latest Guest Announcement - Colonel Buzz Aldrin

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

we are very pleased to have attending this years Autographica Colonel Buzz Aldrin

Buzz Aldrin will be taking part in a photo op over the weekend at the show this will be a very rare chance to have your photo taken with Buzz do not miss this chance which will be amazing keep sake .

photo ops will go on sale from tomorrow at £50 each .

Buzz is very much looking forward to meeting you all at the show and taking part in the evening Dinner

Buzz-Aldrin.jpgNASA_Aldrin_Apollo_11_cropped.jpg

Aldrin was one of the third group of astronauts named by NASA in October 1963.

On November 11, 1966, he and command pilot James Lovell were launched into space in the Gemini 12 spacecraft on a 4-day flight, which brought the Gemini program to a successful close. Aldrin established a new record for extravehicular activity (EVA), spending 5-1/2 hours outside the spacecraft.

He served as lunar module pilot for Apollo 11, July 16-24, 1969, the first manned lunar landing mission. Aldrin followed Neil Armstrong onto the lunar surface on July 20, 1969, completing a 2-hour and 15 minute lunar EVA.

In July 1971, Aldrin left NASA. Aldrin has logged 289 hours and 53 minutes in space, of which, 7 hours and 52 minutes were spent in EVA.

EXPERIENCE: Prior to joining NASA, Aldrin flew 66 combat missions in F-86's while on duty in Korea. At Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada, he served as an aerial gunnery instructor. Following his assignment as aide to the dean of faculty at the Air Force Academy, Aldrin flew F-100's as a flight commander at Bitburg, Germany. He went on to receive a doctorate at MIT, and was then assigned to the Gemini Target Office of the Air Force Space Systems Division, Los Angeles. In March 1972, Aldrin retired from Air Force active duty, after 21 years of service. As a USAF jet fighter pilot during the Korean War, he shot down two MIG 15 aircraft.

buzz_aldrin_01.jpg

45325main_MM_Image_Feature_69_rs4.jpg

Having purchased as many Aldrin signatures as I would want over the years, the photoshoot is the perfect culmination of the Buzz experience.

A huge thankyou to the Showmasters team for making this possible (and at an exceptionally reasonable price).

Well done lads.

Given you can't get Niel. At what point does the extra fees kick in.

If you have Collins already does he charge more?.

When the prices are announced and we have detailed description please.

Great guest Showmasters!

• Showmasters Admin

how much with Buzz's autograph be?

His signing fee in the US is around £250 so I can't believe he will be any less than that for this show

we normally give out prices when we announce the guest but for this guest we cannot give the exact autograph prices till after June due to contractual reasons , but i can say the basic auto price will be well under £250

more on this after June thanks for understanding .

jason :WAVE:

how much with Buzz's autograph be?

His signing fee in the US is around £250 so I can't believe he will be any less than that for this show

we normally give out prices when we announce the guest but for this guest we cannot give the exact autograph prices till after June due to contractual reasons , but i can say the basic auto price will be well under £250

more on this after June thanks for understanding .

jason :WAVE:

That is great news, one of those times when I am very pleased to be wrong about something (I should be used to it by now I get enough practice!)

This is shaping up to be a classic show already.

• 2 weeks later...

is it true that Neil Armstrong no longer signs?. Only ask because its not my field of interest and also just wondered why Buzz Aldrin creates such interest.

Armstrong stopped signing altogether in 1994 as I think he realised there was a big market for his signature.

Also,many of the astronauts generate interest amongst space fans,but I think the fact that Buzz was on Apollo 11 & is a name recognised worldwide is why he generates such interest. You don't have to be a space fan to know what he did. ;)

is it true that Neil Armstrong no longer signs?. Only ask because its not my field of interest and also just wondered why Buzz Aldrin creates such interest.

Neil stopped signing some years ago. Apparently he'd become completely fed up after nearly 25 years of non stop signing - and who wouldn't be! Then with the advent of the internet, ebay, etc etc, greed came into the equation, with folk getting his signature just to sell it on at a profit. There's stories of people lying in wait for him at dinners and functions, following him around golf courses getting multiple items signed, and using their kids to go and get signatures, pretending they were for the kids, when in fact it was for the relatives to sell on. So he just stopped signing.

Even just recently, some airport customs worker stole his signed customs declaration to try and auction off.

Buzz is in the same bracket as Neil but keeps a much higher public profile, using his fame to keep space in the public eye. He does lots of interviews, signings, lectures and seminars, and travels round the world, which is why he creates a lot of interest. Don't forget, he was part of the first crew on the moon - although most say he was second man to walk on the moon, I'd personally say he and Neil landed together at the same time and once that landing gear touched down, they were both 'first' equally.

• 4 weeks later...

Neil stopped signing some years ago. Apparently he'd become completely fed up after nearly 25 years of non stop signing - and who wouldn't be! Then with the advent of the internet, ebay, etc etc, greed came into the equation, with folk getting his signature just to sell it on at a profit. There's stories of people lying in wait for him at dinners and functions, following him around golf courses getting multiple items signed, and using their kids to go and get signatures, pretending they were for the kids, when in fact it was for the relatives to sell on. So he just stopped signing.

Even just recently, some airport customs worker stole his signed customs declaration to try and auction off.

Buzz is in the same bracket as Neil but keeps a much higher public profile, using his fame to keep space in the public eye. He does lots of interviews, signings, lectures and seminars, and travels round the world, which is why he creates a lot of interest. Don't forget, he was part of the first crew on the moon - although most say he was second man to walk on the moon, I'd personally say he and Neil landed together at the same time and once that landing gear touched down, they were both 'first' equally.

Good answer, thanks for explanation.Liked your last bit about them both landing equally, never thought of it like that.Nice one. :D