Friday meet-up

dwarfbabe

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Showmasters Admin

In the lobby I'm not sure unless you're willing to stand there with a big sign ;)

But when you're at Weatherspoons, something I suggested to a group at our Twilight event will work for you guys too. Everyone prints out a simple A4 sign saying Chevron! and put one on every table you are using. To a passer by it means nothing but it means when people turn up they can see exactly which tables are the Chevron people and can introduce themselves. As you take over more tables just put out more signs.

It's simple and it works :lol:

I like the idea of signs on tables at Weatherspoons. I'd even be willing to stand there in the lobby with a sign so that everyone knows where to gather. I know, I must be insane but what the hell?

Hmmm, something to think about. Thanks TT.

:D the chevron facebook page is showing :

Event Unavailable

We're sorry, but this Event is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

i`m signed into facebook, but just can`t get on the page.

By the way this will be the first Chevron i`ve been to.

I had problems earlier but I've just tried and it seems to be available again.

I've googled Wetherspoons to check opening times and there are two listed at the airport at terminals 1 and 2. They should both be open but I don't know which is the best one to go to. Any suggestions?

I've googled Wetherspoons to check opening times and there are two listed at the airport at terminals 1 and 2. They should both be open but I don't know which is the best one to go to. Any suggestions?

We checked Wetherspoons' website and there is one at the NEC in the atrium - I thought that was the one first suggested :help: Now I'm confused where we're supposed to be. I'm disabled and don't know Birmingham so don't want to struggle walking around and get lost LOL

Edited by Fozziefuzz

We checked Wetherspoons' website and there is one at the NEC in the atrium - I thought that was the one first suggested :help: Now I'm confused where we're supposed to be. I'm disabled and don't know Birmingham so don't want to struggle walking around and get lost LOL

Atrium sounds good to me and is really close to hotel. What do yous all think? B)

Its not got any opening times on the website, I think it depends on whether the NEC is open for anything or not otherwise I guess it doesn't open. Theres a conference on till 4pm on the Friday at the NEC so I'd guess that the National Engineering and construction people might want somewhere to eat!

managed to get on the facebook page, i`ve put maybe because it all depends how tired i am from driving, myself and Daughter are coming from Central Scotland. Anyway you`ll recognise me anyway i`ll be the one with the walking stick. Absolutely looking forward to the weekend B)

NEC Atrium it is then.

I'll update the FB page this evening.

UPDATE: as there seems to be some doubt as to whether or not they'll be open, I'll give them a ring to check and post an update on here as soon as I can.

Has anyone got any alternative suggestions just in case they won't be open?

Edited by dwarfbabe

Don't suppose anyone would be up for meeting at about 3.45pm as i would have to leave the pub at 5.30 so i can let my mate (who is arriving after me) in to the hotel room? :WAVE:

I'm planning to get there quite early so would be up for that. Am still trying to find out if they'll definitely be open though. So far, I've tried phoning (several times!), their FB page and e-mailing.

I've finally managed to get some info about opening times.

The Atrium side will be open until 6.00 p.m. but the last food order will be at 5.00. So, the way I see it, we have two choices.

First - we can meet up a bit earlier, say about 4.30 and then all head back to the hotel when the pub closes at six.

Second - we can look for an alternative within walking distance that will be serving food and staying open until a bit later.

So what does everyone think?

Edited by dwarfbabe

As you can tell from my earlier posts - you know what me vote will be. lol

Oh - thought you might like to know - just checked the latest weather forecast - Firday is going to be lovely 20 degrees, Saturday 21 but with heavy showers. Sunday's not been announced yet...