fame for Collectormania at last

showmasters

Where within the film is Collectormania mentioned please?

When they are all sat around smoking pot, Paul asks Nick Frost when he last got laid, and he replies with 'Collectormania London '08'. Or something along those lines. And then he goes on to say how it was with a hot ewok chick.

I saw the movie this afternoon,

What he actually says when asked when he last got laid by Paul is "Collectormania '08"

When they are all sat around smoking pot, Paul asks Nick Frost when he last got laid, and he replies with 'Collectormania London '08'. Or something along those lines. And then he goes on to say how it was with a hot ewok chick.

What he actually says when asked when he last got laid by Paul is "Collectormania '08"

I saw it about an hour ago... and I'm 99.9% certain he said 'Collectormania London 2008'

Can't remember 2008/'08 but definitely said Collectormania London. :)

I saw it about an hour ago... and I'm 99.9% certain he said 'Collectormania London 2008'

Can't remember 2008/'08 but definitely said Collectormania London. :)

you right he definitly said Collectormania london, I heard it too

Saw the movie yesterday and thought it was excellent! Loved the plug for CM! I didn't realise before I went in that it was a showing also for the hard of hearing so it had subtitles. On the plus side the words "Collectormania London" came up in massive writing for anyone who's interested in googling it after seeing the movie, lol!

Yeah. Hardly "fame". I mean, ComicCon is mentioned and featured a hell of a lot more than the one reference to an event that I'm not even sure existed in 2008? Wasn't CM only at MK back then?...

Blink and you'd miss the reference - unless of course you were looking for it - which I was.

Edited by lukeowl

Saw the movie yesterday and thought it was excellent! Loved the plug for CM! I didn't realise before I went in that it was a showing also for the hard of hearing so it had subtitles. On the plus side the words "Collectormania London" came up in massive writing for anyone who's interested in googling it after seeing the movie, lol!

Well they'd either find there isn't another one in London since it got renamed, or they might find the EMS, which got cancelled. What's the bet the name changes back now?

It's getting a bit anal in here. :unsure:

Who cares if there wasn't a 'Collectormania London' in 2008?? Did anyone realise that the bigger inaccuracy was that a F***** ALIEN has never visited Earth and hung out with a couple of pasty Brits? :thumbup:

Edited by nicky

If he does say 'Collectormania London 2008', he'd have had the venue to himself. CML didn't start till 2009.

I suppose that by avoiding associating not getting laid for a long time with a real event, it avoids offending any attendees of said event. :D Plus it gives you the tiniest suggestion of a hint of trivia to drop into conversation with your mates down the pub (assuming that you go to the pub, and that your mates won't rip the p*ss out of you for such obsessive geekiness :YAHOO: )

It's getting a bit anal in here.

I'm just amazed nobody's been killed in the stampede to add this to the IMDb "Goofs" page for the film...

Of course the alien visited earth, I hardly think someone would go to the trouble of making a film about something that didn't actually happen, what would be the point of that?

All of the events portrayed in films are real.

Indeed. The only unreal thing about it was the reference to an event that never existed.

Would be great to see them again, i caught them at collectormaina Manchester (back when it used to be up here) when they promoted Hot Fuzz, they were really good and signed for free

bring them back also going to see Paul on wednesday so will listen out for the line