With less than 24 hours to go ..

DavidB

• Moderators

Well, the time has finally come :rolleyes:

Some people are eager beavers and already at the Hilton enjoying themselves, while others will be setting off at various times throughout tomorrow. And for those arriving Saturday and onwards, you can still join in I suppose :drool:

I know we've got a good mixture of first-timers and ET veterans, so whether you've got any last minute questions you'd like to ask, or some helpful advice for other attendees, please feel free to post here.

I have a couple things everyone can always do with thinking about:

1. Respect the guests!

I know we get a lot of "well this isn't a big guest!" or "this isn't a Cullen!" before the event, but once everyone gets there I can honestly say that the Eternal Twilight talks are some of the best I've ever seen at ANY convention, no matter who is involved.

Respecting the guests comes down to two main things:

1. Making them feel welcome - whether they're a first time guest, or have been before, we want them to have the best time possible and then spread the word when they get back to set! You are all a fantastic bunch of attendees, so just give them a warm welcome and show them the best time we know you can.

2. Don't crowd them - this is mainly at the parties or around the hotel. Don't treat any of the guests like they are the last loaf of bread on the shelf after a nuclear holocaust! If you treat them with respect, then they'll feel more comfortable and stick around longer. If they feel intimidated or uncomfortable then they'll leave. It really will come down to you, the attendees. It will be what you make it.

2. Don't panic! ASK QUESTIONS!

Whether you're confused by the schedule, or don't know where something in the hotel is, or you're even unsure about what you think is something silly - PLEASE ask one of the crew. That is what they are there for, no one will think you're stupid, and they'll be more than happy to help. They enjoy being able to make someone's weekend as good as possible. Even ask a fellow attendee - they don't bite! (that I know of..) And it can even be a great way to make a new friend.

3. Make the most of the weekend.

If you're unsure about getting a photo shoot, or attending a talk, or getting that piece of merchandise - don't ever leave with regrets! You don't know if these guests will ever be back, and it's not worth taking that risk. Enjoy every moment that you possibly can, like it's the only time you'll ever do this.

I hope to see many of you there - please say hi if you do. Since these events started, I've made some amazing friends, and it's always a pleasure to end up at the event and see everyone enjoying it. Too Tall, Rhi, and Jason, Mark and the ME team will all be there. Don't be scared to say hi to them either, give your feedback and your thanks. It really makes it worth it for us.

Everyone have safe journeys, and most of all ENJOY your weekend :whistling:

(P.S. If anyone is on Twitter, please feel free to tweet any updates/comments/photos with the #ET5 hashtag. I'll try to re-tweet some of the best from the @Showmasters account for other fans to enjoy.)

Well, the time has finally come :YAHOO:

Some people are eager beavers and already at the Hilton enjoying themselves, while others will be setting off at various times throughout tomorrow. And for those arriving Saturday and onwards, you can still join in I suppose :WAVE:

I know we've got a good mixture of first-timers and ET veterans, so whether you've got any last minute questions you'd like to ask, or some helpful advice for other attendees, please feel free to post here.

Haha! Are you implying that we 'vets' have been through the ET wars or that we're old...just kidding :D But I'll remember my zimmerframe!