What was your favourite?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Choose yours ..

• Armadillo
    • Meerkat
    • Lizard
    • Skunk
    • Other

Tbh, my sister Carly & myself was surprised and disappointed to learn that there was a petting zoo there. We are also disappointed to see that certain posts have been removed from this topic.

We ourselves have strong opinions regarding this issue and will be emailing SM directly as clearly, anything that is not agreed with or deemed to be putting SM in possible bad light regarding this issue is removed.

We just hope that this DOES NOT happen again at future events.

Edited by gemma85

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well. finally i got made a profile in here, should have done that before ET5 but hey beter late thsn newer right :)

i choose the skunk becourse it reminds me of my own skunk i had, it died in my arms becourse it got sick, and i sat with it to the last minute :blush:

when i saw this little fella, it was almost as Tarzan (that was her name) was back...i know it wasnt the same skunk but the colors was almost the same.

As most of my comments have been deleted (including my nice ones). I just want to say thank you again to anyone/everyone who supported me (whether by setting the story straight so I was no longer concerned, or those who felt the same concerns and spoke up for me.)

I will try not to express any future concerns on here, but approach a member of staff at the time (to those I recognise, I will see you at ET6, but hopefully with only praise as normal, not concerns) xxx

• Showmasters Admin

As most of my comments have been deleted (including my nice ones). I just want to say thank you again to anyone/everyone who supported me (whether by setting the story straight so I was no longer concerned, or those who felt the same concerns and spoke up for me.)

I will try not to express any future concerns on here, but approach a member of staff at the time (to those I recognise, I will see you at ET6, but hopefully with only praise as normal, not concerns) xxx

i removed some of your post as they were no longer relevant as what you thought was an issue really was not so we all moved on .

thank you for all the people that know us to be good people that care about all aspects for the events and safety towards people and animals alike ;)

jason :WAVE:

• Showmasters Admin

Tbh, my sister Carly & myself was surprised and disappointed to learn that there was a petting zoo there. We are also disappointed to see that certain posts have been removed from this topic.

We ourselves have strong opinions regarding this issue and will be emailing SM directly as clearly, anything that is not agreed with or deemed to be putting SM in possible bad light regarding this issue is removed.

We just hope that this DOES NOT happen again at future events.

gemma85 if things that are not true are said on here we will remove them , its the right thing to do , and as to it putting us in a bad light and thats why we pulled it i am sorry we have done nothing wrong here and we have nothing to hide so please stop trying to make this in to a big thing as it is so not .

jason

ps and i will be clearing this and your post in the next few hours as its not relavent to the topic and we will be having a petting zoo again in the future as so many people love this and it helps rase money for the zoo to keep up the work they do

I think David summed this up perfectly before when he commented around 2 people can view the same activity from different perspectives or mindsets and can have a totally different view on it. This dies not make what either party says untrue, is merely a different inturpretation if the same event. I would love to see a petting zoo again in the future safe in the knowledge that showmasters really do have the best interests of the animals at heart, maybe if the zoo had some flyers/leaflets nearby promoting the good work they do it would serve 2 purposes, one people would have concerns addressed proactively and 2) maybe they would receive donations from what is after all a lovely bunch of people :)

I understand some peoples concerns, and after reading the posts that were removed before hand. I am satisfied it was a respectable organisation.

Saying that I was soooooo drunk after gold drinks reception I literally walked in and straight back out, knowing it wouldn't be fair or nice for them to be around drunkards like myself lol so I missed out ;) next time (if I'm at a con where they choose to bring it back) I hope I'm more 'with it' to get in some cuddles :)