some things i feel we need to share with the fans

showmasters

they can fake a pass with their name and picture on it, and say no.57. So there'd be two Silver 57 passes, but unless crew were checking names against pass numbers on a master list each time, then as long as the fake no 57 didn't turn up too close to the real one, nobody is likely to notice.

Just have a list of the numbers when the photos are being taking. Number 57 is crossed off, if another one comes along, someone's telling porkies... But the real 57 should have no problem proving it.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they can fake a pass with their name and picture on it, and say no.57. So there'd be two Silver 57 passes, but unless crew were checking names against pass numbers on a master list each time, then as long as the fake no 57 didn't turn up too close to the real one, nobody is likely to notice.

Just have a list of the numbers when the photos are being taking. Number 57 is crossed off, if another one comes along, someone's telling porkies... But the real 57 should have no problem proving it.

Me and my flatmates were talking about this and thought your idea above was the way to go next time too. x

Something dawned on me earlier that could ask for trouble. In the Introduction threads we give our full name, often where we live and nearly always, if we know it, our ticket numbers. Anyone could come along and take that info and use it how they want. Perhaps now is the time to stop giving out such sensitive information.

Somewhere around the first ET event I made this comment and people didn't pay attention. ID theft/fraud/whatever is seriously common, even in small forms. I would never put information like that on the internet so that people could trace me if they didn't know me. People's choice if they do, but don't come complaining if someone then uses your ticket. I'd imagine it would be very easy to copy the reg letter and photoshop the details then blag to a trusting crewmember.

• Showmasters Admin

i can´t believe that things like that happen and people can act this way!

first they steal the op to get another guest, because if they buy everything as they should, maybe there would be the money for more guests.

second: they steal the kindness of massive events. last year at hallowhedon 2 one of my friends lost her gold-badge, but know i think it would be possible it was stolen. she was so sad because she´s attending cons in the usa, and if you loose your badge there, you´re out. finito!

but we knew the number of her badge and i brought her with her ID to "too tall" (at this point thank you for all you´re doing for us at the events con-daddy *waves*) and she got a knew badge and could stay at the event. we really appreciate, because this kindness is not usual. people who are making copies of badges and other things are stealing this op for people who really loose their stuff.

:blush:

This one of my pet hates about this whole thing. Genuine mistakes happen, people do loss things, I hate it that because of a small number of blaggers we always have to be on our guard.

We geniunly want everyone to have a good time at our shows, and there's nothing worse than lossing something that means maybe you don't get your photos. That could spoil your whole weekend, we don't want that. It's just annoying that some people take advantage of us not being total hard ar$es.

How about when you send out the confirmation letters with ticket numbers, when that has been received we have to send back a passport sized photo which could be added to the back of the passes (instead of guest photo) and you can stamp them with the ticket number. Unfortunately though this will make more work for the staff !! Just an idea :thumbup:

Ah Jason, so sorry about this.

This is so out of order. You're probably the best priced convention company around and people still try to screw you over? You should definitely ban them if you find out who they are. These are all very calculated steps and they know damn well it is wrong.

Really sorry to hear this.

I still dont get how some people had the facilities with them to full on copy the photo shoot vouchers! Wouldnt you need a printer and the ability to print on photo paper?!

Maybe not and I just dont know what I'm talking about haha!

But the fact that obvious thought went into being devious is just ugh.

xxxx