well we are back with Sportsmania at the Centre MK

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

we are very pleased to be back at the Centre MK shopping centre for the 3rd Sportsmania :D

the past two events really worked well and its a great place to hold a sports event .

we will have a great line up of sports guests attending this show and an amazing array of dealers at the show selling all sorts of sports Collectables

you will see guests from the world of

Boxing

Snooker

Football

Rugby

X sports

Darts

Golf

skateboarding

F1 racing

Motorsport

and more

jason :D

This is fantastic news!

I met Steve Davis, Frank Bruno and Henry Cooper in the Centre MK at the original Sportsmania...

I am looking forward to this because i miss the Centre MK.

The events had so much more atmosphere there.

Thank you SM!

I will go and put my wish list in now on the other thread! :blink:

The dates are listed as 15th-17th July, is that correct? Fri-Sat-Sun? Just thought the Friday inclusion seemed a bit odd?

I'm not sure myself but it's possible that it may be a preview evening like LFCC - browse dealer stalls, buy photo shoot tickets etc. Of course it could also be a normal full day.

No doubt SM will provide details at some point.

Looking at other 3 day events before I thought they'd tending to incorporate a bank holiday, of which that Friday is not. I obviously have no inside knowledge on these things but you'd've thought such an event on a normal working day would struggle to be profitable with the likelihood of a reduced number of attendees?

Although maybe the third stand alone sportsmania...the number of sports guests at other SM's events really make it about the 7th or 8th event with sports guests.

Hopefully, lots of new faces this time to keep the event successful and draw in the punters.

Am I right in thinking that in addition to the sports guests who have been pencilled in for the March Collectormania event at the MK Dons stadium, that there will be a further stand alone Sportsmania in the July?

Yes, taking place at thecentre:mk, one week after LFCC.

Also, Collectomania 17 is in May not March. You wouldn't miss it but you would be a bit early :unsure:

Edited by 1of2

Am I right in thinking that in addition to the sports guests who have been pencilled in for the March Collectormania event at the MK Dons stadium, that there will be a further stand alone Sportsmania in the July?

Yes, taking place at thecentre:mk, on week after LFCC.

Also, Collectomania 17 is in May not March. You wouldn't miss it but you would be a bit early ;)

Thanks. Yes I meant May, with so many events going on I was getting confused with the Entertainment show. :D

This is just my own personal opinion - but would it not be more beneficial to incorporate Sportsmania into the LFCC which is happening the week before? I'm sure alot of attendees cannot afford to travel to 2 different events on 2 consecutive weekends. I'm not moaning about the number of events or anything - but it does seem like alot of punters will have to make a choice of attending one or the other, and not both!:clap:

we are very pleased to be back at the Centre MK shopping centre for the 3rd Sportsmania :clap:

the past two events really worked well and its a great place to hold a sports event .

we will have a great line up of sports guests attending this show and an amazing array of dealers at the show selling all sorts of sports Collectables

you will see guests from the world of

Boxing

Snooker

Football

Rugby

X sports

Darts

Golf

skateboarding

F1 racing

Motorsport

and more

jason :(

eeem call me thick but ive looked at milton keynes in may with sports stars is this something different then in july ? is there two sportsmanias this year or am i getting it all mixed up .. sorry if this sounds dumb but i realy am confused xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Collectormania MK at the MK Dons stadium in May has some sports guests announced along with the usual TV and Film guests, but this event in July at the shopping centre will be a standalone event with sports guests only.

Short answer to your question is they are two seperate events (unless I have got this wrong!)

eeem call me thick but ive looked at milton keynes in may with sports stars is this something different then in july ? is there two sportsmanias this year or am i getting it all mixed up .. sorry if this sounds dumb but i realy am confused xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is a different event from that of Collectormania 17 in May. It will consist purely of Sports guests and will be held at the centre:mk, the shopping centre at Milton Keynes.

Collectormania 17, held at the MK Dons Stadium, will have primarily tv/film guests with a small selection of sporting guests.

Edit: Oops. I didn't see the Count's reply.

Edited by 1of2

• Showmasters Admin

My understanding is that this is a full 3 day show (like the old autumn Collectormania shows), although there will only be a very limited number of guests on the Friday. The Friday will be mainly for the dealers.

This is a different event from that of Collectormania 17 in May. It will consist purely of Sports guests and will be held at the centre:mk, the shopping centre at Milton Keynes.

Collectormania 17, held at the MK Dons Stadium, will have primarily tv/film guests with a small selection of sporting guests.

Edit: Oops. I didn't see the Count's reply.

Is it likely that the Spurs 1984 UEFA Cup team will be transferred to the later Sportsmania event or will they definitely appear at the MK Dons stadium?