little nervous as I have never cosplayed before and I am not the smallest of women!!

It will be my first time too so I understand how nervous you are. Don't worry about not being the smallest of women. I'm sure you will look fantastic and it's all about having fun. I'd rather see a larger woman having fun at a con than a smaller woman not :clap:

Ahh bless u x

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping to get to this but just for one of the days. I'm hoping to do either Black Widow from the Avengers (The Avengers animated movie version) or I'll re wear an already finished costume of mine... maybe my mermaid Ariel again or something....not sure yet.

I'd love to dress up but I always think I will look stupid in my guest photos!!

Don't be silly, you would look awesome dressed as anything :D

I've never done cosplay myself before but I am thinking of breaking my cherry so to speak lol.... I am going to be doing either Altair or Ezio of the Assassins Creed games.... so if I do I was hoping some other cosplay regulars would come and talk to me so I don't look an idiot on my own lol.....

ALSO YUNALESCA.... why don't you do what I am planning on doin and take your cosplay outfit in a bag, meet who you want to meet dressed as your stunning self, then get changed into your cosplay outfit for a few hours of the afternoon?

Edited by friday13thfan

I'm steering towards re wearing my Ariel (mermaid) costume for the day that I attend, but just editing it to make it fit better round my ankles.... my Rapunzel costume is taking too much of my money at the moment! :thumbup:

But I still wanna do Black Widow... hmmmm