Jasons ET4 post

dragonsanddaffodils

I have been reading some of the comments on here and some of the newer fans may not know what goes into an event like ET, so even though some of the older ETers do know what goes into it, I will let out a few facts that may help you understand what we do and have to deal with :D

But we still do it and love running the best events we can for you, so here goes!

1. Some guests change their flights and do not go home for days after a con because they like their trip so

much.

2. We are working on guest for up to 3 events in front to try to catch the big name guests, but its only up to a

week or two from the event that we get a final answer on the bigger guests if they are free to attend or not.

The agents keep the offers live incase something drops out on their dairy and they can attend the event.

We are happy to let this happen as one day this will be the way we get one of the bigger guest .

3. Everyone that has attended the auctioned off meal has had a great time and felt it was worth the money,

even the person who paid £6000 at a Stargate convention . :D

4. Some of the guests you see on stage together have never meet one another before the con even though

they are in the same film.

5. We make the hotels have a fixed reduced room price at most cons we run or they would be cheap when

they are 25% full and would be 4 times the price when they were 75% booked up, which is not fair on the

fans.

6. Most guests say that the fans in the UK are the best they have ever met. They are respectful and calm,

something that they do not see in other countries , and this is why they like the events and feel that they can

hang out at the parties, something they do not do of their own choicing at other events as they do not feel that

safe. Every guests has told me this. ;)

7. Some guests do not like photos being taken of them at the event because of flashes or the way they may

look in them and want them limited to just the photo sessions. They will never say this to the fans as it may

make you think less of them or you may think they are not being nice, so they ask us to be the bad guys

and say no to the fans for them, but that's our job!

8. Some guest have asked what the legal age is to drink over here is? And other legal age limits are ? As they

really do not know as they are in a foreign country :lol:

9. Guests do forget to take their passports to the airport!!!!!!!!!!!!! :chair:

10. We never stop trying to book the main 3 stars of Twilight.

11. Some guests have to buy extra luggage to take the items and gifts you have bought them home with

them.

12. The crew that work from 8.00am to 8.00pm volunteer and do not get paid but they do get a T shirt to wear

and get their autographs for free. They are all just like you, fans that have taken it a bit further and have

offered to help make the events work and give the fans an amazing weekend that they can remember

forever.

13. Mark and I love running these events and hearing you the fans having a good time, its why we do it! We

love putting on shows and we thank you for letting us do what we love doing.

14. The green room is were the guests rest and have food, drink and nibbles. The cost for this room over a

weekend at ET is over £1000!!!!

15. We still believe that we will get all the cast from the Twilight films to one of our events one day.

16. We have had more Twilight guests to our events than any other con in the world.

17. An economy flight now costs £800 for an agent to fly with a guest to ET! Every guest has to have

someone fly with them.

18. Some guests have never been to a con before and are more frightened of meeting all you than you are of

meeting them!

19. At the drinks reception over 600 glasses of wine are consumed!

20. Guest costs for 2010 are stable but are still 3 times what they were when ET 1 started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. So far all the guest that attend an ET have said they would love to attend another ET. Thats 100% of the

guests!

22. An Upper Class flight now costs £8,000 to £12,000 and lots of guests have to have these so they arrive

refreshed and ready to take part in the Con.

23. Some guests have so much fun at the event they ask to attend the next one. This is something we try not

to do as we want you all to see different guests at different cons.

24. Gemma and Davey try to come up with new themes for the parties and new fun giveaways that they would

know for months before the events!

25. If we booked Robert Pattinson we would probably not announce it to the fans as we feel that we would sell

out to people that had not supported ETs over the years, so we would try to keep it a secret for as long as

possible, so you, the fans that have helped make the event happen, would get the tickets and then you

would find out that we had him! That way we feel it's fair to the fans that come every time.

26. Some guests, even though they have signed a contract, forget they are even going to an event.

27. Massive Events has not made a profit in the 3 years it's been running, but thats' not an issue as the

company was not set up to make lots of money, but to brake even. So as long as we do not lose too much

we are happy that we are doing the right thing for the fans and running some of the best cons in the

world!

28. Mark likes cats so much its silly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. Gemma, who is responsable for us running ETs as it was her who thought it up, sat with Robert Pattinson

as a guest assistant once.

30. We will run ETs for as long as you the fans want us to! We love running them so in the end it's down to the

fans how long these events run for.

31. ET is the biggest Twilight Con in the world right now and you are all a part of it :P

32. Paul, that hosts the con, has started to learn Spanish and likes Iron Maiden.

33. We help E1 Films with access to the guests as we get more of them over than they do at times! This is

something that helps the films and we are more than happy to help make Twilight even more successful!

34. We never stop trying to put on a bigger and better Con for you, the fans and if we could book the complete

cast of Twilight to attend an ET we would just go for it!

35. We have a tick list of guest we have had and we plan to get through all the names on the list by the time

we stop running ETs!

36. We have worked with Robert Pattinson twice before and he had a good time with us and he is a really nice

guy!

37. I would like to see a guest wrestling match to take part at one ET

Thanks TT for the link :D

Edited by Rhianydd

I find all 37 facts really interesting :lol: ET really are the best for booking interesting and new guests, the conventions in the US tend to have more of the same cast members each time. ET have only had 2 repeat guests - pretty darn amazing after almost 5 events.

While im not personally holding my breath for Rob it does give me a little hope we might get him.

and £12K for a flight ;). Wow.

I have been reading some of the comments on here and some of the newer fans may not know what goes into an event like ET, so even though some of the older ETers do know what goes into it, I will let out a few facts that may help you understand what we do and have to deal with :D

But we still do it and love running the best events we can for you, so here goes!

22. An Upper Class flight now costs £8,000 to £12,000 and lots of guests have to have these so they arrive

refreshed and ready to take part in the Con.

ME should book cons around the BA sale :P xx

Edited by kegan5

8. Some guest have asked what the legal age is to drink over here is? And other legal age limits are ? As they

really do not know as they are in a foreign country

Bronson? lol

:blush: More then likely.

Edited by DavidB