important message from Showmasters

showmasters

all good points, quality over quantity
Remember that the next time you consider posting a request for Eliza Dusku :lol:

If at all possible, it would be great if you could re-schedule Sean Maher (preferably for Hallowhedon 3) and Nicole de Boer, as they were the two I most wanted to meet.
Sean would be great at HW3. Likewise for Nicole at Warp 10. They would both be popular for LFCC, CM17 and CM:G

Personally those two and Jennifer Lien are the ones that I am hoping the most are able to be rescheduled.

Edited by 1of2

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

88 EUR lost with Eurostar tickets, 40 EUR lost with a non refundable cheap hotel room and in addition i booked a place to attend the theater play 'The Children's Hour' with Keira Knightley on the saturday evening for nothing now...
As Myself205 has suggested why not attend the play anyway? I wouldn't want to miss out one one planned event due to a cancellation on another.

Of course i thought about it and would have probably attend if i could change my train tickets.

But i have non changeable/refundable tickets for the first Eurostar on Saturday and last one on Sunday, and i don't feel like it's worth anymore to get up at 5am on the saturday morning and lose a whole weekend just for a play... I know London by heart since long and don't feel like hanging around the rest of the time.

I agree with Lams9999 that things were way better when the number of events was limited, that's indeed a fact that can't be denied.

But well. Have to live with that.

But i have non changeable/refundable tickets for the first Eurostar on Saturday and last one on Sunday, and i don't feel like it's worth anymore to get up at 5am on the saturday morning and lose a whole weekend just for a play... I know London by heart since long and don't feel like hanging around the rest of the time.
Ah, it is a shame that you know London so well, otherwise it could have been a good day out wandering around the sights.

Ah, it is a shame that you know London so well, otherwise it could have been a good day out wandering around the sights.

yeah that's a shame... personnally, i think i'll come anyway to go shopping at Forbidden Planet :poki:

I have mixed feelings about this announcement - on the one hand, having enjoyed the previous two events at this venue I'm disappointed that the event won't take place, but on the other hand, the reasons given are entirely justified, and as I am currently out of work I was wondering how I was going to afford to attend anyway. Just hope I manage to get work before the events later in the year...

Is the Olympia show in November still scheduled to go ahead?

I don't know if the play is sold out but you should try to sell your theatre ticket, to get some money back. Can't help as I have already my ticket to see the play.

I need to know as I'm pretty skint- if I booked 2 days ago- will the order just not be put through or will it then I get a refund? I also got my Gates photoshoot for MK and I DON'T want that to be cancelled.

I'm really not sure what will happen with the not yet processed orders. I would assume they're on hold/not processed until the new date is clear and only your Gates order will be processed.

You won't lose your Gates order, you'll very likely be contacted.

But I'll try to find that out for you.

Therapy suggestion. Instead of thinking about that guest that you will miss seeing in March, have a look at your autographs/photos and reflect on all of the great guests that you have met so far.

Of course the more you have met the better the therapy will work!

I don't know if the play is sold out but you should try to sell your theatre ticket, to get some money back. Can't help as I have already my ticket to see the play.

Unfortunately i have to collect the ticket at the box office and present my credit card there which of course i don't plan to sell but thanks for the advise :poki:

I need to know as I'm pretty skint- if I booked 2 days ago- will the order just not be put through or will it then I get a refund? I also got my Gates photoshoot for MK and I DON'T want that to be cancelled.

I'm really not sure what will happen with the not yet processed orders. I would assume they're on hold/not processed until the new date is clear and only your Gates order will be processed.

You won't lose your Gates order, you'll very likely be contacted.

But I'll try to find that out for you.

I too ordered tickets for this event and others for collectormania 17 and LFCC... Hope I won't loose all... Can't wait for the answer!

To be fair, I lived in London for eleven years, and spent a lot of my time exploring the place, and barely scratched the surface. There are so many musems and exhibitions and other things to see and do...; if you view it as a lost weekend, it will be. If you take the view that when life gives you lemons, make lemonade, then you could have an interesting time in London exploring things you've never seen or done before.

Noes! Mind you, I'm glad I found this out now - I was going to book my tickets after I got paid on the 31st. (Sorry to all those poor buggers who've booked non-refundable stuff, though.)

Totally understand the reasons for this, even if it does make me sad in the short-term. It is worth cancelling/postponing an event if it means you can make it a better one next time.

I too ordered tickets for this event and others for collectormania 17 and LFCC... Hope I won't loose all... Can't wait for the answer!

No, you will not loose all. That I can guarantee you without having an answer for this special case.

We've had half-processed orders because of guest cancellations before and the other half of the order always came out fine. I am sure it will be the same here.

This announcement has made me a little bit happy. I couldn't attend this event due to prior commitments and was gutted about not meeting Nicole and Jennifer. Here's hoping they get announced at another event next week. I would love SM even more than I do now :lol:

Edited by Beechy

thanks for letting us know i feel really sorry for you guys that booked hotels,trains and planes and i am a little dissappointed but its no use crying over spilt milk on wards and up wards showmasters x x

Edited by harley

Friends and I had booked hotels and trains for this , and were all sorted.

As we've paid out already for travel, it's been decided we'll still go to London for the weekend.

It is disappointing, and whilst I commiserate with the behind the scenes issues that were mentioned, It does also seem like more was taken on, that could realistically be handled events/con wise.

In the old days, we could book non refundable hotels for events, safe in the knowledge they wouldn't change, but nowadays, we feel we just can't do this any more

Don't misunderstand, we will still attend the events, so this is not a dig, more asking SM to see it from the attendees point of view.

Maybe if the events are likely to be changed dates/ cancelled, you should consider speaking to hotels in the area of the event and getting an "event rate" which means if the dates do change, we can simply move the booking?

I've already booked rooms for the new dates for Glasgow, which are non refundable, so I hope there's no changes with that one !!

Its been a hard decision to make but with one thing and another we have decided that this is the best option for both the attendees and the future of the event.

We want to be able to bring you the best events possible with a wide range of the best guests out there.

Over this last few days we have been informed that three of the bigger guests we already booked for this event are no longer able to attend. Also we had several large headline guests lined up which we needed to make the event really work for all the attendees, but I was also told this week that neither of these guests could make the March date either, making the guest line-up not as strong as we wanted it to be or what is needed to make this event work.

The trouble is you've always told us not to book tickets to events based on one or two guests - after all they are always prone to cancellations. Especially working Actors. What happens if the same thing happens next time?

It's making it harder for people to commit in advance.

Certianly didn't see this coming. The one event that actually had a lot of guests.

Edited by TerraHawk