Hotel Code

showmasters

they were about to give me the reference number but i decided to ask them to send an email cause i know id loose it otherwise haha so i have a pdf they sent me with all the details on it

I possibly should have asked in hindsight but someone else said it took a bit of hassling to get them to send an email (though I'd probably expect it these days) and not being a fan of doing things by phone I was just happy to get it done quickly and without any problems. I always think of things I should have asked about afterwards but nothing worth phoning back about.

But I've got the reference number written down in variety of places so little chance of losing it.

Well thats good then haha, i just asked and the woman didnt even hesitate she just said ok and sent me the email, but hey everyones got there ref number so its all good

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to let you know that I asked for a confirmation email too, but they forgot to do that. So I called again and they double-checked my e-mail. I got the confirmation right away. So all it took was one extra phone call in my case. ;-).

can anybody confirm if they take the money for the room immediately or do they take it once you check in on the day? i`ve heard both stories, i know if you book direct through the website that its immediate but what about bookings over the phone with codes such as this? Thanks!

I booked over the phone and wasn't asked to pay anything in advance.

Nothing has been charged to my card. Hotels generally only take your card details as a guarantee in case you don't turn up and haven't cancelled so they can still charge you for the room. I'd expect the money is actually only taken when we arrive or on checkout depending on how the hotel operates. Not been to this one before so not sure on that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked mine there and all the people I spoke to were really nice (got disconnected the first time!). I'm always a bit worried about calling and, like other have said, I tend to book hotels, etc. online. But all sorted now: Flights, Hotel, Silver Ticket - roll on October!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Howdy peeps, just a quickie (minds outta the gutters)...I phoned to try and book a triple about an hour ago, on the number on the website, and central reservations lady in Dublin says on her system it tells her not to book a triple room at the Heathrow hotel due to fire safety, and I explained how others had booked and it was a special con rate, so she put me through to the hotel reception, where noone answered prob because of time of day...going to phone back weds when i'm not at work, but, have others had any trouble booking at all? For a triple?

Howdy peeps, just a quickie (minds outta the gutters)...I phoned to try and book a triple about an hour ago, on the number on the website, and central reservations lady in Dublin says on her system it tells her not to book a triple room at the Heathrow hotel due to fire safety, and I explained how others had booked and it was a special con rate, so she put me through to the hotel reception, where noone answered prob because of time of day...going to phone back weds when i'm not at work, but, have others had any trouble booking at all? For a triple?

That was the central reservation you spoke to. Those people can be... creative. They have given others trouble too.

If you call the number on the website during office hours - I think from 9 to 5, but don't quote me on that - they will let you book a triple no problem. The hotel has designated triple rooms, I have stayed in those more than once myself.

That was the central reservation you spoke to. Those people can be... creative. They have given others trouble too.

If you call the number on the website during office hours - I think from 9 to 5, but don't quote me on that - they will let you book a triple no problem. The hotel has designated triple rooms, I have stayed in those more than once myself.

Thankies love, just spoke to someone and got the triple booked, all sorted...they couldn't do the thurs at same rate though so gotta work something out for then *sigh*

• 2 weeks later...

I booked my single room yesterday.

They took my card details but wont be taking payment before I arrive, and I can cancel as late as 4pm on the friday (day of arrival).

I even made them confirm that breakfast is included in my email confirmation.

Thanks ME for fixing single room rates!!

Hello I noticed that you put that you can cancel your room as late as 4pm on the friday, I have just had to cancel my room for this event (because of ill health so i'm very upset!) and had a lot of trouble doing so. When I spoke to the hotel the policy is that all rooms under the event code are non refundable. I totally understand why this is however I was told the same thing as you so didn't feel I had to worry about not being able to make it.

Just wanted to give you and everyone else on here a heads up just in case you we in the same boat as myself!

Jodie

Hello I noticed that you put that you can cancel your room as late as 4pm on the friday, I have just had to cancel my room for this event (because of ill health so i'm very upset!) and had a lot of trouble doing so. When I spoke to the hotel the policy is that all rooms under the event code are non refundable. I totally understand why this is however I was told the same thing as you so didn't feel I had to worry about not being able to make it.

Just wanted to give you and everyone else on here a heads up just in case you we in the same boat as myself!

Jodie

Thank you Jodie. I will let the office know so they can tell the hotel to point this out to their reservation people.

I'm really sorry that you had so much trouble.

Just checked on hotel for you hon, they have no rooms for the saturday night left for single occupany rate.But you may be able to ask them nicely to give you the double at the same rate as they are the same rooms anyway.

Edited by buffy2k

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't sure where to post this as it's only a quick question - is there a (free) cash machine at the hotel, or one nearby? I don't like carrying big amounts of money around with me, but last year I ran out pretty quickly and ended up having to use the hotel machine and paying the extra charge.

• Moderators

I've caught the free bus from Heathrow to this hotel before, but I can't remember which number - there are quite a few that go along Bath Road. It's definitely within the free travel zone, though.

Finally got my room booked. Dear lord what a palaver that was!

Kept getting transferred and told to ring different numbers.

By the third number (and fifth person) I finally spoke to someone who knew what they were talking about!

First few people said there were no rooms left for Sunday but when I actually got to the right person she said there was.

Also for you jammy so and so's who got the double room at the single room rate - I'm jealous lol they must have had cancellations cos singles are now available again.

I know some people mentioned about the cancellation policy I was told there was no fee if cancelled before 4pm on the day you check in.

Edited by Ginnean

Finally got my room booked. Dear lord what a palaver that was!

Kept getting transferred and told to ring different numbers.

By the third number (and fifth person) I finally spoke to someone who knew what they were talking about!

First few people said there were no rooms left for Sunday but when I actually got to the right person she said there was.

Also for you jammy so and so's who got the double room at the single room rate - I'm jealous lol they must have had cancellations cos singles are now available again.

I know some people mentioned about the cancellation policy I was told there was no fee if cancelled before 4pm on the day you check in.

Yay, I'm glad you finally booked your room! We have to take a picture again with the group, just like two years ago :clap:.

About the cancellation policy, my conformation email says this: "Please note that our cancellation policy is 4:00pm on the day of arrival. Kindly cancel or amend your reservation before this time to avoid any cancellation charges of the 1st night's accommodation."

Just to back up what you just said :D.