Feedback

Beechy08

Had an amazing weekend and I think everything was BRILLIANT.

Just one comment (and I know it's been said before):

Collecting photos - I think it would be great to rope it off or something so people have to go it a line, in one end - walk along to find their pictures and then out the other end!! It was better this time as I noticed the pictures had been put in groups - BIG thank you to whoever spent time doing that!!! But still very hectic!!

Other than that everything was fab and can't wait until ET6 :blush:

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the parties were really good myself...Michael being the main reason :WINCE: but no seriously, it was good fun :blush: Maybe for those who like to chill and have a chat at the parties you could do something with the area outside the party room? Decorate it a little to accommodate the theme, a few chairs blah blah :)

EDIT: Oh I'd like to say well done to the guy who replaced Paul (sorry my mind has gone blank!) - I thought he did a really great job :) kept the guests talking, everything seemed to flow really well :blink:

Edited by Holly

I thought the parties were really good myself...Michael being the main reason :D but no seriously, it was good fun :smile: Maybe for those who like to chill and have a chat at the parties you could do something with the area outside the party room? Decorate it a little to accommodate the theme, a few chairs blah blah :)

EDIT: Oh I'd like to say well done to the guy who replaced Paul (sorry my mind has gone blank!) - I thought he did a really great job :) kept the guests talking, everything seemed to flow really well ;)

I believe that was Andrew H who replaced Paul.

Had an absolutely fantastic weekend and there werent many complaints at all to be honest!!!

Plus points:

* the compere for the talks was absolutely brilliant, talks flowed and there were no awkward silences.

* Saturday night party was fab, I know we have had the basketball hoops etc before but its always good to keep us all entertained!

* the guests in general were amazing - particularly enjoyed Alex, Daniel and Michael. Hell who am I kidding I loved them all! Jodelle was a sweet girl but v quiet and I think she may have been a little overwhelmed by it all but she is only young so she has time to blossom yet I think!

* autographs/photos went v smoothly other than Michaels auto on the Sunday, had to go back 3 times and eventually got it 1 1/2 hrs behind schedule but v minor gripe that one!

Negatives

* the questions seem to have been monitored a bit better but there are still stupid questions like if you were Bellas parent would you rather she date a vamp or a wolf. I mean - REALLY??? Who even wants the answer to that question, its stupid. Along with questions like would you rather be vamp or wolf, what a waste of the guests time and you can see they think its a stupid question too.

* there really needs to be some thought put to the photo collection point, it is a rugby scrum at times and theres no order at all

Overall though I have had such a blast (yet again!). The only thing that put a dampener on my weekend was the build up to the announcement for ET6. I love Kellan Lutz but had managed to convince myself it was Jackson Rathbone considering ME said it would be a guest that would sell out the con therefore I assumed it would be somebody I hadnt met before. Had I not had all of the build up I woulda been over the moon to meet Kellan again coz hes a fab guest but felt a little deflated coz of all of the cryptic talk before the announcement.

Anyhoo I had an amazing time and have already got my gold tickets for ET6 and am looking forward to more fab guests

Oh and also Michael and Justins talk was a highlight of my weekend. Perhaps ME should consider which guests may already have a bond from filming (i.e wolfpack members together, Forks High students together, Cullens together etc) as they were bouncing off each other the whole time. A-MAZING!!!

It became evident not long into the Sunday morning auto session that a HUGE number of attendees that should have got their autos on Saturday had decided to wait until the Sunday to get them.

Plus, a large number of extra autographs purchased meant that Michael had to work like a trooper!

He was awesome, friendly and chatty to everybody, even standing up and giving hugs to some, and never even took a break, just signed flat out right up until his photoshoot at 11:45

One awesome guest! :smile:

Edited by Rhianydd

It became evident not long into the Sunday morning auto session that a HUGE number of attendees that should have got their autos on Saturday had decided to wait until the Sunday to get them.

Plus, a large number of extra autographs purchased meant that Michael had to work like a trooper!

He was awesome, friendly and chatty to everybody, even standing up and giving hugs to some, and never even took a break, just signed flat out right up until his photoshoot at 11:45

One awesome guest! :D

I agree - he was amazing :D (as they all have been!!)

One awesome guest! :D

This is why I'm a model attendee and make sure I'm in the right place at the right time for everything and never put things back. If anything, I check to see if I can go through for autos early when I spot a small queue for a guest :P Ofcourse not everyone can be as perfect as me :D

lol, well done, cant give you a gold star on here, so instead........... :D lol

Sometimes, people just cant go through the queue at the time they are supposed to, for whatever reason, and sometimes people spread out what they are doing over the two days.

But TT writes the schedule to give a bit of leeway, so we got through all the autos :D

Edited by Rhianydd

Had a great, fun filled weekend and my niece loved her first con experience - even if she was a little nervous around the guests at times, but they were all awesome with her!! Great, friendly bunch of guests!!

Really, everything went smoothly for me this weekend, pretty much. I found, perhaps because of the smaller crowd, the crew weren't so stressed and didn't come across as being too 'bossy' (which I have sometimes found in the past - sorry!)

Loved the petting zoo - such a fun, original idea and my niece had me in there for hours (she may be demanding a skunk as a pet now though :D ) Was a bit worried about the animals with the music and crowds - but their owners know them better than us and were obviously told what the event was all about before coming along.

Perhaps there could be a room with something else for people to do in between photos/autos though...sometimes I had an hour to kill and often went up to my room just for somewhere to go. I know ME can't show the movie for legal reasons, but...perhaps clips widely available in the public domain (trailers maybe? interviews? Past convention talks?) or have something pretty to look at/books to flick through....quizzes to do - just something to fill in half an hour or something?!

But, please, please, please, please can something be done with the photo distribution?! I find it's the only time I get incredibly stressed and upset and rather pee'd off with everyone else! It IS like a rugby scrum and you can get hurt. I understand everyone is as eager to see their photos as everyone else, but there is no need for pushing.

If everyone started one end and worked their way down the tables it would work better - which I try to do, but then you find you're not moving anywhere because people push in here and there. Or call people through to look for their photos in their groups or have the photos from each guest out on seperate tables spread throughout the room so not everyone is in the same area.

Something needs to change with that though because each and every time I finish up getting really annoyed and I leave the room. Sometimes I'd rather not have my photos than go through that! I know it's calmer if you come back much later, but it wouldn't be if everyone did that.

That's my only gripe about the weekend really.

Everything else was cool...just need some sleep now :D

xC

With regards to the photo thing I think maybe a few groups at a time should be called out to go collect theirs at the end of each guest talk. Or maybe have a crew member or two on the doors to the hall and only let a few people in at a time?

• Moderators

I think the only problem with that is some people don't want to leave at certain points, and choose when to leave based on who is doing the talks etc. Or they use the break to go to the toilet or get a drink or something.

I agree that it's all a bit of a scrum, and difficult to get to the tables etc, but I'm not sure of an appropriate organised collection either.

this is my 3rd con and love how ME take on board suggestions which are workable!

Some things i like this time was the (as i wrote somewhere else) the lady running Photo queue A doing her queues in different groups so people went in group order and the queus were neat and not crowding the corridors by getting really long as the next set of groups arrived.

i agree with the photo pick up idea i personally didnt pick up any of my photosd but my friends were coming back and saying they were being elbowed and pushed all over the place.

All in all a great con was thouroghly enjoyed by my 2 newbie friends who cannot wait to get tickets for the next one!!

Wanna start off by saying thanks for an amazing weekend. I laughed so much and had a brilliant time from start to finish!!

Something I think that needs work is the part of the talks where the audience ask the questions. I feel it needs to run a bit smoother. This isn't the fault of the new host, I felt it didn't work at ET4 either. Maybe showmasters could section off a row of seats (not in the gold or silver section so people don't just use it too skip) where people could sit should they wish to ask questions and jut pass the microphone along. Also showmasters could possibly have a stationary microphone where attendees get up to go to the microphone. We could also be encouraged to keep our hands up longer so that the host can head to the next person to ask a question while the previous one is being answered. It just seemed awkward and too many silences this time round.

Also this is something I'd like to say more to the attendees. This isn't personal and I'm not wanting to start drama but if you get a guest encounter, please remember the other 11 people didn't pay to hear everything the guest says relating back to your life. 

I think the only problem with that is some people don't want to leave at certain points, and choose when to leave based on who is doing the talks etc. Or they use the break to go to the toilet or get a drink or something.

I agree that it's all a bit of a scrum, and difficult to get to the tables etc, but I'm not sure of an appropriate organised collection either.

I think part of the problem is people queue from both ends of the tables. If there was possibly a 'one-way' system, and you starting at one end, that could help maybe? I know it might be hard with the sheer volume of guests but it could be worth a go

• Moderators

If your character was gay ...

*yawn*

I know it's a little more effort for ME, and I don't know if anyone does this already, but along with the "sent in" questions, it might be a good idea to write some as back-up?

It's nice to involve the audience but sadly a lot of people think they are funny when they're not.

I think part of the problem is people queue from both ends of the tables. If there was possibly a 'one-way' system, and you starting at one end, that could help maybe? I know it might be hard with the sheer volume of guests but it could be worth a go

Possibly, although then u get some guest photos at one end when yours are up the other end, and u have to wait for everyone to get out of the way etc and .. yeah, everything's a pain really :WINCE:

I agree with the questions comments. Some people ask the questions like the ones mentioned above, and I think that sometimes the guests get bored or annoyed by the same type of questions. I personally love the questions about book and film recommendations, and music recmmendations. The way I see these talks is a way to learn more about the guests, not their characters, Stephenie Meyer is the only one who can say what a character can or can't do.

Me and my friend wanted to ask a question but didn't get picked to ask.

We wanted to know if any of the guests had a bucket list...I'll have to save that for et6 xx

Wanna start off by saying thanks for an amazing weekend. I laughed so much and had a brilliant time from start to finish!!

Something I think that needs work is the part of the talks where the audience ask the questions. I feel it needs to run a bit smoother. This isn't the fault of the new host, I felt it didn't work at ET4 either. Maybe showmasters could section off a row of seats (not in the gold or silver section so people don't just use it too skip) where people could sit should they wish to ask questions and jut pass the microphone along. Also showmasters could possibly have a stationary microphone where attendees get up to go to the microphone. We could also be encouraged to keep our hands up longer so that the host can head to the next person to ask a question while the previous one is being answered. It just seemed awkward and too many silences this time round.

Also this is something I'd like to say more to the attendees. This isn't personal and I'm not wanting to start drama but if you get a guest encounter, please remember the other 11 people didn't pay to hear everything the guest says relating back to your life. 

I have been to events where they have the stand alone microphone and either no one goes up to it as they don't want to be seen walking to the front of the hall or your in line at the mike and the person in line in front of you asks your planned question and you either have to think quick or walk back to your seat.

I thought the parties were the best they've ever been. The Petting Zoo was a GREAT idea, and actually one of my highlights of the weekend, haha. The bouncy castle was great, too, and having the bed/sheep/bull/whatever it is each time is always fun.

As always, the Hilton breakfast was phenomenal :rolleyes:

I really enjoyed the line-up, Michael especially. His passion made everything feel so fresh again. One of the guests did seem to have a couple of diva moments, but I'm still glad I met them and Showmasters wasn't at fault there!

The only negative point I have to mention is that I really wouldn't like a mixed convention. I am a Twilight fan, not a vampire fan, or a supernatural romance fan, or any of those things. I will come to Eternal Twilight events for as long as is physically possible, but if it became a multi-fandom event then I would definitely have to think long and hard about whether it was worth my money. I think that once people get over the cancellations from previous guests (as I'm sure they will now that Kellan's been announced!) ET will be more popular than ever :)

First of all, I enjoyed the con a lot!

I had a blast and I would like to thank Showmasters, the guests, the crew and the attendees who made the weekend so great!

It's late so I won't write a long feedback tonight, but I would just like to answer to what Rhianydd mentioned:

I got all my autographs as planned on my schedule, but I understand why some people chose to wait until sunday while they should have get some autographs on saturday.

I was in group F (silver) and I had all my photoshoots and 4 of my autographs on saturday morning, and only 2 autographs on sunday. So I had 10 things to do on saturday, it felt like a busy morning and then on sunday, I almost had nothing to do and I barely saw the guests.

I am aware of the fact that it's not easy to make a schedule to please 650 attendees and make sure it is not too demanding for the guests. Too Tall does a great job and in the end everybody got their photos and autographs, but it is true that I would have like to have equally busy mornings instead of having to rush to do everything on saturday.

Then again, ET5 was an amazing weekend and I really hope I can soon save enough money to buy a ticket to ET6 ^^