A idea for cons

Alysha_Rhiannon

Hello

I just wanted to tell ME my idea for somthing that they could do at furture cons

I for younger members who attend the con on their own, but have a parent staying close buy could you maybe have evening tickets which allows them access to the parties in the evening so that they are not sitting in a hotel room for three days solid ?

Just a suggestion and it would bring in some more revenue

x

• Moderators

While the idea isn't without merit, I can see a reason why they don't currently do it - the parties are supposed to be PART of the con, and they don't want hundreds of extra people turning up and 'crashing' the parties (even paid) - especially if the guests might pop down to party with the attendees.

If it were to be implemented, I reckon they'd have to have some fairly strict limits on who could buy one - only allowing a 'party-only guardian ticket' to be bought along with a convention ticket, for example, with an absolute maximum of one per convention attendee. And possibly ONLY in the circumstance where the convention ticket is being sold to someone who will be under 18 at the time of the event and hence not allowed to stay in the hotel alone.

I think this has been raised a number of times since massive events began and the fact that the evening tickets arent available to purchase probably shows that it has been considered and rejected.

The same reason that day tickets are not available to purchase.

The weekend cons are a wonderful weekend where like-minded people can get together and talk all things Twilight/Buffy/Stargate etc for the whole weekend.

Being together for the whole weekend of auto collecting, talks, the auction, parties etc builds up a bond between the attendees. Look how many friendships have started JUST from attending a con and chatting to the person next to you in an auto queue! :thumbup:

If you have people that just appear for the parties, I think the atmosphere would change quite a lot. Plus it must raise all sorts of other issues like numbers allowed into the parties and insurance etc. Consider how many underage attendees there are at events such as Twilight, that could add another third onto the party numbers.

I am sure that Massive Events consider lots of things for the cons very carefully, thats why they are so good :D

Maybe something could be done. Maybe they could be say £40 that's for a row at the back for the talks, parties and thats it. Also they'd have to be bought with a full price ticket/s.

Mind having said that. The parents could get a ticket and the authos could be given out from Crimbo/Bday prezzies. bet your Twilighter friends would love a signed pic from some of you favourite characters.

Why not just buy a standard ticket anyway...... Then u have access to all the events over the weekend. If ur not a fan of it, u can skip the talks and just collect blank autos and stick them on eBay.... If ur smart about it, u could probably get the money back u paid for the ticket......

• 2 weeks later...

I have a suggestion for the cons I think a nice "bonus" for those going VIP would be to allow them to have a group photo like golds used to get. They stopped giving them to golds because of the time issues having all the guests out of order for so long but for four VIPs I think it's something that would make the VIP packages stand out a little more. Just my humble opinion feel free to ignore :)