Am I the only saddo who.....

YellowCrayon

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I also check up the updates more often than a few weeks ago. I can hardly wait and at the same time not knowing who else is coming is quite a relief, that way I can keep on dreaming...'cause I'm really afraid of being disappointed by the next (last?) announcement :S

Edited by frenchwhedonist

I really wonder who is gonna be available.

Because we're SURE it won't be Clare Kramer, Nick Brendon, Eliza Dushku, Julie Benz, Felicia Day and it can't be Sarah, David, Alyson or Seth. And probably not Alexis either.

So basically, any good guests left from Buffy would be Tom Lenk, Anthony Stewart Head, James Marsters (*please god*), Michelle Trachtenberg, Mercedes Mcnab, Marc Blucas, Emma Caulfield, Kristine Sutherland, Juliet Landau, Danny Strong, Nathan Fillion.

But James already came so it's less likely he'll be there (too bad...), so did Mercedes, so did Anthony I think, Michelle is very hard to get and super busy, Emma is pretty busy with bandwagon and stuff and I think Tom's super busy with his show Nerdgasm at the moment and if I'm not mistaken Nathan's pretty busy with Castle right now.

So who would be most likely to be available ? Marc, Kristine, Juliet and Danny.

Let's think about Angel now. Who didn't I mention already? Amy Acker, J.August Richards, Vincent Kartheiser, Stephanie Romanov, Christian Kane and Gina Torres.

Stephanie already came and I highly doubt Vincent would be up for Hallowhedon, and Christian already has plans with another association. So there would be J.August, Amy and Gina left.

What about Dollhouse now? Tahmoh Penikett, Fran Kranz, Enver Gjokaj, Dichen Lachman, Olivia Williams. But I absolutely don't know if they'd be available. They'd all be great guests though.

And about Firefly, well, Alan Tudyk already came, so did Jewel Staite, and I have no idea about the other members of the cast's availability.

Finally, about Dr Horrible, I would love to have Neil there, of course, but with HIMYM, I think it won't be easy...:dance:

But it leaves us with a lot of choice, and at the same time, not enough. Who do you think will be available? I only hope it's going to be someone "important". Well, I mean, a little more important than "Groo" or "The Master" etc.

FINGERS CROSSED!!! :)

My preference is always going to be for Firefly or OMWF cast members, as they're the collections that I'm working on. Top of that particular list is Sean Maher, who I've missed out on meeting twice this year. He's my great white whale lol.

Outside that list, absolutely anyone is fine with me.

I'm not really bothered whether it is a big guest or not. My first con I was all eager for the big names but I'm a little more experienced now and althoug they would be awesome I'm happy either way. There has been guests I really hadn't had much interest in meeting before the con but who have turned out to be some of the best guests I've met. A good example is Georges Jeantry (season 8 comic book artist). I hadn't read any of the comics (and still haven't yet) so had no idea who he was.

At the con though he was so much fun, especially at the parties. Some of my gave con memories now are of him.

Stephanie Romanov was another guest that although I liked it before, I had never really considered meeting before the announcement for hallowhedon 2 but she turned out to be a brilliant guest and I'd now love to see her at another con!

I guess it's normal to be less demanding when it's like our 3rd convention or when we live in the UK. But as a girl who lives in France and who is certainly not rich and completely inexperimented, I have to say I'd like to meet someone more important than a guy I haven't even heard of in my entire life, even if he's a very nice guest! But when I say important I don't only think about Nick or James, I also think about Stephanie or Danny.

Yeah I can understand that. Hallowhedon 1 was my first con and I went mainly because a group of friends from an online forum were going and I really wanted to meet them all (they live overseas) and then James marsters and nick brendon were announced and I couldn't resist.

Hallowhedon 2&3 were booked mostly because I was caught up in the con whirlwind and couldn't resist buying at the event (especially as we already knew at HW1 that Anthony head was coming to HW2). Booking so early for HW3 was more of a risk because they didn't have anyone lined up at that point but as a lot of people will tell you, you make some great friends at the cons and so I booked regardless because it meant I'd get to see them again.

My point about the big names though was more that, although it is always awesome to get a big name, don't be too disappointed if there's not because you can still have a lot of fun :)

Personally the person I most want to meet has already been announced, so I guess that makes it a lot easier for me to be happy lol

I hope you have as great a time at your first con as I did at mine :smile:

I have no doubt about that, Amber was the one I wanted to see the most and she's the main (if not only -I know it's risky-) reason I'm going. But I'm also really happy to be part of such a great community, and meeting fans from everywhere and dress in a Buffy theme is going to be really fun. I can hardly wait! But the pleasure would be greater if someone else I really want to meet was announced. But hey, there's always Hallowhedon 4, right? I don't know how many Hallowhedon conventions there are going to be^^

I have no doubt about that, Amber was the one I wanted to see the most and she's the main (if not only -I know it's risky-) reason I'm going. But I'm also really happy to be part of such a great community, and meeting fans from everywhere and dress in a Buffy theme is going to be really fun. I can hardly wait! But the pleasure would be greater if someone else I really want to meet was announced. But hey, there's always Hallowhedon 4, right? I don't know how many Hallowhedon conventions there are going to be^^

Amber is top of my want to meet list too. Every year I've hoped she would be announced, to the point that when she actually was announced I really thought I was seeing things lol had to refresh the page before I believed it was true lol

• 2 weeks later...

i'm keeping my fingers crossed for a firefly/serenity or Dollhouse guest.

it would be great if it was Sean Maher as i've twice had him cancel to a signing event this year, so would be great to actually meet him - lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope we get some news soon too. Its so late again with only 3 guests (even though they are all lovely) and no party themes just a month away. I dont personally think it works having updates so late for conventions as it might work for the signing events and these seem to get new guests all the time. Maybe there should be a designated ME person in charge of each convention to give updates throughout the year. There are other cons who have their party themes and a good number of guests in place months in advance and are always sending updates.

I really do want these events to go on for a long time to come and i try to sell tickets to friends but there has to be more communication and the guests and party themes need to be in place a lot quicker than last minute.

look forward to some updates soon.

Edited by buffy2k

I hope we get some news soon too. Its so late again with only 3 guests (even though they are all lovely) and no party themes just a month away. I dont personally think it works having updates so late for conventions as it might work for the signing events and these seem to get new guests all the time. Maybe there should be a designated ME person in charge of each convention to give updates throughout the year. There are other cons who have their party themes and a good number of guests in place months in advance and are always sending updates.

I really do want these events to go on for a long time to come and i try to sell tickets to friends but there has to be more communication and the guests and party themes need to be in place a lot quicker than last minute.

look forward to some updates soon.

I can't disagree with any of that. Specifically, the lack of communication from The Powers That Be is an old problem that has never been adequately addressed. I'm not sure if this is down to an over-reliance on customer loyalty or if the sheer number of events means they're spreading themselves too thinly. Nobody expects a guest announcement every other week, but even a monthly update would be nice.

Got to agree with both of the above posts, it does sems like the conventions are less important than the signing events as they get regular updates while we haven't had anything since the last guest announcemnt at the start of the year

Or maybe it's just us as Hub, ET6 and Chevron have all been updated today

Edited by peridot

I think we do need updates. Can't expect to sell tickets or help with promotion if there's only three guests announced with only 6 weeks to go.

Announcements and guests don't appear to be an issue with signings this year or other cons. It's sad but I'd rather they held these every other year and get a bigger guest list than try and do one each year and 'hope for the best'. Just imo