Who do you want to meet

showmasters

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree with the request for wrestlers

Michael Jordan would be top of my request list for sports though

Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Tony Kucoc, John Paxman, Horace Grant, BJ Armstrong, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Shaq, Charles Barkley.. Other classic NBA stars

anna kournikova :-|

Im going for the stereotypical footballers I'm afraid, thats all that really interest me... ex England Internationals in particular.

I'm all for the Italia 90 reunion, I think that's a fantatsic idea, the first World Cup I remember, and with great fondness. Massively selfish, but if you wanna concentrate on those who's autographs I don't have already then I'd appreciate it hehe!

Gary Stevens, Stuart Pearce, Terry Butcher, Bryan Robson, Peter Beardsley, Gary Lineker, Paul Parker, Tony Dorigo, Steve McMahon, David Platt, Steve Hodge, Paul Gascoigne & Trevor Steven. Oh and I guess David Seaman technically, although he pulled out late with injury.

Would also like to see players from the Euro 96 squad who I havent met yet.

(Seaman, Pearce, Platt, Gazza as already listed from Italia 90) Plus Gary Neville, Alan Shearer, Darren Anderton, Steve Howey, Ian Walker, Nick Barmby, Jamie Redknapp, Steve McManaman, Phil Neville, Steve Stone & Robbie Fowler

Also would like to see some of the World Cup winning squad of 66, but those who haven't done the rounds already at Showmasters events, the forgotten squad meebers, or those who just don't appear. Bobby Charlton (although have read this is a near on impossibility to secure Bobby for these events), John Connelly, Ron Springett, Jimmy Armfield, Gerry Byrne & Terry Paine.

Ummm Matt Le Tissier, Wayne Rooney, Michael Owen.

Think thats about it, if I think of any more will let you know.

Not asking too much is it?? Looooolllllll

Oh, and David Beckham. Easy! hehe

:) :) :)

It is Rugby World Cup year so how about some of the winning England team from 2003? We had a few a the first Sportsmania.

Any World Cup Winners from other teams would be great such as;

David Kirk

Francois Pienaar

Michael Lynagh

David Campese (yes, I know)

George Gregan

Edited by 18blue78

Martin "Wolfie" Adams

The Undertaker

Rhino

Brian Kendrick

Paul London

Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty

Billy Kidman

David Ginola

Patrick Berger

Igor Stimac

Andre Agassi

Pat Cash

Demolition (AX and SMASH)

Kimberley Page

Jackie Gayda

Rue DeBona

Trish Stratus

Lilian Garcia

Kevin Keegan

Mark Rampakash (I know it`s probably spelt wrong but as long as you know who i mean)

I would like to see the 1967 Tottenham cup final team at Sportsmania. Not sure if I've already mentioned this on a previous thread but it would be great to see the likes of Jimmy Robertson and Frank Saul invited along with the likes of Dave Mackay, Jimmy Greaves, Pat Jennings, Joe Kinnear, Mike England and Alan Mullery who have all attended events over the years. If Terry Venables joined the group it would be a massive crowd puller!

Other suggestions for former Spurs players... Martin Peters, David Ginola or Jurgen Klinsmann.

• 2 weeks later...

Especially since our CC win :D

Sebastian Larsson

Nikola Zigic

Ben Foster

Stephen Carr

As a fellow Bluenose I would have to second that! And Obafemi Martins too.

Big wish would be Lionel Messi, although I'd want him to sign a contract to play for Blues, not a photo lol.

Pele would be awesome.

Especially since our CC win :D

Sebastian Larsson

Nikola Zigic

Ben Foster

Stephen Carr

As a fellow Bluenose I would have to second that! And Obafemi Martins too.

Big wish would be Lionel Messi, although I'd want him to sign a contract to play for Blues, not a photo lol.

Pele would be awesome.

HI5 <3

I'm a little bit in love with Larsson lol =[

Classic WWF wrestlers:

Rowdy Roddy Piper

Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase

Fred Ottman 'Typhoon'

The Ultimate Warrior

Hulk Hogan

Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat

Darts player Jamie Caven!

Boxers:

Jon Thaxton (He should be well easy to get, and fought a great fight against Ricky Hatton, as well as winning the British and European Lightweight Crown)

Frank Bruno

Andrew Golota

James DeGale

George Groves

Ricky Hatton

Classic WWF wrestlers:

Hulk Hogan

I do not think even Showmasters would take a punt on Hogan. In the States he is rumoured to charge $300,000 per appearance on a recent nostalgia tour whereas the other guys were getting about $5,000 a time. I know Hogan will pull in people, but I couldn't see him paying off.

I say rumoured as the numbers were revealed by the promoter who Hogan bailed on when he wouldn't pay the amount to get him. It could be sour grapes, but Hogan was publicly humiliated by his ex-Wife and publicly rinsed of his money.

Classic WWF wrestlers:

The Ultimate Warrior

This guy is renowned in the States for being very volatile. He has gone off on many a tangent with his personal opinions. But he is also meant to be great with his fans.

Classic WWF wrestlers:

Jake 'The Snake' Roberts

Another one who has so many demons I am not sure how it would play out. He recently "retired" from wrestling, but retirements very rarely stay intact.

Edited by Simondo

Thanks for the heads up Simundo,

I know of Warrior and Jake Roberts' ego and demons, but did not know that about the Hulkster! Oh well, can I also add:

The Nature Boy Ric Flair! Please please please!

And The Bushwhackers! I read that they now run a Restaurant in the US somewhere!

Thanks for the heads up Simondo,

I know of Warrior and Jake Roberts' ego and demons, but did not know that about the Hulkster! Oh well, can I also add:

The Nature Boy Ric Flair! Please please please!

And The Bushwhackers! I read that they now run a Restaurant in the US somewhere!