some things i feel we need to share with you

showmasters

• 4 weeks later...

I feel sorry for anyone who breaks the rules because you have to sink so low (morally) to do it.

Maybe we should have the wrist tags again like we had at ET4? I know people aren't too keen but maybe its the best way to stop people swapping and changing passes. Photo ID when picking up the passes as well?

Tbh I don't really see how the wristbands could stop someone from copying a photo pass?:blink:

Well if you've got a "standard" ticket wristband, you're going to prompt the question as to how/why you've got a silver or gold photopass...

unfortunetly wristbands can come off too tho.....mine was loose enough for me to take off at night and when i had a shower.....and i doubt i was the only one who could get it off.

I'm sure that with practice they can put them on tighter to prevent that. Given that wristbands are used by most of the major rock festivals - who have previously suffered from major revenue loss through unpaid entrance - and that such festivals have a huge budget to implement whatever system they see fit (ticket income for Reading is in excess of £10m, and over £30m for Glastonbury), then if an event with an eight digit budget sees wristbands as the most effective method of access control, I'm tempted to figure they're right.

Just an idea to make it fair...How about making it a requirement that EVERY guest brings a passport photo with them and then make a photo Id badge as the Ticket, so the gold, Silver and Standard would have a different border and have a section the side for punching to say that you have had your autograph, photo etc and that way no one else can us your ticket etc!!

No Passport photo....no con!!

This would work perfectly for the ticket and and ID as you could just hole punch the bit at the side to say you had had each autograph or photo shoot and the backgrounds of each pass could be the colour of your ticket.

It would be far easier to keep track of things! It would make registration a little bit longer, but not that much! Just have all tickets ready to add the laminate to then add to a neck band like security do at the gigs!

Just an idea to make it fair...How about making it a requirement that EVERY guest brings a passport photo with them and then make a photo Id badge as the Ticket, so the gold, Silver and Standard would have a different border and have a section the side for punching to say that you have had your autograph, photo etc and that way no one else can us your ticket etc!!

This would work perfectly for the ticket and and ID as you could just hole punch the bit at the side to say you had had each autograph or photo shoot and the backgrounds of each pass could be the colour of your ticket.

It would be far easier to keep track of things! It would make registration a little bit longer, but not that much! Just have all tickets ready to add the laminate to then add to a neck band like security do at the gigs!

ME have looked into photo pass ID's previously and ruled it out - the cons outweighed the pros of the system.

The 'no photo - no con' sounds great until it is you that falls victim of it. It could easily happen...lost, forgotten, damaged beyond recognition, etc

ME have looked into photo pass ID's previously and ruled it out - the cons outweighed the pros of the system.

The 'no photo - no con' sounds great until it is you that falls victim of it. It could easily happen...lost, forgotten, damaged beyond recognition, etc

Surely it won't be that bad, I mean if you forget your photo or whatever else might happen to it, you could get another photo on your way down to Birmingham or from the nec etc? Just a thought. I really like the idea of photos as this way noone else can use your ticket/pass etc.

I was also thinking that maybe a computer package could be used where your name and ticket number are logged but a photo of you is added (on purchase). Then at registration when you show your ID, the person "checking you in" will be able to see if the person is the original purchaser ( just thinking in the case of the person who's ticket was claimed prior to her getting there).

Not sure if that makes sense, but I know what I mean!!