SPURS 1984 uefa cup reunion

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

We invited Steve Archibald to the show but he was unable to attend.

As is an integral part of the Spurs team we went to Barcelona to do Steve's first commercial private signing. As a result we will have signed Tottenham Hotspurs 12x16 group image and shirts with Steve Archibalds Signature on it which you can then add to with all the other guys if you wish.

These will be available at the show in the sports area.

The image with Steves signature will be £20 , the image with out the signature will be £5

The Shirt with Steves Signature will be £45, the shirt with out the signature will be £ 30

We hope this helps out some of you who we know wanted his signature with everyone elses.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully all the team will be available tomorrow after the Football 40 tournament today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that none of the players picked up too many strains or injuries that prevent them from attending!

Could you keep us informed of any cancellations?

How exactly does the £80 for the lot on one item work? Do we tell the crew member for the first person that that is what we want and pay £80 to them?

That's exactly what you do. I was working the West Ham pit today and basically all crew will have the vouchers - you go to the first one you want and get it from them for the full amount, then use the voucher to get the rest.

Have fun :)

Graham Roberts picked up a slight injury, but, it wasn't bad enough for him to have to walk in crutches (left calf).

Oh dear! Mind you at his age, and I'm near enough there myself, you only feel the effects the morning after so I hope that he still can make it. He is my main interest tomorrow, so fingers crossed!

Graham Roberts picked up a slight injury, but, it wasn't bad enough for him to have to walk in crutches (left calf).

Oh by the way, did Gary Mabbutt play? Ta :(

No. He wasn't even in the squad.

Strange because he was interviewed about the event and was due to be there. I wonder whether he will attend tomorrow? :(

Everyone but Ally Dick was there by the time I had left.

Yes me too. I have just arrived home and I left at 11.45 and Ally had not arrived by that time. Still he was an added bonus anyway as far as I was concerned and I had a good chat with most of the players. Mickey Hazard was again very happy to talk to the fans as was Tony Galvin and Gary Mabbutt. It was nice to see Danny Thomas and he was great aswell. To be honest all of the players were very nice and Ricky Villa is a true gentleman.

I would like to thank the organisers and I think Montage Moments who arranged for the players to be there for another superb morning out.

I would love to see the 1967 FA Cup Final side up next. Saul and Robertson along with Mackay, Greaves, Jennings and maybe El Tel aswell would be fantastic! It it will be 45 years next year since the victory over Chelsea.

Micky Hazard was an absolute gent. He was taller than me. Gary was a star, asked what I felt about Spurs this season. I said fifth was a step back but QF in Champions League and beating Arsenal at the Emirates made up for it. Tony Parks was another one. I said it was great to be up close to him considering that I can't get onto the pitch whenever he is out there warming yp.

Did Alli Dick show up? I gave up waiting, since I'd met him at a Junior Spurs Christmas Party in 1986!

I left at 11:45 so can't say. Judging by other people's photos, I doubt it.

I was with one of the other guests and Ally was the only one that wasn't there.

His would be helper told me he was on his way...an hour later she told me had cancelled!

I left at 11.45 and even then I stayed for about half and hour waiting for him to arrive. Its a shame that the communication got lost somewhere along the line. Not sure whose fault it was, possibly the organisers bringing the players to the event or Ally Dick himself for not informing the organisers sooner. I can appreciate those who were really keen to meet him being a bit upset given the lateness of his cancellation.