well we are back with Sportsmania at the Centre MK

showmasters

So why do we have to all trapse to MK Dons which is hard to find and always freezing cold when using the good old easy to find warm shopping centre is abailable?I thought we all go to MK Dons because the shopping centre was no longer an option!

So why do we have to all trapse to MK Dons which is hard to find and always freezing cold when using the good old easy to find warm shopping centre is abailable?I thought we all go to MK Dons because the shopping centre was no longer an option!

This is partly guesswork on my part because previous Sportsmania events were before my time. I suspect that they are much smaller events in comparison to Collectormania, which was probably growing too large for the available capacity.

• Showmasters Admin

This is partly guesswork on my part because previous Sportsmania events were before my time. I suspect that they are much smaller events in comparison to Collectormania, which was probably growing too large for the available capacity.

Correct.

Where as a Sportsmania will have around 50 dealers and maybe 20 guests a day. CM:MK has around 200 dealers and 60+ guests a day. It's a completely different sized event.

Also the main issue the centre had was the queues. Were as some of the sports guests maybe popular the chances are there will not be a queue much longer than 10-20 people at any one time. Were as we regularly get queues of 400+ for our bigger TV/Film guests. For John Barrowman at CMK we had a queue at 8:30am of OVER 1500 people.

We managed fine in 2004 when there were 3 TNG regulars Billy Dee Williams and Carrie Fisher just as we managed ok a year later with William Shatner and other times....I'm sure we all miss the MK Centre more than we would miss MK Dons!

• Showmasters Admin

Firstly, yes we managed it, we managed the Hobbits at C4, but the centre didn't like it.

The main issue that meant CM:MK had to leave the centre was we used to have the wings down the sides of John Lewis. CMK made it clear that these we NOT part of the SM contract and we had to stop using them, the contract ONLY covered Middleton hall. That is why the last CM:MK at CMK was so much smaller, we had to have all of the guests in Middleton hall.

Middleton hall without the wings is not big enough to hold an event like CM:MK however much people would like it to be there.

• 2 weeks later...

With the event a good few months away, is it fair to say the guest announcements are still going to be a while? I'm naively checking the forum everyday, knowing in my heart of hearts I'm wasting my time at the minute, but I cannot stand the suspense of it all!

:WAVE:

It's probably not so much the time until this show, more like that SM have their two biggest events of the year before Sportsmania which might slow announcements down a bit.

Mind you I think Jason, or someone from SM, said that he wasn't that involved with getting the sports guests for this or other shows so it might be that we start seeing something over the next month or so.

Love the idea of a sports only show as i collect sports autographs more than TV, Music etc and i don't have to explain to friends why the background of my photos are full of wookies, Daleks and stormtroopers. And its not in london too...woo hoo!

JESSICA ENNIS PLEASE! :D or maybe ANNA IVANOVIC. o.k Sue barker then :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

I think a just sports show great , if its in a shopping centre will it still be big with a good lot of sports stars ?

anyway i for one will be there , cant wait

The shopping centre is more than big enough for this sports event. There is room for 25+ guests and 200+ dealers tables. That's a good sized sports event.

It's just not enough room for a full blown CM event with 60+ guests and 500+ dealers tables.