Friday meet-up

dwarfbabe

Does anyone fancy meeting up on Friday for a quick drink and a bite to eat before the opening ceremony?

I don't know what there is around the venue with regards to getting food and drink (apart from the venue itself, obviously) so suggestions for somewhere to go would be welcome.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres a Weatherspoons at the NEC (Around 10 min walk away) and I think theres a Frankie and Benny's at the airport! anything else you would need a car to get to.

Darkrecell am sure you and your wife will have fun and enjoy it! everyones always friendly at these events and we all have somthing in comman so its easy to start up conversations. I cant wait :YAHOO:

if you are new to this, and especially this venue, I have one tip with regards to drinking... BYO!!!!:D

surfy sah xx

Agreed with this one, it was way too expensive at the Hilton as much as I would've liked to have drunk at the last one here, alas, I couldn't! :D

if you are new to this, and especially this venue, I have one tip with regards to drinking... BYO!!!!:(

surfy sah xx

Agreed with this one, it was way too expensive at the Hilton as much as I would've liked to have drunk at the last one here, alas, I couldn't! :D

I hear the food at the Hilton is ridiculously expensive as well.

My Mate and myself were at chevron 7.5 and really enjoyed it so signed up for 7.6 straight away. My wife isnt a really a fan of Sci Fi but said she would like to see what it is all about and join in, she may regret that B)

As for alcohol prices at the Hilton... I have stayed in a few Hiltons and found them to be extortionate and lacking in quality, for beer, and skill and imagination for cocktails. I intend to address both of these area's during my packing for the event... :angry:

I would definitely be up for a meet up.

This is my first Chevron, although I have attended other conventions, but I'm coming on my own so anything that will help relieve the first night awkwardness of sitting on my own until some kind soul feels sorry for me and starts a conversation will be a big help.

This will be my first trip to Chevron, and my friend (who is a MASSIVE Stargate fan) has never even been to a convention at all, so we'll both be over-excited, geeky balls of nerves LOL We're totally up for a meet-up - sounds like an awesome idea! :) I've been to numerous other Showmasters events, so know we will be in nice, friendly company :WINCE:

Edited by Fozziefuzz

I would definitely be up for a meet up.

This is my first Chevron, although I have attended other conventions, but I'm coming on my own so anything that will help relieve the first night awkwardness of sitting on my own until some kind soul feels sorry for me and starts a conversation will be a big help.

Hm, you can look out for me during the day, feel free to come over :) I'll be with my friend Maddie and we'll happily take you in :)

Looks like there's some interest in this. How does 5 o'clock meet up in the hotel lobby sound and then a stroll down to Weatherspoons for something to eat and drink?

I know it sounds early but I'm sure everyone will want to be back in good time for the opening ceremony (don't know what time that'll be but I'm guessing it'll be about 7ish).

In my experience, everyone is really friendly and there's never trouble finding someone to talk to. I've made some fab new friends in the last couple of years.

Same here :) Everyone is lovely.

I ended up going on my own to the last one, I was bit shy about talking to people but I plucked up the courage and got out there.

I'll create a Facebook group for this later. If everyone who wants to come along joins, we'll at least know what each other looks like. I'll post the address on here when it's done. :thumbup:

Good plan! I'll have to put a proper photo of me on my Facebook profile then, since I'm currently Wile E. Coyote! :chair: