Hilton Parking Fees

naurarwen_fangorn

Not sure if anyone has seen this but was checking my bookies tonight and noticed that the parking fee has gone from £7 a night to £12 a night.

Parking Charges: Self Parking: 12.00

Edited to add: Nevermind rang the hotel definitely still £7 for resident parking. But anyone who isn't a resident its £12

Edited by naurarwen_fangorn

what the hell?

We were so happy that the prices for the ferry from France to Dover were so much cheaper than last time and now they incresed the parking fee?

really not impressed, we're already on a tight budget -.-

Edit:

okay, others were faster *sighs in relieve* this increase would have been baaaad

Edited by Endless Fighter

If I recall correctly someone has already checked with the hotel and was told that the fee is still 7 pounds if you stay there.

Also at the last events ME had negotiated a discounted rate for event attendees. I'll ask Mark to confirm that this is happening again this time.

This is the thing that confuses me QS when I went to proms they charged me £7 a night (so £14 for the two nights), when I went to ET3 they only charged me £7 for the entire weekend and then at ET4 they charged me £21 for the weekend. I swear it changes every time.

Oh. :lol:

I will see that I crosscheck with Mark. That is really confusing indeed.

*is glad that she comes in by plane*

I was charged £7 a night at ET4, to a total of £21 - TBH I was pretty mortified, but I guess they try and make money where they can - esp seeing as parts of the carpark are in desperate need of having it's potholes filled. TeeHee. My roomie split the cost with me though so it wasn't too bad :poki:

Oh. :lol:

I was charged £7 a night at ET4, to a total of £21 - TBH I was pretty mortified, but I guess they try and make money where they can - esp seeing as parts of the carpark are in desperate need of having it's potholes filled. TeeHee. My roomie split the cost with me though so it wasn't too bad :poki:

Yep - ours was £21 too (£7 a night). But TBH it's better than £12 a night :P

Oh. :D

I was charged £7 a night at ET4, to a total of £21 - TBH I was pretty mortified, but I guess they try and make money where they can - esp seeing as parts of the carpark are in desperate need of having it's potholes filled. TeeHee. My roomie split the cost with me though so it wasn't too bad :blush:

Yep - ours was £21 too (£7 a night). But TBH it's better than £12 a night :D

:o

Yup... A LOT better

They only charged me for 2 nights last time. Even though I didn't stay at the Hilton for ET3 I still managed to get away with £7 a day because I cheekily kept asking them to validate my parking ticket so I could come and go and when Jen (my daughter) checked out they added the charge to her so I didn't pay a bean until the Sunday and then again just £14!!

They only charged me for 2 nights last time. Even though I didn't stay at the Hilton for ET3 I still managed to get away with £7 a day because I cheekily kept asking them to validate my parking ticket so I could come and go and when Jen (my daughter) checked out they added the charge to her so I didn't pay a bean until the Sunday and then again just £14!!

Where did you stay at for ET3 elain?

Just thought I'd bump this as a reminder for ET6 - get your parking tickets validated when you check in or check out. If you don't tell them you are parking a car for the weekend you will find that when you go to pay at the machine, you'll be charged the full daily rate of £12. This could mean anything from £36 - £48 instead of £14 - £21

I only bring this up because a few of my friends were caught out!

I think we only ended up paying £7 for the whole weekend, it seems that way on the bill they gave us but will have to check the statement when it comes in from the card. Strange.

Still walked out without validating the ticket and had to go in again, second time I've done that now!

For some reason they refused to take my money for the parking on Friday which annoyed me. I wanted to pay my hotel on my card but had the cash for the parking on me and ended up having to put that to one side so I didn't accidently spend it. At all the other cons I've done there they took it on Friday but this time the lady flat out refused to let me pay it until Monday

For some reason they refused to take my money for the parking on Friday which annoyed me. I wanted to pay my hotel on my card but had the cash for the parking on me and ended up having to put that to one side so I didn't accidently spend it. At all the other cons I've done there they took it on Friday but this time the lady flat out refused to let me pay it until Monday

How odd. :-s

This is what I explained to the Hilton bod, different people have different requirements, pay different ways and the staff all handle things differently. If they had just one single way of dealing with it, things would be easier and less confusing. I suggested they ask when you check in if you are parking for the weekend, they said they'll bring it up because obviously the current system isn't working.