some things i feel we need to share with the fans

showmasters

As for the guests being in there which isnt that often, there is absolutly no way I would speak to them unless they spoke to me first and I would certainly not invade their privacy in any way whilst they are sitting relaxing because to me that is inappropriate and they need their space and we need to need to respect that . *rant over sorry* :D

I completely agree Jenny!

I ended up having a drink and a dance with Bill on the Saturday night but I didn't ask him for it, I offered him a drink and he ended up picking Famous Grouse for myself and my friend to have as a shot with him, haha. If you leave the guests alone then they will all come to you at some stage, and if not then pay for a guest encounter, or at least bid on one. I leave the guests alone unless I'm at the bar and they're there too and I happen to be beside them, I'll say hello then, offer to buy a drink and thats that. But as I witnessed at the weekend, it's better to just leave them be. Bill came and danced with me, and that was awesome. Michael came up and spoke to my friend of his own free will, and Alex was chatting to me and my friend as well as Dan. It's better that way, I think. I'd hate to crowd them.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Saturday night, I had two people come up to me and ask could they have my pass and my friend's pass so they could get into the party. We refused them and they went around asking other people for their passes. It's legitimately not fair on everyone and I really am happy that Showmasters are calling people on everything and I hope all of the stealing and copying stops.

Haha I'm the kind of person that would have been like "Yeah sure but we'd have to go get a pass off my other friend" *leads unsuspecting people to Too Tall/Jason/etc*

Hahahaha, I was a little too drunk to think that clearly, but hell I'll remember that next time! XDD

I think my friend did speak to Jason about some VERY rude people in the drinks reception though.

You may have to go up to someone slightly more inconspicuous than TT as I think all 6ft10in of him may be a bit of a give away

On the Saturday night, I had two people come up to me and ask could they have my pass and my friend's pass so they could get into the party. We refused them and they went around asking other people for their passes. It's legitimately not fair on everyone and I really am happy that Showmasters are calling people on everything and I hope all of the stealing and copying stops.

Haha I'm the kind of person that would have been like "Yeah sure but we'd have to go get a pass off my other friend" *leads unsuspecting people to Too Tall/Jason/etc*

Hahahaha, I was a little too drunk to think that clearly, but hell I'll remember that next time! XDD

I think my friend did speak to Jason about some VERY rude people in the drinks reception though.

You may have to go up to someone slightly more inconspicuous than TT as I think all 6ft10in of him may be a bit of a give away

Hahaha, most definitely! I seemed to be looking up at everyone at ET5. I'm only 5'0"/5'1" lmao, so it was a bit of a strain on my neck, not gonna lie.

As for the guests being in there which isnt that often, there is absolutly no way I would speak to them unless they spoke to me first and I would certainly not invade their privacy in any way whilst they are sitting relaxing because to me that is inappropriate and they need their space and we need to need to respect that . *rant over sorry* :D

I completely agree Jenny!

I ended up having a drink and a dance with Bill on the Saturday night but I didn't ask him for it, I offered him a drink and he ended up picking Famous Grouse for myself and my friend to have as a shot with him, haha. If you leave the guests alone then they will all come to you at some stage, and if not then pay for a guest encounter, or at least bid on one. I leave the guests alone unless I'm at the bar and they're there too and I happen to be beside them, I'll say hello then, offer to buy a drink and thats that. But as I witnessed at the weekend, it's better to just leave them be. Bill came and danced with me, and that was awesome. Michael came up and spoke to my friend of his own free will, and Alex was chatting to me and my friend as well as Dan. It's better that way, I think. I'd hate to crowd them.

Wow that is awesome ! :D ....You see if you think about it like this , If you where a celebrity and I had people coming up to you in your face bugging you ..etc all the time you would want to get the hell away from them, now if the fans where cool laid back didnt bother them they would be like "WTF damn why isnt anyone giving me the attention that I am used to? I need to go mix and mingle" !!! LOL! no seriously they would think how cool are these people they are more like new friends than fans. :D

About the photoshoot problem, there is another event which does not work the way Showmasters does, and maybe it could be an idea for future events: instead of photoshoot slips, the "tickets" for the photoshoots are on the badge itself, and you only have to stamp the badge for every shoot and auto.... I quickly drew a basic idea of what I mean, for you to see:

badges.jpg

Do you think that could help the fraude decrease?

(Sorry for the clear lack of artistic talent here :D )

Edited by Dellefyne

• Showmasters Admin

Random Q but how is it possible to copy the photoshoot tickets? I've only ever gone standard or Gold and we had those wee laminated sheets?

I don't think we want to be explaining to people how to break our rules :D

About the photoshoot problem, there is another event which does not work the way Showmasters does, and maybe it could be an idea for future events: instead of photoshoot slips, the "tickets" for the photoshoots are on the badge itself, and you only have to stamp the badge for every shoot and auto.... I quickly drew a basic idea of what I mean, for you to see:

badges.jpg

This is the same idea Lizzy and my daughter had (although Lizzy posted about it before me :)) I could see it working!

You know what really disappoints me about this, that other users of these forums who do not attend the ET cons are thinking that Twilight fans are awful. It would be awful for others to think that way about us.

Edited by JaneDoe

This is the same idea Lizzy and my daughter had (although Lizzy posted about it before me :)) I could see it working!

I didn't take time to read through the 3 pages of replies, sorry :D

But from what I experienced at other events, this seemed to work! The only thing that could still encounter problems might be the extra-shoots tickets.... But this might still be the beginning of an idea, right? :D

Yea, as I said though- the Badges would either need to be cardboard as per the Heroes Eclipse days (though they creased and ripped quite easily), or it needs to be a really good marker pen, or even a hole punch or something, as it can be easy to rub off marker, or use some sort of spirit/solution to wipe it off the laminate.

badges.jpg

yeh that would cost less aswell prob as they wouldnt have to print out a load of photo cards too. :D

#

That is absolutely disgusting & whoever is involved in these scams should be permanently banned from all future events with no exceptions. They know full well what they are doing & if it were down to me I wouldn't be forgiving them & giving second chances. They deliberately set out to scam M.E. & should be punished for it. Especially when someone else genuinely lost their pass & had to pay for a new one.

Im shocked to hear any of this and angry, as like many others have spent huge amounts of cash and supported the event I feel passionate about! This is just my personal opinion but maybe it would be better if the guests had like a "green room" away from everyone? also again just my own personal thought ,I think even if whoever did this owns up, they should still be banned beacause to even think of stealing or defrauding the system is wrong! and clearly can not be very nice people!! you are being very lenient to them, and they do not deserve it! I would never dream of even thinking anything like that up let alone doing it!!!

Random Q but how is it possible to copy the photoshoot tickets? I've only ever gone standard or Gold and we had those wee laminated sheets?

I don't think we want to be explaining to people how to break our rules :thumbup:

Haha touché just confused cus I only ever had the laminated wee sheets/vouchers

A hole punch would probs be the more secure option - good idea :thumbup:

But no doubt they'd get people moaning about that ruining their passes! But I think it's necessary. They really can't win can they :chair:

Haha woops I just did that :P

A hole punch would probs be the more secure option - good idea :thumbup:

But no doubt they'd get people moaning about that ruining their passes! But I think it's necessary. They really can't win can they :P

Nope :WINCE:

A hole punch would probs be the more secure option - good idea :chair:

But no doubt they'd get people moaning about that ruining their passes! But I think it's necessary. They really can't win can they :chair:

Haha woops I just did that :P

:D

I know it's not as nice cus I kept mine from ET2 and 3 but what about slips instead? Like paper slips simply printed JUSTIN CHON (for example) and if showmasters have a stamp? I have one I paid like £4 for with like OFFICIAL SHOWMASTERS PHOTOSHOOT, no one would know the design of the stamp till the day, thus no way of copying it? And just stamp each slip, including them in the necessary packages.

i can´t believe that things like that happen and people can act this way!

first they steal the op to get another guest, because if they buy everything as they should, maybe there would be the money for more guests.

second: they steal the kindness of massive events. last year at hallowhedon 2 one of my friends lost her gold-badge, but know i think it would be possible it was stolen. she was so sad because she´s attending cons in the usa, and if you loose your badge there, you´re out. finito!

but we knew the number of her badge and i brought her with her ID to "too tall" (at this point thank you for all you´re doing for us at the events con-daddy *waves*) and she got a knew badge and could stay at the event. we really appreciate, because this kindness is not usual. people who are making copies of badges and other things are stealing this op for people who really loose their stuff.

:thumbup: